DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #3076
wfc4life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy

Thats the only thing about riding EE that I dont do well either. I love the ride, the theming, everything, but that backward twist gets my head swimmy.

Last time I rode, wfc4life and me rode it 4 times straight, literally walked on while the parade was happening. I adjusted in my seat, moving forward slightly. But I think I pulled a muscle in my back, which stayed with me for several weeks, so I will not do that next time.
You are a trooper. You were still having fun while experiencing discomfort on EE. This only happens at WDW. I felt good about riding EE five times in a row, but now have a new target to shoot for based on an earlier thread.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #3077
sechem32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfc4life

You are a trooper. You were still having fun while experiencing discomfort on EE. This only happens at WDW. I felt good about riding EE five times in a row, but now have a new target to shoot for based on an earlier thread.
I guess jimmytammy and I will have to take turns as you do five times in a row, because I've only been able to handle 2 in a row!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #3078
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Husband and wife tag team!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #3079
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post

Sleepy, I agree 100% with your ratings! Even the 'all of the rest' assessment!

Give me smooth, tall, fast and comfy secure seats and I am a happy camper.
Thanks, Muushka! Of course, these are my ratings predominantly based on thrills--there are emotional aspects of each ride to consider, as well. There's something comforting about settling down into the seat on POTC, and though it's been many years since I experienced it, I always was in awe when I rode Storybook Land in DL. . .as an adult.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #3080
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Inkmahm -- Gosh, being able to walk the parks must be really great motivation! PT is rough. I did a bunch for my shoulder this year. Great news about the bike! I have family near Milwaukee and they cycle a lot out in the rural areas surrounding. I walk a lot, but don't do much when it's cold and yucky. I have a treadmill, but hate it.

Hey, for our indoor training, maybe we could get a video of WDW and pretend that we are walking and biking through the park!

Good luck for your continued rehab. You can do it!
The bike arrived and I couldn't use it! Finally figured out that the bracket that the pedal is on is too long for both me and Dynaguy. I never even considered that the pedals should be adjustable in the size circle that you are pedaling. We went back to the bike store and found out a lot of people have the same problem so there is a part made on the secondary market to fix it. We just got that tonight so I can use the bike starting tomorrow. YaY!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #3081
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Sharon and Kat -- so you don't like SM because it's too rough?

Is it rougher than Big Thunder? I'm doing my little survey here so I can inform my family before we get on these things. Like I said, here at home, my son thinks he is going to be very brave, but that may change when we get there.
Yes,SM is much rougher than Big Thunder!!! Dynaguy and I don't ride SM at WDW either. Even worse is the SM version in France. It actually HURT my head. It pounded my head and I thought broke my earrings into my ears, it was so rough.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #3082
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Thanks, Muushka! Of course, these are my ratings predominantly based on thrills--there are emotional aspects of each ride to consider, as well. There's something comforting about settling down into the seat on POTC, and though it's been many years since I experienced it, I always was in awe when I rode Storybook Land in DL. . .as an adult.
I adore Storybook Land! Ride it every time there - as an adult. And you have to love a ride at Disney that you might end up dumped in the water as everyone loads and unloads.

Last year I discovered Casey Jr. There's not much that I don't think that I, as an adult, wouldn't ride but that was always one I passed over because it seemed to be for smaller children. Then I thought what the heck when there wasn't a line. Now you can't keep me away from it! I don't have any recollection of riding it as a kid although I can't imagine that we didn't but I love it now and it gives me a little better appreciation of Walt's enjoyment with trains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Yes,SM is much rougher than Big Thunder!!! Dynaguy and I don't ride SM at WDW either. Even worse is the SM version in France. It actually HURT my head. It pounded my head and I thought broke my earrings into my ears, it was so rough.
I also had the earrings pounded into my ears and one ripped off (not my ear but the earring came off!) on SM in France! I have a great dislike of any coaster that has the pull down collar and head support area that pins you in between it. I seem to be just the right height that my head bounces back and forth between it.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #3083
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post

I also had the earrings pounded into my ears and one ripped off (not my ear but the earring came off!) on SM in France! I have a great dislike of any coaster that has the pull down collar and head support area that pins you in between it. I seem to be just the right height that my head bounces back and forth between it.
The French version of SM was WAY different than I expected it to be. I rode it once and said "never again." It gave me a headache. I tried to keep my head from flopping back and forth but I couldn't.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #3084
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfc4life View Post
I was so glad to see Liz come along for your 5th ride I cant back out from a challenge though, so I am up for the 5 ride and more
Next time, I will sit back and behave myself, the head spin goes away a lot quicker than the hurt back.
T is asking why I have a smile on my face and I am describing your words, reminiscing about the 4 tripper, and looking forward to the next go round!
I needed a smile as work has been rough the last 2 weeks. So thanks for the smile William
Now get us to that Coaster!!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #3085
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechem32 View Post
I guess jimmytammy and I will have to take turns as you do five times in a row, because I've only been able to handle 2 in a row!
We can help Will get his challenge on, you go the 1st two times and I will go for a personal best 5 times. That Yeti is gonna get tired of seeing us whirling by
BTW, I have to ride with you sometime so I can hear you sing. I usually screaming my lungs out while T is laughing. Ive never understood laughing while on EE or any scary ride. She laughs on ToT, SM and RnRc too I get a kick out of it hearing her
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #3086
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I finally pinned Mr Muush down for vacation in Dec. I'm calling tomorrow (hope it's not too late) to book
Sun Dec 1 thru Fri Dec 6. Looking forward!
Woohoo!! I will let you know if I'm going then as well. I will try to work it out.

Quote:
I'm an avid coaster fan, having ridden coasters around the U.S. and other attractions such as the 162-ft drop via bungee cord at Carowinds. Here's how I rate the rides at WDW:
#1: RnRC - fastest, most thrilling of all the coasters. 0-60 in under 4 seconds then it goes right into two separate 360-degree loops. My fave.
#2: EE - tough call between this and ToT, but it gets the nod due to the backward plummet. I don't find it particularly scary in any respect, but the Yeti near the end (even if you can't see it, there is virtual darkness for a couple of seconds and the loud roar of the Yeti which you can't miss) might upset those who felt A Bug's Life was too scary.
#3: ToT - love the unknown aspect since each ride is a little different. The queue might be unsettling to little kids, and the Twilight Zone music in the near dark on the trip down to the chute still makes me tingle (I watched TZ as a kid), but the ride itself is a hoot and since nothing jumps out at you makes it less threatening.
#4: Test Track - though a very non-scary ride and mostly a benevolent one, I love the acceleration around the track after you get outside. Nothing like doing 60 mph with the wind blowing through your hair!
#5: All the rest: None of the others stand out much to me as being terribly scary or particularly thrilling. Space Mtn is far bumpier to me than TMR, and the seating on the former hurts my back. Splash Mtn is pretty cool, only the seats and cushions have a very sour, sweaty smell to them from years of dampness. I tend to avoid that ride anymore. Smaller kids would enjoy the new Ariel ride in New Fantasyland. Star Tours is a real hoot with the new 3D addition and not scary at all, just bumpy. Finally, in one cautionary tale, I wouldn't recommend the Dinosaur ride in AK as the animatronic dinos in that one tend to scare people as a couple of them come right at you. My 12-yr old daughter had the bejeebers scared out of her a few years back and still won't go on it!
Sounds like a good assessment. I have back problems and still do most of the rides, but not too many times in a row like I did when I was younger. DS now tells me he will ride ToT again. He did it 2 years ago when he was 5 1/2 and was terrified. He says he will ride Space Mountain too, but it's so rough.

How bumpy is the new Star Tours? He is a huge Star Wars fan and wants to try that as well. We have not been on the new one yet. I can't remember the last time I went on the old version either.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #3087
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
How bumpy is the new Star Tours? He is a huge Star Wars fan and wants to try that as well. We have not been on the new one yet. I can't remember the last time I went on the old version either.
I didn't think the old ST was as head-poundingly and back-achingly troublesome as SM, and the newer version seems even less so if that's possible. There are a few jolts, but since you aren't jerked around corner as on SM, that makes ST a much more enjoyable ride experience.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #3088
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Quote:
I didn't think the old ST was as head-poundingly and back-achingly troublesome as SM, and the newer version seems even less so if that's possible. There are a few jolts, but since you aren't jerked around corner as on SM, that makes ST a much more enjoyable ride experience.

Good to know. Thanks!

Oh and I decided to not potentially mess up my reservation at OKW by trying to get HH category. We did put a request to be close to HH on the original reservation but not in one of the buildings that is in that category specifically. I was too nervous to lose my ressie.

10 days!!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #3089
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Woohoo!! I will let you know if I'm going then as well. I will try to work it out.

Sounds like a good assessment. I have back problems and still do most of the rides, but not too many times in a row like I did when I was younger. DS now tells me he will ride ToT again. He did it 2 years ago when he was 5 1/2 and was terrified. He says he will ride Space Mountain too, but it's so rough.

WooHoo! Sounds like a meet!!

My problem with ST is the visual more than the physical. Sometimes makes me sick

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #3090
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I adore Storybook Land! Ride it every time there - as an adult. And you have to love a ride at Disney that you might end up dumped in the water as everyone loads and unloads.

I love, love, love Storybookland Canal Boats

Just booked for 3 nights after the 4 day Dream Dec 12-15th Love Xmas at the Lodge, I especially love after coming home from MVMCP and just hopping on the boat all tuckered out.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: