DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #3121
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Hey gang -- what is a "bad post count?"
Some might consider my DOB bad as it has a few of those old 6's in it but I kind of like it when it pops up somewhere. Especially if it involves presents!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post

The other is OT, but wondering if anyone has eaten dinner at Be Our Guest and has opinions about it. My ADR date is rapidly approaching and I have got to get serious now!
I don't know about BOG yet but will find out more in approx 12 days!

Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #3122
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWOKATS !!!

Quote:
Twokats,

Maria "gave" you some mugs. I'll give you some freshly brewed Starbuck's cybercoffee to put in them. And would you like some flavored creamer? I suggest the Heath Toffee flavor. Mmmmmm.

Enjoy your birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
We got a twofer today folks!!

Happy Birthday twokats and Claire_ont!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Happy Birthday twokats

Happy Birthday Claire

Where's lunch???

Have a great day!

PS Di, congrats on the baby pineapple!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Two birthdays?

Happy Birthday twokats!

Happy Birthday Claire_ont!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Happy birthday Twokats and Claire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Belated birthday wishes to TwoKats and Claire_ont! I hope you enjoyed your special day celebrating with family and friends!
Happy Birthday!
Thank you all so much. It was a good day.

Muushka, I was thinking about 50's Prime Time Cafe all day, but I settled for a place in town called Jungle Burger.

The highlight of the day was a phone call and my son, dil and the grandkids sang happy birthday to me!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #3123
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You know, I'm a "newbie" on here, so I certainly don't feel like I've earned the right to say "Welcome!" to anyone.

But I feel ok about saying HELLO!

I feel like this cyber-place is like a happy little hang-out where we like-minded Disney goobers can be ourselves without being judged!

I've started making a bunch of different lists and putting them in a folder. I sat my husband down the other night. Said I wanted to discuss something with him. When I whipped out my tentative spreadsheet showing our week at Disney in June, he looked at me like I'd grown another head!

At least you folks who are married to other Disney-philes know that your spouses understand you.

If I disappear from the board, you'll know that my DH has had me committed due to excessive Disney Joy!

I just enjoy coming on here and hearing from everyone!
I am in the process of catching up on this thread and just had to comment on this. It really takes me back to my early days of obsessive planning and excess Disney joy! My DH's role in those days was driver, packer of car, and keeper of maps. Fast forward to the present and he is on My Disney Experience asking me what the People Mover is called now so he can look at it on his iPad. We have gone through years of friends and family asking why we keep going back and now they just don't ask anymore. It is really nice to have an online community who understands and doesn't judge-especially when it comes to obsessive planning and excessive Disney joy!! (tears when I finally saw the Christmas tree in the WL lobby and every time I see the castle at night)
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #3124
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Here's a question. In the music from BATB, they sing "it's been ten years that we've been rusting..." and the Beast is nearing his 21st birthday. How come the painting of him shows a mature man instead of a ten year old boy???
My daughter just asked me this same question the other day!! My only guess is that he was very tall for his age and maybe matured early? poetic (lyrics) license I guess. It's very odd that my DD asked this same question around the same time. (lurking perhaps?)
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #3125
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The other is OT, but wondering if anyone has eaten dinner at Be Our Guest and has opinions about it. My ADR date is rapidly approaching and I have got to get serious now!
We've eaten there for dinner and were in the main dining room. We enjoyed our meal and will be coming back next May. I enjoyed the Belgian beer as well.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #3126
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Disney Loving Iowan: Yes, I am a life-long Rangers fan. Grew up in NY and have never even been tempted to change my hockey allegiance. Baseball is a little different. Still love the Yankees, but have become an avid Nationals fan-think it's because I have been to so many of their games and am so happy to have baseball in the DC area!
Inkmaham: (hope I spelled that right) I have been in rehab for almost a year now from a back problem. I would keep doing PT as long as your insurance company will cover it. It is painful, I know, but it is so important to keep moving all the parts you don't want to move because of pain! Good luck with the bike. I will be in the market for one soon. (must get rid of the treadmill first- turns out it has actually been bad for my back!!)
bagsmom: When my DD was little I "studied" the Unofficial Guide's fear factor ratings for kids and took notes and discussed each ride with her beforehand. She hated sudden loud noises, but rode the Humunga Kowabunga slide at 7! You know your child(ren) best! Keep in mind that they will also change over the years and may be all smiles on a ride that scared them silly at a younger age. The one thing that has stayed consistent with my now 26 year-old DD is hating anything in 3D! (and Indiana Jones for some reason)

Thanks KathyM for the advice to book BoG even if I am indecisive. Will get up at 6 am on my ADR day!

If anyone finds out if the refurb at VWL is going to be an ongoing one, not just those particular rooms, please let me know. I am just hoping that it isn't going on when we are there in early August. Not sure how I feel about those laminate floors either. Probably better for allergies, but worse for noise.

Thanks everyone for this wonderful place to hang out.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #3127
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
We've eaten there for dinner and were in the main dining room. We enjoyed our meal and will be coming back next May. I enjoyed the Belgian beer as well.
Thanks! We have a couple of beer-lovers in our group, so I am sure they will appreciate being able to enjoy beer in the MK.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #3128
eastatlantaguys
Earning My Ears

Happy Dance

We close next week on our first DVC purchase ever and we are so excited to have bought at VWL!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #3129
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastatlantaguys View Post
We close next week on our first DVC purchase ever and we are so excited to have bought at VWL!
Welcome Home eastatlantaguys

and

Welcome to the VWL Groupies thread/gang!

We hope you visit often. Pull up a rocking chair and stay a while!

Have you stayed at VWL before? Congrats again

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #3130
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Congrats and welcome! You'll love having the Lodge as your home.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #3131
twokats
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home eastatlantaguys

and

Welcome to the VWL Groupies thread!

Pull up that chair and grab a moose for your signature if you want him.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #3132
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hmmmmm -- you are in my state! It's nice to be close enough to drive to the best place in the world!!!! We aren't DVC owners.. we're just going to rent points for the first time this year. We are so excited!

Renovations.... well, I am a spaz, so I will try not to think about the potential disruption of magic (ha ha) -- but I imagine they'd do everything possible to avoid disturbing people, wouldn't they? And for the most part, everyone will be out and about, right? So I don't need to worry about this, right?

I've ordered a few more Disney books... so fun to read!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #3133
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
So exciting! Welcome Home and Welcome to our groupie thread. We may be somewhat biased here - but you'v bought into the best resort on property.

Page 1 of the thread lists travel dates, birthdays and cruise dates. If you'd like yours added, just let jimmytammy know your travel dates. Birthdays are kept current by 2Kats. Instructions for adding the moosie to your signature are also on page one.

Again, welcome!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #3134
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

bluecastle, a great big WELCOME to you, too!
We weren't able to get into BOG for our December trip for dinner but did enjoy a delicious lunch. If you're unsuccessful getting a dinner ressie don't despair and plan lunch instead.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #3135
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Disney Loving Iowan: Yes, I am a life-long Rangers fan. Grew up in NY and have never even been tempted to change my hockey allegiance. Baseball is a little different. Still love the Yankees, but have become an avid Nationals fan-think it's because I have been to so many of their games and am so happy to have baseball in the DC area!
Well we may have different favorite teams but I'm sure we can find some other teams that we have the same feelings about!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: