Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #1636
jimim
DIS Veteran

It's my daughter's 4th bday when we go in October and I was going to have Brian do it again for us at the Cal Grill (hoping its open by then). She is in crazy Little Mermaid mode soI wanted that as a theme.

Any ideas? Do they have a white chocolate topper of her? If not u think he can swing that in fondant? What about a sabastian and flounder in fondant too? I was just wondering but would also love to hear some ideas. I'm not a huge fan of the cutouts though. She loved the chocolate minnie from her first bday. She won't let us get rid of it either. It's still in the back of our fridge. lol

jiim
Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #1637
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
It's my daughter's 4th bday when we go in October and I was going to have Brian do it again for us at the Cal Grill (hoping its open by then). She is in crazy Little Mermaid mode soI wanted that as a theme.

Any ideas? Do they have a white chocolate topper of her? If not u think he can swing that in fondant? What about a sabastian and flounder in fondant too? I was just wondering but would also love to hear some ideas. I'm not a huge fan of the cutouts though. She loved the chocolate minnie from her first bday. She won't let us get rid of it either. It's still in the back of our fridge. lol

jiim
Go to the first page and click on the link to Part II...has cake index. There are several Arial cakes there.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #1638
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Ok please talk me off the ledge. I spoke to Yvette on tues to order a cake for my boss's son. She told me she would call me back in two days. As of Friday I still had not heard back. I called again and spoke with her Friday. She told me she would resend the information as 'high priority' and I should hear back shortly. I still haven't heard back. The cake was for 3/7!! I promised my boss this will be great. Help!!!

Heather
If it were me, I'd keep calling back ever hour or two until I got ahold of her and found out what was going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
IDo they have a white chocolate topper of her? If not u think he can swing that in fondant? What about a sabastian and flounder in fondant too? I was just wondering but would also love to hear some ideas. I'm not a huge fan of the cutouts though. She loved the chocolate minnie from her first bday. She won't let us get rid of it either. It's still in the back of our fridge. lol

jiim
I have never seen a white chocolate Ariel topper, but they may have one—best to ask. They cannot mold the characters out of fondant for you due to likeness-integrity issues. If you don't want a cutout, you'll have to supply your own plastic figurines.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #1639
MomofDisneyLoversx3
Mouseketeer

Lurkyloo- just off the phone. Spoke w Brandon. Yvette was nice but didn't actually accomplish what I needed (ie a cake!) Brandon put me on hold CALLED Jessie the baker and kept me on the phone until it was all dealt with. Feeling better about life.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #1640
lurkyloo

Awesome! So glad you got it sorted out.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #1641
MomofDisneyLoversx3
Mouseketeer

Now I have to find someone who draws so they can sketch the Ariel cake I have in mind for DDs bday.

Brandon was out of this world
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #1642
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

It has taken me a while but I finally have the picture of my DD's birthday cake. We ordered it through AoA to be delivered to the food court for our pick up. I sent the image and all of the details I wanted included in the cake. I went with this particular design choice because I wanted a slightly more grown up looking Ariel cake. I requested a six inch red velvet with cream cheese filling and buttercream on the outside. I asked for a dark color to resemble the ocean at night and things from Ariel's grotto. I was quoted $60 +tax. My DD loved the cake and it was absolutely delicious!! Better than the one we got from GF in my opinion.

Here's the photo:

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #1643
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post

Here's the photo:
that looks wonderful!!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #1644
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

ohh--I had an idea. My girls are fraternal twins, so how about a Secret of the Wings cake with images of Periwinkle and Tink?

That with a fireworks theme since we'll have cake while watching Illuminations? Any ideas about something I could suggest? My girls love the movie. (They are turning 9)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #1645
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
ohh--I had an idea. My girls are fraternal twins, so how about a Secret of the Wings cake with images of Periwinkle and Tink?

That with a fireworks theme since we'll have cake while watching Illuminations? Any ideas about something I could suggest? My girls love the movie. (They are turning 9)
IMHO the best looking cakes are the ones with a simple theme, rather than multiple ideas all squeezed onto one cake. I'll bet if you told the Yacht Club you wanted a cake with a Secret of the Wings theme and provided a photo, you'd get something great!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #1646
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
IMHO the best looking cakes are the ones with a simple theme, rather than multiple ideas all squeezed onto one cake. I'll bet if you told the Yacht Club you wanted a cake with a Secret of the Wings theme and provided a photo, you'd get something great!
That's a great point--thank you!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #1647
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Are the choices at all star ad limited as they seem?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #1648
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Cake Drums/Cakeboards Covering

Most of the WDW cakes, including the ones I've ordered in the past, are placed on decorative cake foil covered drums or boards. Now, non-WDW bakeries commonly cover their drums/boards with fondant and other decor to compliment the cake.

Does anyone know if any of the WDW bakeries will do this if asked? Or has anyone been told no?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #1649
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to throw at me for this: I wanted to order a cake (probably to be delivered to our room at POR) for a cosmetology graduation. This is for a girl in love with the princesses, and while Rapunzel isn't her top, she's pretty close to it and I was thinking that she'd be the most appropriate one for a hair dresser's graduation lol Now, I've never ordered a graduation cake from Disney and I'm not sure where to go with this cosmetology school graduation Rapunzel cake theme...anyone have any ideas? Thanks! I was thinking a 6" cake.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #1650
bean bunny
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! We usually stay at the Yacht Club and I have a tradition of ordering my husband the White Chocolate Mickey & Strawberries on our arrival day. This time we are trying Port Orleans for something new. Based on the "by location" thread it looks like Boardwalk Inn is my option for delivery and they don't offer the white chocolate mickey. Is there any other way I can get one? Even if it means picking it up at another resort that's fine. Thank you for any help you can offer!

Upcoming Trips:
December 2011, January 2012, August 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: