DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #2956
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfc4life View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Will Chriscoe (AKA wfc4life) from Reidsville, NC. Sechem32's husband, and friends of jimmytammy and TammyNC. I met some of you at the BLT meet-up on 12/8. I look forward to getting to know everyone better here on the DISboards.
Hi Will So nice to see you here on our little corner of the Dis! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvindisneyworld View Post
We have a vacation planned in June, we have 3 studios booked and a total of 10 of us.. We just bought back in, we sold a few years ago and regretted it so much and missed VWL.
On to my questions what are the activities at the resort for our family? Also we stayed at OKW in Sept and the kids in our party loved the pool activities in the afternoon, one in particular was making tie dye t-shirts.. Can someone feel me in on all this please.

Thanks.
The Lodge calls to all of us, too! WELCOME back!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #2957
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by halld6479 View Post
my home is SSR but with a quick trip they were booked so I jumped over to here and am really looking forward to my stay next week it looks so cool. Anyone got any suggests for me to check out while there?
WELCOME! The resort has so much to offer. Take time to sit in a chair in the lobby and absorb the energy. Take the Lodge tour - very informative. At check-in, ask if there is opportunity for you to be Flag Family - one family per day goes to the top of the Lodge accompanied by a ranger and raises the flags. Truly a wonderful and unique experience. This can not be pre-arranged: first come, first served. Listen to the music. Watch the geyser. Ride a boat over to the Magic Kingdom. This list will get you started. Others will chime in with addition suggestions.

SSR one of our home resorts, too. Surprising that they're booked.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #2958
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Happy Birthday Blossomz!!

Counting down here. About 19 days until OKW. Hoping the nice weather lasts. I would love 80 degrees since it is currently about 11 degrees in WI with a windchill dropping it lower than that. Everything is covered in ice from some nice freezing rain we had on Saturday night as well.

Have had a rough start to the new year. A co-worker committed suicide. I work in a small business run by a 2nd cousin of mine. Only 4 employees, the owner and the owner's Dad. The owner's Dad is the one who passed. So we have had a rough couple of weeks. Please keep us all in your prayers.

I've haven't been very active on the boards lately. Trying to avoid all the FP+ drama. LOL

Hope you are all doing well!
I'm so sorry about your co-worker, so sad. Please visit often, if only just to say hi and send prayers my way.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #2959
renchick
middle of nowhere

OKW building request question

I’m hoping someone will help me with a building/room request.

My family’s first stay at OKW. We will be in a 1BR for two days (we’re becoming epic split-stayers in an effort to stay at each DVC property), one of which is July 4th. July 4th I’m planning on us staying at the resort, perhaps going to DTD/DisneyQuest in the early part of the day – it would be nice to take the boat to do so (and I am assuming doable as it would be early in the day). We have a dinner ADR at Olivia’s on the 4th. We’ll have the kitchen stocked, so no need to visit Conch Flats or Good’s.

We will have our car, so proximity to a bus stop is not an issue. I think my boys will enjoy spending much time at the main pool, and we will walk if necessary (or drive, if possible).

I want a first floor room, to avoid climbing stairs, but am wondering if these rooms have the full size tables on their patios pictured in higher-level rooms.
Looking at the views, none appeals more than another.

Given my set of circumstances, are there any building requests I should make? Or just “ground floor” and “not “HH area”?

Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #2960
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
WELCOME! The resort has so much to offer. Take time to sit in a chair in the lobby and absorb the energy. Take the Lodge tour - very informative. At check-in, ask if there is opportunity for you to be Flag Family - one family per day goes to the top of the Lodge accompanied by a ranger and raises the flags. Truly a wonderful and unique experience. This can not be pre-arranged: first come, first served. Listen to the music. Watch the geyser. Ride a boat over to the Magic Kingdom. This list will get you started. Others will chime in with addition suggestions.

SSR one of our home resorts, too. Surprising that they're booked.
halld6479: Additionally, there is the movie on the beach, usually preceded by sumores around the campfire. Nearby, there are bikes or boats to rent, or you can walk over to FW via the main path leading out near the bus stop or along the nature trail that starts beside the bike/boat rental shack. FW itself has some cool activities. In the Villas lobby, there are game tables with checkers and the like. Enjoy!

Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #2961
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Nicole -- so sorry to hear about this. Prayers to your co-worker's family.

Last edited by bagsmom; 01-15-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #2962
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Thank you all for your prayers. I knew I could count on my Groupie family.

Work is going to be different for quite a while. We're struggling to get to a new normal there. Its very quiet and I expect Jim to come around the corner at any moment. His office is right next to mine and its dark and we keep all the doors closed now.

I'm so looking forward to our trip in 3 weeks. It will bring much needed happiness! DS who is 7 is so excited, he says he is going to ride Space Mountain this time. We'll see. He braved ToT last time and hated it. So I'm leary of Space Mountain, especially since I can't sit right next to him. I would hate for him to be scared and I can't do anything about it. Heck I was scared the first time I rode it and I was 17!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #2963
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Nicole - sorry I put the wrong name to my sympathies before. Sometimes I get on here to read when I don't have enough time, then I goof!

I was terrified on Space Mountain when I was 15. My, oldest who will be 13 on our vacation, wants to try it too -- I'm not thrilled about it, really. Either DH or I will go with him, for moral support -- which ever one of us goes with him, I imagine we will be feeling pretty yucky after! Just can't do that stuff like we used to! We went to a kid's version of a theme park for a b-day party -- after a few rides, we were literally lying down on adjacent park benches with our children watching over their poor, sick parents! WDW could be pretty funny this summer! (Dramamine!)

You are in WI, right? I have family there! I love the change of seasons that you guys have. We have seasons, too, but almost never any snow.

Maybe part of the reason I love WL so much is that feeling of being in the northlands!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #2964
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the newbies (luvindisneyworld & halld6479 & renchick) !

Nicoal....so very sorry about your coworker. My prayers of support go out to you all.

Thanks Muushka....worked all day on that cake to make it just right for blossomz !!!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #2965
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome to the groupies halld6479 and renchick!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #2966
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Nicole
Prayers to you and your work family on your loss
Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #2967
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by renchick View Post
I’m hoping someone will help me with a building/room request.

My family’s first stay at OKW. We will be in a 1BR for two days (we’re becoming epic split-stayers in an effort to stay at each DVC property), one of which is July 4th. July 4th I’m planning on us staying at the resort, perhaps going to DTD/DisneyQuest in the early part of the day – it would be nice to take the boat to do so (and I am assuming doable as it would be early in the day). We have a dinner ADR at Olivia’s on the 4th. We’ll have the kitchen stocked, so no need to visit Conch Flats or Good’s.

We will have our car, so proximity to a bus stop is not an issue. I think my boys will enjoy spending much time at the main pool, and we will walk if necessary (or drive, if possible).

I want a first floor room, to avoid climbing stairs, but am wondering if these rooms have the full size tables on their patios pictured in higher-level rooms.
Looking at the views, none appeals more than another.

Given my set of circumstances, are there any building requests I should make? Or just “ground floor” and “not “HH area”?
Hi renchick !
OKW was my "home" for many years before we sold and purchased BLT and AKV. But we loved our stays there. Yes....you will have the large table on the ground floor. I usually try and keep my requests down to one or two at most. If you don't mind some walks, there are very lovely water views from bldgs 45 & 46 (my 2 fav at OKW). You will have about a 8-10 min walk as I recall (yes we timed it once from bldg 45 !). Bldg 55 also has awesome water views but that is more like a 12-14 min walk. If you want close to HH, bldg 62 is awesome and has an ELEVATOR so you wouldn't have to request "ground floor". Bldgs 63 and 64 also are near HH with elevators, but 62 imho has nicest view---you can even catch a glimpse of Illuminations from the balcony ! Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #2968
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

halld6479
VWL has a lot to offer. Bear in mind, it is the smallest DVC resort on property, but it is huge in ambiance. Soak it all in! Enjoy the peacefulness, listen to the faint music, watch the lanterns flicker while hearing the crickets chirp. Wildlife can be spotted early AM in the trees. Take the Lodge tour, check all the nooks and crannies of the Lodge as t can afford some good views, including going up floors. At night, catch the boat to FW and check out the Bear in the building. Lights tend to show the eyes, mouth and noes, while the wings of the Lodge reveal the arms(takes a bit of imagination, but he is there)Check out the geyser every hour/half hour. There is so much more and you will discover the things that make WL/VWL so special and set it apart from other resorts. Have fun discovering!

renchick
We prefer Turtle Pond area. It is quiet, has its own pool, really feel a bit removed from the bustle of the HH area, though its not bad. Also, bldgs 30 and up have the 1 bedrooms with 2 doors to the bath area, which affords some privacy for all parties. Not sure about the table on porch area as we have never stayed on 1st floor, but I would guess to say no difference, as layout is the same. I know all floors have railings, including 1st, so size of porch is the same. OKW is a great resort, 2nd in our hearts to VWL
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #2969
wfc4life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25
Welcome to the friendliest place on the DIS (granted, it's self-proclaimed, but we know whereof we speak)!
Thanks sleepydog25!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #2970
wfc4life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy
Welcome to the groupies wfc4life!!!!

For those of yall that know me, William and me have been best buds since early high school days, still try to live out those days from time to time by going to concerts, meeting up for dinners with our families, laughing a lot, and planning out our WDW trips together. Its been a fun ride, and I look forward to the years to come!
Thanks Jimmy, your words say it all. Here's to many more years of good times and memories.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: