Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #1756
melissamacpherson78
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
I've ordered two mini cakes. One from the Boardwalk Bakery and one from CR delivered to our meal at Cali Grill. I asked for different cake/filling options at the Boardwalk Bakery, but was told they just do standard chocolate/chocolate or vanilla/vanilla (which isn't true, but I don't like to push for what I want). The mini cake I ordered from CR bakery went much more smoothly as I basically just emailed what I wanted and they quoted me a price . I just put in the email whatever cake/filling I wanted.

The cake I ordered from the CR bakery was about $50. I ordered a white fondant covered (because I like the taste of white fondant) cake with silver/white snowflakes. Maybe you could do a purple fondant covered mini cake with sparkly seashells around it and brown sugar "sand" around the bottom? Mini cakes are kind of limited on decoration space. I think fondant covered cakes look more fancy/polished (and if I get any fondant other than white I remove it and eat the cake, it's mainly just there for looks).
This sounds beautiful!! I can't wait to hear from Brian to see what he suggests!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #1757
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniadavey View Post
Help me....new to the cake thread but...we'll be at the World in 10 days. My bday is the Monday of our trip and celebrating at HS (my fav and home to the villains. Does anyone know if I could get a small Maleficient themed cake at 50's primetime...or delivered there? OR maybe an evil apple from the villains in vogue shop?
Fancy custom cakes are not available at Hollywood Studios. The best you could have delivered is a supermarket-style buttercream cake with a screen print of Maleficent, but they won't do one on anything smaller than an 8-inch cake.

Details on options and the phone number to call can be found here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to...-location/#dhs
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #1758
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

Currently waiting for the return email from Brian regarding my son's 10th birthday cake! I found a picture of a Cars cake he did a couple of years ago and used that as a template for a Test Track themed cake. Looking forward to what he comes up with!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #1759
messyjessy
Earning My Ears

Help please!

How long does it take for the Contemporary to respond to an email request?
I'm so very excited to hear back from them through email. I also sent pictures in the email for inspiration so they could just get creative with the theme. Is the person that responds Chef Brian?

Also, does anyone know the size (in inches) of the mini cakes? When I spoke to the rep at CR cake line she said a mini cake was 6". I was thinking about the two tier mini cakes. but she said that was the size for them? Does that sound right? It looked a lot smaller to me in pictures.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #1760
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

If you look on the previous page you will see a picture of me and my family holding our 2 tier mini cake. I'd say it's about 4 inches on the bottom and 3 on the top. Hope this helps.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #1761
Maisey13
Mouseketeer

We currently have reservations at Coral Reef for my daughter's birthday and I am going to have a mini-cake made for her special day. Coral Reef wasn't our first choice and we are still hoping to find a last minute reservation at BOG instead (I know it is a long shot but it is her favorite movie.) If a miracle happens and we do get the BOG reservation, can we reschedule the cake to go to BOG instead of CR or are we out of luck? Thanks so much for all the help!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #1762
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

No, the restaurants are serviced by completely different bakeries. Yacht & Beach Club makes the fancy cakes for Coral Reef—maybe you could arrange to pick it up from one of their restaurants earlier in the day? Or just contact the Contemporary's private dining team to see if they are able to deliver a minicake to BOG.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #1763
2pirates&2tinks
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to let you know that if you do a search on Pinterest for Disney Cakes there are some amazing cakes. I think I looked at every photo in the Cake Thread Index and I just wanted something new and different. Worth taking a look. Pat at the Grand Floridian was very helpful to work with on this cake design. She was responsive and easy to deal with. I look forward to seeing the cake in a couple days.

Good luck to everyone searching for that special cake!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #1764
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pirates&2tinks
I just wanted to let you know that if you do a search on Pinterest for Disney Cakes there are some amazing cakes. I think I looked at every photo in the Cake Thread Index and I just wanted something new and different. Worth taking a look. Pat at the Grand Floridian was very helpful to work with on this cake design. She was responsive and easy to deal with. I look forward to seeing the cake in a couple days.

Wow you are the first person I have heard say Pat was helpful. Good for you. What kind of cake did you get? I hope you will post pictures too!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #1765
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pirates&2tinks View Post

I'm glad you didn't have trouble working with Pat. What exactly did you request?
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #1766
2pirates&2tinks
Mouseketeer

Together we worked out a design for a Minnie Mouse themed cake that we put together from a few different cakes I liked. One made by Brian, one by the GF and one from a photo on Pinterest. She always got back to me with answers to questions and designs within a day or so. Always very pleasant and very professional. When I return I will attempt to post a picture of the cake (as long as someone tells me how to do that).
Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #1767
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Together we worked out a design for a Minnie Mouse themed cake that we put together from a few different cakes I liked. One made by Brian, one by the GF and one from a photo on Pinterest. She always got back to me with answers to questions and designs within a day or so. Always very pleasant and very professional. When I return I will attempt to post a picture of the cake (as long as someone tells me how to do that).
I'd definitely love to see how it turns out. I'm probably going to be working with Pat in a few weeks from now, so I'm happy to hear that someone was happy with the service they received.

I usually post photos by uploading them into Photobucket, then clicking on the provided [IMG] link and pasting it into the body of my message over here.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #1768
Happy99
DIS Veteran

has anyone reported Pat to Disney guest communications for her attitude? What I am reading about her is crazy and definitely not the Disney way
Old 03-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #1769
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
has anyone reported Pat to Disney guest communications for her attitude? What I am reading about her is crazy and definitely not the Disney way
She was really nice and helpful when I ordered a cake in January
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #1770
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just wanted to let you know that if you do a search on Pinterest for Disney Cakes there are some amazing cakes.!

wow== just wow

so you say that you can ask one of the bakers to do a design from what you see there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: