Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #136
DarthVader92
Working for the Mouse

Please consider bringing some auction or raffle items with you to the event! We are looking forward to getting a lot of money raised in the silent auction items so if your have something that you'd be willing to donate please either let Tara or myself know or bring it directly to the event and we can it into the silent auction or the door prizes.
Disney Store 720 Former Cast Member
Disney College Program Spring 2011 Alumni
DarthVader92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #137
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Big E foodies...

In case you were wondering what some of the unusual food options are at the Big E, here is a peek...of course, some of the current popular fair foods are there...chocolate covered bacon...fried oreos...maple bacon ice cream...

...but...FRIED KOOL AID?!?!?!?

Photos: Fried Kool-Aid, Other Curious Foods At Big E

4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #138
TallMumHP
DVC Member since 1997

My family may be ditching after the Big E to get home for home work etc. Do you think I would be able to arrange a ride to the brunch from the hotel and then
a ride back to the Boston area after the podcast? I would be happy to pitch in for tolls and gas. I just do not want to miss the podcast. I am really looking forward to it.

TallMumHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #139
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I am willing to help with both but that means staying till the very end and leaving the hotel extra early. We will make it work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #140
TallMumHP
DVC Member since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSWJan78
I am willing to help with both but that means staying till the very end and leaving the hotel extra early. We will make it work!!!

Sure. I would be happy to help with set up that morning. I will send you a private message with my contact info. Thanks

TallMumHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #141
Brumeiser
Total Disney Nut

Question Friday night dinner question

What is the dress code for the Friday night dinner? I need to start packing this weekend and I was wondering about what to bring. Thanks

Meeting the mouse for the first time.
Brumeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #142
pinkerbell
FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSWJan78 View Post
We will be sending an email to all who have registered this weekend. Keep an eye out for it.

Who will the email be coming from, sadly even emails I sent myself as a reminder get sent to my spam????

mom dad dd 9 dd 7
Link to AOA pics - more than you could possibly want!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009843
Summer 87 Magic Kingdom College Program, 4 93, 4 94 and 3 95, 3 & 10 96, 10 98, 5 99, 10 01, 10 02, 10 04 & 10 05 off property 5 05 and 10 06 ASSports 9 07, 9 08 & 9 09 ASMo, POR 2 10, POP 4 10 and ASMo 9 10, ASMo 9 11, Dolphin 2 12, POP 4 12, AoA 9 12, Dolphin 1 13, POP 4 13 Dolphin 1 14 POP 4 14
pinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #143
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumeiser
What is the dress code for the Friday night dinner? I need to start packing this weekend and I was wondering about what to bring. Thanks
The Villa rose is your typical local italian restaurant. Nothing to fancy but we will be taking lots of pictures I have not yet decided what I wearing but what ever you Choose you will look Fabulous !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerbell

Who will the email be coming from, sadly even emails I sent myself as a reminder get sent to my spam????
NEDisMeet@gmail.com

I will post the email here too so no one misses the info!!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #144
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Big E attire

The previous few messages made me think a bit about what to wear to the Big E. I've been before and wanted to let those new people know that there is a lot of walking involved with the Big E. Not as much as you might get at say, a day in Epcot, but still a lot of walking. So first item on the list is comfortable shoes. Keep in mind that some of this walking will be on dirt/mud so don't go for style so much as protection.

Second, The weather in at the Big E then will likely be just fine. Typical comfortable 70's in the day time with low humidity. But, it could be something else. Last year on the day I went it started to rain in the early afternoon and pretty much washed out the rest of the day. So, the second item is a disposable poncho. Start checking the weather forecast for Springfield MA a few days before the meet to get a good idea of what to expect. Right now the 10 day forecast shows 80 degrees and 10% chance of rain.

Third; Much of the fair is outside so you will be in the sun more than you realize. Bring a hat and sunscreen.

Identification - as in how to recognize fellow DIS'ers in the Big E. Good question. I'm probably going to have my DIS Unplugged T-shirt on. Or my DIS hat. If you see me and I don't recognize you, don't be afraid to say something - I'm really bad at remembering names/faces but always happy to meet another DIS'er.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #145
bryannem
Mouseketeer

Just registered for the brunch on Sunday. No one would come with me so I'm hoping to meet some fun new DIS people!! Very excited
1981-2000: multiple trips at Fort Wilderness; 2002: girls only trip at All Star Movies; 2005: All Star Music; 2006: Pop Century; 2007: DisneyLand!; 2008: Pop Century and Bonnet Creek; 2010: offsite; 2010: Caribbean Beach; 2011: Bonnet Creek; 2012: so many! Love having business trips to Florida! (5 times so far!). 2013: DVC with the whole family!!
bryannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #146
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Being that the meet is a week away now, I'm going to stick this to the main forum.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #147
Bornteach

How kind of you Nikki, thank you.

Bornteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #148
disney4dan
DIS Veteran

We are really looking forward to this! So bummed that we have to miss the Sunday event because of other commitments, but we'll be sure to look for everyone on Friday and Saturday. You won't be able to miss us, we'll be the family with smiles on our faces and wearing something Disney related

I'll have to see if I can find a more current picture than the one in my signature line maybe?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #149
JoeG
Enjoying the Disney Lobotomy!!

Tara will we be getting a packet for the weekend...or will we get it when we get to Springfield.....
Old 09-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #150
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeG
Tara will we be getting a packet for the weekend...or will we get it when we get to Springfield.....
Hi Joe,

We just finished making the credentials packets. They will be handed out at your first event. For those of you doing the Big E as your first event you can pick your packet up either from the Hotel or from me... I will email you all my contact info and more inside scoop tomorrow.

1 week to go!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: