DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #3196
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

OMG groupies..I've missed you! Time just has been at a premium! I started my own private tutoring for students with special needs and wow...I can't believe how busy I am!

I also was on the DVC member cruise and had a fantastic time! lol

Now I'm getting ready to go down and do the Princess 5K! My first attempt at anything like running!

So now I need to catch up with all of you! I've missed a LOT! Will try to check in more frequently!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #3197
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
OMG groupies..I've missed you! Time just has been at a premium! I started my own private tutoring for students with special needs and wow...I can't believe how busy I am!

I also was on the DVC member cruise and had a fantastic time! lol

Now I'm getting ready to go down and do the Princess 5K! My first attempt at anything like running!

So now I need to catch up with all of you! I've missed a LOT! Will try to check in more frequently!
Glad to see you back and glad you had a good time on the cruise.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 03:03 AM   #3198
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Hey Folks
As you can see, Im up early(been awake since 1:30), usually dont get up til 5:30, but we have a long distance job to go to today, so for whatever reason, my body decided it didnt need more than 3 hrs.(but my mind is screaming go back to sleep you crazy man)

I am so missing and wishing I was at WDW and VWL right now, in my happy place. As blossomz says and I so understand, time is premium these days. The business I own with my dad has been really good the past year, wide open to say the least, but my health to a certain degree has suffered because of it, based on stress. I remember how things used to be in the business, we worked at night to keep paperwork up, but we had a life. Now, its a wide open every minute of the day with no break kind of business, so more than ever, I need those WDW vacations, not so much to be in the parks(dont get me wrong, still love it)but the peace and relaxation of being at a resort like VWL or OKW affords me a true vacation to unwind and let the stress go by.

Dont get me wrong, I love my work, love working with my dad(who is 81 BTW, and still very spry)and my DS, who will soon be done with school and coming on strong(hopefully to take on some of the workload on his young shoulders)along with others who have been here for awhile(one fellow has been here 49 yrs with my dad). I realize so many are still searching for work and I dont mean to come across as unappreciative, because,to me, it sounds that way.

I guess my point is as I sit here and reflect, God knew what He was doing as He allowed us the ability to buy into DVC, at least thats the way I view it. He knows our future, so I lean on Him, He knew where I would be in my life 10 yrs. after buying. If you would have asked me 10 yrs ago if I would be stressed, too busy to play golf, etc., or spend more time with friends and family, I would have said no way! Part of this is coming from a conversation I had with my cousin last night who is in a retirement community, alone. He so needs companionship, begs for it, and yet I have no time to give him, and so wish I did. It would be simple to say I will just not be so busy, but thats easier said than done. I have so many workers, including subs who look to me and my dad, depend on us to carry on. So we do.

Sorry for the odd post, just needing to vent a little.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #3199
blossomz

JT..couldn't have said it better myself! I too am so grateful to have my DVC and to be able to take a break from everything when I so need it! I know for a fact..if I didn't have DVC vacations wouldn't occur as frequently or at a value!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #3200
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

JT -- so funny you should vent this. My DH is stressed and frustrated at his work right now, although grateful to be employed, of course. He said "it is such a pain to be working for someone else and making them rich off of my hard work."

I told him yes, but it would be even MORE stressful working for yourself, since every little headache is yours -- it can't be passed up the ladder to the boss.

I get where he is coming from, but reading your post validates my thinking.

Everything is on your shoulders.

I'm so glad you have a home away from home to dream about during your busy times! And remember, you MUST take care of yourself. Getting away from it all should be as important as a doctor visit (and may be even more beneficial!)

I believe that even if you can't get away often, at least having something planned lets you know that there is a break coming up. That gives a person a happy thought to hold onto!

Sending you hugs and happy thoughts of WDW!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #3201
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

A new plan -- crazy!

OK groupies. I am just getting crazy now. As you know, I'm planning a vacation for June -- check in Sat and checkout the next Sat.

DH wants lots of relaxation and I want to do lots of stuff!

There were a few things I wanted to fit into the week and it wasn't working as smoothly as I would have liked.

I have a wacky idea! One of the things I really wanted to do was see the EL parade.

What if instead of arriving on Saturday, we arrive on Friday and stay one night at the Contemporary?!?! We could just bring in toothbrushes and clothes for overnight -- we could rest up after our drive and eat an early dinner, then WALK over to the MK for a couple of rides and the parade. I'm ordering our tickets from Undercover Tourist. Often there is no price difference for an extra ticket -- so I wouldn't feel bad using it on a half day.

Don't you think that would be cool? We could sleep in the next day, play around a little, then head over to the VWL! That would be Saturday. We could enjoy VWL that entire day, go to bed at a decent time, and be ready to hit Epcot on Sunday morning.

I'm sure it would set me back $300 or more, but it might be worth it! It would be so fun to surprise the kids by leaving a day earlier than expected. I also thing there are some 20 to 30% discounts on rooms right now. I called to inquire, but the lady said the systems were being "magically enhanced!" Too funny!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #3202
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Hugs to all my groupies !! stopping by to say hello .. Just booked a trip for October (so far away ) with a Bahama cruise at the end . I don't know if I can wait 9 months so I also booked a trip for May shhhhhhhh.. hubby doesn't know yet...Heheheheee

miss you all

keliblue

Last edited by keliblue; 01-31-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #3203
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
Hugs to all my groupies !! stopping by to say hello .. Just booked a trip for October (so far away ) with a Bahama cruise at the end . I don't know if I can wait 9 months so I also booked a trip for May shhhhhhhh.. hubby doesn't know yet...Heheheheee

miss you all

keliblue
You sound like you operate the way I do!!!!!! Have fun planning!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #3204
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

bagsmom and blossomz
Thanks for the kind words, I was in a really dark spot yesterday, and just needed to vent. Lack of sleep can do some crazy things to your mind.

keliblue
Planning another trip is cool, esp. a secret one

bagsmom
Any extra time in WDW is a plus in my book, doesnt sound too off from what we do either.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #3205
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
bagsmom and blossomz
Thanks for the kind words, I was in a really dark spot yesterday, and just needed to vent. Lack of sleep can do some crazy things to your mind.

keliblue
Planning another trip is cool, esp. a secret one

bagsmom
Any extra time in WDW is a plus in my book, doesnt sound too off from what we do either.
Good morning Jimmy

I hope you had a good night last night. Rest and peace. You're a good man and a good friend.
You'll let us know if being the keeper of the thread is a job you're ready to give up, right?
I hope things will brighten up for you. Work will not be a burden. Jobs will be simpler than imagined.
And sleep is deep and rejuvenating.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #3206
blossomz

Morning! JT..hope today is a better day! Groupies are just a post away!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #3207
twokats
DIS Veteran

JT you just vent all you want because you know I will before tax season is over. We are sitting here in the Galveston cruise terminal waiting to board the Disney Magic for a quick weekend cruise and then when I get back all you know what will happen. I had three clients call while we were driving down yesterday.
I hope all groupies are doing well.

And a very early happy birthday to WildernessDad since I will be out of Internet range on the 4th. I hope it is a great day for you.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #3208
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
JT you just vent all you want because you know I will before tax season is over. We are sitting here in the Galveston cruise terminal waiting to board the Disney Magic for a quick weekend cruise and then when I get back all you know what will happen. I had three clients call while we were driving down yesterday.
I hope all groupies are doing well.

And a very early happy birthday to WildernessDad since I will be out of Internet range on the 4th. I hope it is a great day for you.
Have a great cruise!

And Happy Birthday WildernessDad!!!

Where shall we eat???

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #3209
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
I guess my point is as I sit here and reflect, God knew what He was doing as He allowed us the ability to buy into DVC, at least thats the way I view it. He knows our future, so I lean on Him, He knew where I would be in my life 10 yrs. after buying. If you would have asked me 10 yrs ago if I would be stressed, too busy to play golf, etc., or spend more time with friends and family, I would have said no way!
Jimmy...I understand completely and agree. Work environments in general seem to be substantially more stressful across the board than they were 20 or so years ago. I also agree with you 100% about utilizing DVC as an escape from the daily stress and am hoping to use it more than ever going forward for some trips for DW and I, even as we pull back on our park time.

As for stress at work? I always loved a sign my old boss used to have on his wall...

The floggings will continue until morale improves!

It has always stuck with me when I see how workplaces have changed over the years.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #3210
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
As for stress at work? I always loved a sign my old boss used to have on his wall...

The floggings will continue until morale improves!

It has always stuck with me when I see how workplaces have changed over the years.

This is so my company right now. Let's just say not a good time to work for a government contractor!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: