DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #3181
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

Hi groupies!

I'm doing this on phone, so I apologizes if there was search way to find this.

Does anyone have a list I recommended rooms for 1 BR at VWL? Rooms to try to avoid.

Will be reading your thread over next few weeks, but I got my teddies & I'd love suggestions on what to request.

So excited to be staying at VWL in a 1 BR!

WL is my 1st love & we bought in b4 they built VWL. Been listening to music from WL getting in the mood

Thanks groupies! I really appreciate it.
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #3182
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

Ok remind me not to post using phone again. Too many typos. I got my reservations not teddies! Yikes! Face palm! Sorry!
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 AM   #3183
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Wow -- it's so much fun reading all your stories! Keep em coming!

Hello to the new people popping on! DVC Mary, we are staying in a studio at VWL -- first timers -- this summer.

We're not DVCers, just renting points.

Here's a question for you guys... if you know. Will I, as a DVC guest, be eligible for the extra magic hours and such? I sort of assumed so. But I was trying to use the Disney planning site and it won't recognize my reservation, since DVC is a separate business entity. That made me a little nervous. (The res. is secure in the DVC site, believe me, I checked!)

Have a great day, everyone! We are expecting big rain as we go from 70 degrees, down to 36! CRAZY!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #3184
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Wow -- it's so much fun reading all your stories! Keep em coming!

Hello to the new people popping on! DVC Mary, we are staying in a studio at VWL -- first timers -- this summer.

We're not DVCers, just renting points.

Here's a question for you guys... if you know. Will I, as a DVC guest, be eligible for the extra magic hours and such? I sort of assumed so. But I was trying to use the Disney planning site and it won't recognize my reservation, since DVC is a separate business entity. That made me a little nervous. (The res. is secure in the DVC site, believe me, I checked!)

Have a great day, everyone! We are expecting big rain as we go from 70 degrees, down to 36! CRAZY!
All guests staying in a Disney resort can take advantage of EMH, so no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mary
Hi groupies!

I'm doing this on phone, so I apologizes if there was search way to find this.

Does anyone have a list I recommended rooms for 1 BR at VWL? Rooms to try to avoid.

Will be reading your thread over next few weeks, but I got my teddies & I'd love suggestions on what to request.

So excited to be staying at VWL in a 1 BR!

WL is my 1st love & we bought in b4 they built VWL. Been listening to music from WL getting in the mood

Thanks groupies! I really appreciate it.
All the views at VWL are roughly the same: trees, perhaps a glimpse of the lake or pool, and more trees. That being said, there are very few rooms which I would categorize as poor locations. That being said, we usually request a room with a pool view on floors 2 through 4. The only rooms to avoid are those at the very end with a view of the dumpster area, although I've had one of those rooms before, and it wasn't bad at all, just the view was a bit marred when we looked that direction. So, we didn't. lol Enjoy VWL!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #3185
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome to the groupies DVC Mary!!!!

1 beds at VWL that we have stayed in have pretty much the same layout. I would ask for a high floor, 4th or 5th. This affords you a better view on the lakeside. Most views are of trees. I would ask for high floor and go with that.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #3186
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

bagsmom
You will be a WDW guest so you will be able to use extra magic hours. Biggest 2 differences to me of being in a a DVC resort vs. a reg. resort room, daily maid service(which we love not having, no disturbances)and bigger rooms
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #3187
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Come to think of it, how did folks on here come to make VWL their home? Perhaps you've all mentioned your experience before, so I apologize if this has been asked before. I'll start off to help things along.
!
So, I'm more of a "squatter" at VWL LOL. My home resort is BCV's and we did not stay at the vwl until a few years later. We were definitely hooked at first stay though.

These were my very first thoughts when I did a live "report"

So we arrived at the WL yesterday around 12:00 pm. Now my home resort is the BCV's which we love so I was little nervous about venturing to a new resort . This is our first time ever at the lodge and my first reaction was, "Where have you been all my life, you big handsome man". While I love the soft, soothing colors of the beach club and its understated charm. The wilderness lodge is themeing at it's best. this is big, bold, if you can't run with the big dogs-stay the heck on the porch, jaw dropping details. I think we may have found a new favorite

I think this may have been what 6 years ago guys? and I can honestly say the emotions the lodge evokes when we arrived have not dulled one bit since
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #3188
sleepydog25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
So, I'm more of a "squatter" at VWL LOL. My home resort is BCV's and we did not stay at the vwl until a few years later. We were definitely hooked at first stay though.

These were my very first thoughts when I did a live "report"

So we arrived at the WL yesterday around 12:00 pm. Now my home resort is the BCV's which we love so I was little nervous about venturing to a new resort . This is our first time ever at the lodge and my first reaction was, "Where have you been all my life, you big handsome man". While I love the soft, soothing colors of the beach club and its understated charm. The wilderness lodge is themeing at it's best. this is big, bold, if you can't run with the big dogs-stay the heck on the porch, jaw dropping details. I think we may have found a new favorite

I think this may have been what 6 years ago guys? and I can honestly say the emotions the lodge evokes when we arrived have not dulled one bit since
Love this, and my thoughts exactly!

Luv said I forgot part of the story (though it's more of an epilogue, actually), so here goes. For Luv's first trip with me to WDW we stayed at VWL, and she was smitten. . .with me AND the Lodge . The intimacy of the WL, in general, and the Villas, in particular, was especially romantic. Further, though she is a Disney veteran with numerous trips over 20+ years, she had never stayed in a DVC suite. She loved it! Shortly after that trip, we began to look into VWL contracts and bought one a couple of years ago in late April. We wanted to do a Christmas holiday trip (I'd never been at Christmas), and though we had to go on a waitlist, it came through for us less than four months out. Serendipitous, indeed.

So, VWL possesses emotional heft to us that other resorts don't. It's part of the fabric of our relationship, so much so that we'll tie the knot there in July. And that, as Paul Harvey would say, is the rest of the story.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #3189
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

3 more sleeps!!

I'm like Eliza, a squatter at VWL. I fell in love with the lodge while staying there on two separate trips before I owned DVC.

Our home is SSR. After visiting WDW several years in a row, I decided to take the DVC tour while on vacation with some friends. We toured the SSR rooms. I believe SSR was the one they were pushing at that time. I ended up buying 100 points on the resale market a few months later in 2007. Then about a year later, buying another 60 direct from Disney. I'm not one of those SSR owners that doesn't like it. I really enjoy the resort. Stayed there the first 2 times I used my DVC. But I do like to try out all the resorts.

We're staying at OKW for the first time this week. I've tried BWV, Kidani, and SSR. Hoping to try out BCV and BLT in the future.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #3190
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

anybody else's moose mascot not showing up?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #3191
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Sleepy, I think when I read what you wrote, it was similar to our experience.

Simple story: Stayed at WL a few times. Loved the place. But why? Well, Mr Muush and I are and were (even more so) very different people. I'm from the north, he's from the south. I like rock (classic of course) he likes country. I like my green leafy vegetables and Chinese food. Well, he doesn't. Tons of things that we didn't agree on from furniture to the way you pronounce the word PEN. (he says PIN, don't ask me to explain).

So when we walked into WL, both of our jaws hit the floor at the same time. Finally we can agree on something, with passion!

(Plus we lived in S FL at the time, so tired of the OKW look).

So, as the years have passed, we both have changed.

I can appreciate several country singers and Chuck will play Guitar Hero with me.

He now eats a salad about 5 days a week and I love NC barbeque.

He convinced me that thick crust pizza is yuck, the thinner the better. Sure enough, he was right!

But through all of our changes in both taste and attitude, our love of our beloved remains steadfast.

(Disclaimer. Our love for Disney World has definitely changed, but not our Lodge).

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #3192
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
There's a moose on the loose.... if found call Eliza!
I'm sure he'll turn up for dinner. You know boys.

Hmm... my giraffe is gone too. Need to do some tracking here...
ETA - my moose is hosted over on photobucket so he's OK, but the giraffe who's MIA was hosted here on the DIS. It looks like someone moved or renamed the photo directory hosting the groupie icons. Time for me to move all of my icons, including the giraffe to photobucket to be with with my moose.

ETA to the ETA - caught a new giraffe, and he brought home a zebra buddy feel free to copy the image location of my moose - I have no intention of deleting or moving him.

Last edited by twinklebug; 02-03-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #3193
Muushka

Quote:
I can see it E.

Loved reading your first visit to WL again. Never gets old..

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 01-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #3194
sleepydog25

Quote:
Odd, I can't see your moose nor my own, yet I see it on a couple of other posters. Hmmm. . .

And, keep the stories coming! Love to hear how everyone got there start at VWL. Cute story, Muushka. For the record, however, it IS "pen," and I'm from the south.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #3195
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Odd, I can't see your moose nor my own, yet I see it on a couple of other posters. Hmmm. . .

And, keep the stories coming! Love to hear how everyone got there start at VWL. Cute story, Muushka. For the record, however, it IS "pen," and I'm from the south.
I can see mooses everywhere. 7th sense????

Oh yeah, try telling Mr Muush that he is not pronouncing it correctly (drives me nuts, I work with ESL students!).

~Remember 9/11/2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: