DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #3211
Granny

Is a REAL man!

And....

Happy Birthday WildernessDad!!!

Yahoo!!!!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 02-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #3212
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Happy Birthday DLI!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
I almost missed this:

Happy Birthday DLI!!

I hope you've enjoyed a most serendipitous day!
Thanks!!!!

And...

Happy Birthday WildernessDad!!!
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #3213
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DLI !!!
I am so sorry I am late....work and school is devouring my soul I think !!! Jimmytammy.....completely understand....vent any time !!! I have a feeling many of us feel very similar.

Hope you had a GREAT day DLI !

Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #3214
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Folks
You are the best! Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words.
I think I am in a transitioning point in my career/our business that some tough choices need to be made, and if we head it in the wrong direction, it could begin the ending of it, and thats not my intent. Placing all your eggs in one basket is not smart, but in this case, I need too for some sanity/less stress. God has seen us this far, I know He wont let me down and will guide me in the way we need to go. He has provided the work behind us, my hope is He continues to provide the same in front of us.

Its just been a tough week, I know there will be more, but I so appreciate you folks allowing me a place to share my thoughts and you continue to support and lend an ear, sharing of yourselves. Its good to know there are others out there going through/gone through similar things that can relate. Its not good to go through life without sharing ups and downs. I like ups, downs, not so much

103 days til our next WDW trip!! Now thats something to cheer about
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #3215
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Jimmy/Tammy -- I think the fact that you are able to articulate the stress is a great thing. That in itself will help you keep your sanity! That -- and Disney!

124 days till our trip!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #3216
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Sharing the fun plan

OK -- I have decided I am going to do it!!!!!

Our original plan had us leaving home early on Saturday -- driving the 7 1/2 hrs. to Florida and arriving around 3 for check in at VWL.
We would have the evening to chill, but it wouldn't be that productive, since we'd be pooped from the day of driving and would need to get to bed early for a big day at Epcot on Sunday.

NEW SURPRISE PLAN!

My husband knows we will now be leaving early on Friday morning, but he doesn't know why or where we will go.

A few days before, we'll spring it on the kids that we get to leave a day sooner! That will be exciting. I will tease them unmercifully about the mystery destination!

In the car on Friday, I'll give out little paper clues -- "let's start our vacation off with a BANG!" "A short walk this evening would be MAGICAL." Stuff like that.

We will check into the Contemporary for that evening only! We will bring in just an overnight bag and maybe swimsuits. We can rest up and relax a while, then will just WALK RIGHT OVER to the Magic Kingdom for a few rides, the parade, and fireworks. The crowd calendar says the park will be a 5, so this should be a perfect time. We can walk back after.

The next day, we can go over to the Lodge as soon as we want, and will have the WHOLE DAY to get to know our wonderful home for the next week.

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this! It's the icing on the cake!

The addition of the extra night will also take some of the planning pressure off for the next week. If we've already seen the fireworks from within the park, we can free up another night to have a more relaxed and less crowded time. OR if we did want to still be in the crowd at night, we could ride rides when everyone else is at the parade.

I cannot wait!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #3217
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

20 days until my first race event at WDW! I know it's only the 5K..but this is huge for me! Looking forward to wearing my Tinkerbell skirt and wings!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #3218
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great plan bagsmom---I would be excited too !!!!!

YOU GO BLOSSOMZ !!! I would love to do the 5K there one day !!!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #3219
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
20 days until my first race event at WDW! I know it's only the 5K..but this is huge for me! Looking forward to wearing my Tinkerbell skirt and wings!
Wow -- running at WDW in a Tinkerbell costume -- you know, that might be wonderful enough to make all the sweating and huffing and puffing worth it!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #3220
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I just noticed that the Tag Fairy has changed my tag.

He/she took away my 'semi-pixiedustless' and replaced it with 'I usually feel like I stepped in it'.

I didn't know they changed these .

Oh well, new year, new tag!
You should feel honored to have a tag. I guess it shows that someone is reading your posts!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #3221
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
In the meantime, grab yourself a rocking chair and sit with us and dream about our 'happy place'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post

And a big, hearty welcome to rusafee1183, as well! Pull up a rocker, grab a drink, and sit a spell. All it took for most of us was one trip to VWL to know it was home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Welcome to the groupies rusafee1183!!!!

Glad you found us and discovered what we know to be the best resort at WDW(Shhh, its our little secret)
Thanks for the WELCOME'S everyone! Seems that the Lodge's warm feeling extends to it's owners and lovers also.

Sadly, our tax return is much smaller than expected this year so the point search is on hold for a while longer. We have a cruise to Alaska in May, and I was hoping to make it work for the cruise and the points, but it looks like I will just be pulling up a rocker and dreaming for a while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Come to think of it, how did folks on here come to make VWL their home? Perhaps you've all mentioned your experience before, so I apologize if this has been asked before. I'll start off to help things along.

Several years ago I went to visit my oldest daughter in Melbourne, FL. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach there, and it wasn't in the best of shape. The room was in serious need of a renovation: the carpet was dirty and full of sand at the doorway; the "suite" was comprised of a small fridge and microwave behind a tacky little bar and a ratty pull-out couch to go with the small bedroom. The air-conditioning wasn't working well (it was mid-summer), and whatever they had used to clean the room was very pungent. Two nights there was torture, and I was so ready to leave for my first trip to WDW. I had secured a 1BR suite in the Villas (I was married and my youngest daughter was five), and the afternoon we arrived it was hot. We were awed by the main lobby, then when we went over to the Villas and entered our room, it was love at first sight.

The room was clean. It was cool. It was gorgeous. It was quiet. Manna, I'm telling you. It was the best advertisement for DVC possible. Though I bought SSR later, VWL was where we always stayed. Fast forward a few year, and the opportunity to purchase VWL arose, so I jumped at it. Now, I can't wait for luv and I to spend time there every year. Absolutely love it there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I like this game!

Our 2nd trip (ever) to the World and our first full day was at Animal Kingdom, but I had booked the Dessert Party for that evening. My plan was to go back to our room (AKL) and relax and freshen up before heading to MK for Wishes. We were leaving AK and saw a bus sitting there that said AKL on the bus....not looking at the stop it was sitting in (NEWBIES, right?).

We were so excited to get the bus that quickly. Next thing I know, the bus is driving for way too long, so we figured out we were going somewhere else. That somewhere else was the Lodge and we fell in love. We walked around the lobby, then decided to go take take the boat to MK for our reservations.

I bought my add-on a few months later.
Loving reading everyones stories about everyone's first times!

And I love that someone said that they are "squatters" There are so many resorts I love, I guess I am a full time squatter myself.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #3222
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Disney Loving Iowan: Yes, I am a life-long Rangers fan. Grew up in NY and have never even been tempted to change my hockey allegiance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
So just who is your team? I would guess the Pens or Rangers. Don't worry I'm not one to hate on someone for who they like.
So, does this mean I am still allowed to stick around too because I am a die hard Pens fan??

(Who also doesn't hate anyone.... well, except maybe the Flyers - just a little bit )

Old 02-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #3223
Inkmahm
Disney nut

I haven't been around for awhile again but I'm back! Reading about all the stress for the employed people makes me happy that I'm still unemployed. But I know that isn't the right attitude to have and that I need to go back to looking for a job soon.

My knee is healing and I'm looking forward to WDW in March to see how much improved I am over our December trip. I'm hoping to be able to walk at least some of the time rather than having a scooter every day. I know it will be just 3 months after my last surgery so I'm trying not to expect the world.

As for our DVC ownership of VWL, I fell in love with the lodge back in 2001 when I stayed there for the first time with my parents and my niece. I took my parents back again in 2002 with my sister and another niece. At the time, I had friends trying to convince me that DVC was for me but I wanted to hear nothing about owning a timeshare so I didn't listen. It was a couple years later when I married and then stayed at the VWL with Dynaguy after buying points at BWV. We added on points at VWL immediately. Both of us loved the lodge as well as Animal Kingdom. As soon as AKV was announced, we got ready to buy points there, too!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #3224
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25
Come to think of it, how did folks on here come to make VWL their home? Perhaps you've all mentioned your experience before, so I apologize if this has been asked before.
Great question, and I've enjoyed reading everyone's stories. Especially Eliza's, I must confess, because it was that post she quoted that introduced her to us Groupies. I remember it so well,and yes it had to be 6 or 7 years ago by now. Wow.

My story is a little involved so I'll give the short version. My family and I were making our first visit to WDW in 1998 and ended up at Wilderness Lodge almost by accident. We fell in love with it and came back in 2000 again. Like others, I wanted no part of a timeshare, but when Disney started building VWL we knew it was the place for us to buy. And the rest is history.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 02-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #3225
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Off topic- I was watching a Vonage commercial tonight and finally looked it up online. It seems that we could save a about $28 per month on our phone bill if we switched to vonage and we could keep our old home phone number (important to me.)

Is anyone here a vonage customer? I see there is a referral bonus of 2 months of servcie to you for referring me and one month of service to me for signing up. Any takers? I have Dynaguy checking my research now to make sure it really does make sense for us to switch.

EDIT: I found someone who uses Vonage and will refer me. Thanks, everyone!

Last edited by Inkmahm; 02-02-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: