DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #3226
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Happy Birthday WildernessDad!!!!

And congrats on your team winning the Big Game!!!!

Last edited by jimmytammy; 02-04-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #3227
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

bagsmom
Sounds like fun(and it sounds like my logic, anything to get and extra day at WDW)

rusafee
Hang in there on getting those pts., it will happen if you stick with it

blossomz
Have fun running! Couldnt think of a better place to do it. T did the half marathon twice, its a very rewarding experience(she tells me)

Ink
You got me intrigued on Vonage. Google their reviews, it may be enlightening.
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #3228
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Love this, and my thoughts exactly!

Luv said I forgot part of the story (though it's more of an epilogue, actually), so here goes. For Luv's first trip with me to WDW we stayed at VWL, and she was smitten. . .with me AND the Lodge . The intimacy of the WL, in general, and the Villas, in particular, was especially romantic. Further, though she is a Disney veteran with numerous trips over 20+ years, she had never stayed in a DVC suite. She loved it! Shortly after that trip, we began to look into VWL contracts and bought one a couple of years ago in late April. We wanted to do a Christmas holiday trip (I'd never been at Christmas), and though we had to go on a waitlist, it came through for us less than four months out. Serendipitous, indeed.

So, VWL possesses emotional heft to us that other resorts don't. It's part of the fabric of our relationship, so much so that we'll tie the knot there in July. And that, as Paul Harvey would say, is the rest of the story.
This is beautiful. My DH and myself came to WDW for our honeymoon, and we have been back every year since. I can't help but feel like that is why it holds such a special place in our hearts. It was where we came when we were the happiest we have ever been. And those feelings come back every time still.

Congratulations on your wedding in July! When we were just at the Lodge a few weeks ago we saw wedding photos being done in front of the waterfall, and I almost couldn't get a "Congratulations" out to the couple, because I was so teary. It was just so beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
There's a moose on the loose.... if found call Eliza!
I'm sure he'll turn up for dinner. You know boys.

Hmm... my giraffe is gone too. Need to do some tracking here...
ETA - my moose is hosted over on photobucket so he's OK, but the giraffe who's MIA was hosted here on the DIS. It looks like someone moved or renamed the photo directory hosting the groupie icons. Time for me all my icons, includint the giraffe on photobucket with my moose.

ETA to the ETA - caught a new giraffe, and he brought home a zebra buddy feel free to copy the image location of my moose - I have no intention of deleting or moving him.
Can you tell me where to find the Zebra? I always have such a hard time finding the mascots. I'll add Moosie someday, but I'll wait until it's official and we own there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I can see mooses everywhere. 7th sense????

Oh yeah, try telling Mr Muush that he is not pronouncing it correctly (drives me nuts, I work with ESL students!).
ESL, like sign language?

Wait... I'm guessing maybe no since it's a pronounciation thing.

And I agree about the pronuncing of words. My DH says the word 'warm' like, w-ARM (like the body part) I make fun of him every time. I think it just causes him to say it more....

Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #3229
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
You should feel honored to have a tag. I guess it shows that someone is reading your posts!

I know that they read this thread because one of my tags is from here.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #3230
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday WDad !!!

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 02-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #3231
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Happy Belated Birthday DLI

Sorry I missed it
Hope it was Magical

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #3232
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Happy Birthday Wilderness Dad!

Hope you're enjoying your day in a most special way!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #3233
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

JT - read through the thread and see you've had a difficult week. Know that there are those that care about you and for you. We're here for you - so vent away. I hope this week will be better for you.

blossom - Good luck on the race! Let us know how you do. Just to participate would be exciting!

WELCOME rusafee1183! Always a pleasure to welcome a new Groupie to our little corner of the Dis! So nice to have you join us!

Can't help you Ink about Vonage. Know absolutely nothing about the company. Hope Dynaguy finds some good and useful information for you.

And keliblue so nice to see you again! Your trips sound fabulous. Mums the word about your 'secret' trip. Give our greetings to Mark.

Aulani is a mere 12 days away. While I'm overwhelmed that we'll be going, just a little apprehensive about the construction going on. DDad brought the suitcases out today.....
Old 02-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #3234
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
This is beautiful. My DH and myself came to WDW for our honeymoon, and we have been back every year since. I can't help but feel like that is why it holds such a special place in our hearts. It was where we came when we were the happiest we have ever been. And those feelings come back every time still.

Congratulations on your wedding in July! When we were just at the Lodge a few weeks ago we saw wedding photos being done in front of the waterfall, and I almost couldn't get a "Congratulations" out to the couple, because I was so teary. It was just so beautiful.
Thanks! We'll actually get married at the Lodge (4th floor outdoor terrace), then we'll honeymoon on the Dream (our second cruise on that ship). No doubt, we'll have pics taken in front of the waterfall, as well as many other areas around the Lodge and at other resorts.

Sorry to hear about the points, but they'll come. As for the cruise to Alaska, I lived there for four years (Anchorage area) and loved it. Though I hated to leave, there's no way I could afford to go back and live there now. Have a great cruise!

Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #3235
Granny

Is a REAL man!

well, Groupies, I'm switching jobs and in between the jobs DW & I are sneaking in a quick trip to WDW. We're staying at AKV-Jambo (Standard View)...a first for us as we have only stayed at AKV-Kidani before. Looking forward to it, and to some down time. Jimmy....thanks for posting my upcoming trip on page 1.

Inkmahm...let us know how that Vonage thing works out. We were thinking of doing away with our land line telephone since we mostly get solicitation calls on it these days. But I don't think I'm ready to go 100% cellular so any way to cut down costs is welcome.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 02-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #3236
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
well, Groupies, I'm switching jobs and in between the jobs DW & I are sneaking in a quick trip to WDW. We're staying at AKV-Jambo (Standard View)...a first for us as we have only stayed at AKV-Kidani before. Looking forward to it, and to some down time. Jimmy....thanks for posting my upcoming trip on page 1.

Inkmahm...let us know how that Vonage thing works out. We were thinking of doing away with our land line telephone since we mostly get solicitation calls on it these days. But I don't think I'm ready to go 100% cellular so any way to cut down costs is welcome.
I'm so happy you are squeezing in a trip before your new job. Best wishes!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #3237
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I'm so happy you are squeezing in a trip before your new job. Best wishes!
Thanks, Barb. We are looking forward to it, and we have an annual pass burning a hole in our pocket!

We'll be sure to drop by WL at least once or twice as we typically have a lunch at Roaring Fork. I'm assuming that March 2-7 is spring break season since the only rooms available were SSR and AKV. We are used to going to WDW during crowded times so we know how to enjoy it without a lot of park time.

And continued prayers for all Groupies, their loved ones and anyone who is needing our prayers that we might not be aware of. You are such a kind and supportive bunch!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #3238
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #3239
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Thanks, Barb. We are looking forward to it, and we have an annual pass burning a hole in our pocket!

We'll be sure to drop by WL at least once or twice as we typically have a lunch at Roaring Fork. I'm assuming that March 2-7 is spring break season since the only rooms available were SSR and AKV. We are used to going to WDW during crowded times so we know how to enjoy it without a lot of park time.

And continued prayers for all Groupies, their loved ones and anyone who is needing our prayers that we might not be aware of. You are such a kind and supportive bunch!
Hey Granny
We have been to WDW a few times in March, 1st week is not too bad for crowds.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #3240
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

It's Wilderness Dad's birthday! Time to celebrate! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

12/1971, 6/95, 2/05, 12/05 & 06 CR, 6/00, 8/02 WL, 07/03, 2/11 BCV 7/04, 2/11 VB, 7/04, 7/05, 6/06, 7/07, 2/11 VWL, 7/07, 04/08, 2/11 AKV, 06/08 VWL and AKV, 12/08, 6/11, 6/12 Poly, 6/09 Kidani Wonder 6/09, 6/10, BLT 6/10, 3/13, Dream 2/11,9/12, 1/13,3/13 SSR 8/11, OKW 4/12 THV 2/13, 9/13.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: