DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #2911
happyann79
Mouseketeer

Love the pool! Makes me feel like i am in the mountains.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #2912
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
the first post in this thread sums up the new Fast pass plus scenerio very well.

It's broken into 3 parts
1. what we know for sure
2. info from other sites
3. what we still don't know.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3042834
Thanks for all the info, Eliza -- I will have to check out the thread. I, like you, have been called an alarmist. I prefer to say that I prepare for a variety of outcomes!

But I'm with you. It's fine to make dinner reservations, but trying to reserve fastpasses for rides months in advance is a little nuts. Even OCD me -- who LOVES to plan -- won't plan which park I go to on which day until we are a little closer to the trip. I like to check the UnOfficial Guide's crowd calendar, which changes from day to day.

Oh well. I guess when we buy tickets, we will know if it's in place or not. Maybe? If I buy tickets in March for my June trip -- and let's say they have this going in April or May, how will I know if I'm eligible to make all these advanced plans?

Goodness -- I will just have to wait and see and be EVER SO GRATEFUL to be going back to WDW at all!!!!! I am getting so excited and it's 5 months away.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #2913
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
4. From what movie is Prince Eric from?

Hope some thing magical happens to everyone today....
I've never been very up on the Princes - while the poor guys were the targets (er, I mean dream endings) many also seemed to kind of be space fillers in the stories. But I think Prince Eric may have been from The Little Mermaid?

The NextGen stuff makes my head swim. I haven't been able to manage much dining at 180 days much less to now figure out what rides I want to do on a particular day 60 days or 30 days or whatever out. I'm sad to see the current fast pass system going and I'm sure will adapt but so far it all seems less appealing to me and more stressful. Not exactly what I'm looking for in a vacation! I hope it's all better than it so far appears to me.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #2914
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Happy Thursday Gang,
Nothing special going on today so to give us a little dose of magic. Here we go... Time to give our Disney Princes some love.

1) From what movie is Prince Phillip from?
2. From what movie is Prince Adam from?
3. Who are the three princesses in Mulan 2 that Mulan has to guard?
4. From what movie is Prince Eric from?
5. What is donald ducks full name?
6. From what Country was Prince Naveen from?
7. What was the name of the side kick who helped Hercules go from "zero to hero" and what was he?

Hope some thing magical happens to everyone today....
I think #6 is Maldovia.

#7 - I can't remember his name but it was Danny Devito as a satyr if I'm remembering correctly. It's been a while since I watched Hercules.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 01-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #2915
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Here's another question

Oooooo -- the questions are coming to me more and more every day!

I was wishing and dreaming and waiting and looking at a nice youtube video from AllEars.net. It was an overview of WL and VWL.

It showed the boat pulling up to the dock and then signs for the blue flag and the red flag. The one for MK said it departs a half hour before the MK opens.

Hmmmm... If we want to BE THERE 45 mins to an hour before opening, does this mean we'll have to drive our own car? I wonder if the buses leave earlier.

Do any of you know?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #2916
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome to the groupies happyann79!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #2917
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

The next gen stuff has me a bit concerned too. We plan meals out 180 days in advance, just to get what we want,and that changes along the way. But to plan a ride time that far ahead let alone, say 10 days out cant happen for us. I am hoping they have put thought into it for us folks who like to take the parks more leisurely, and allow it to work for us as well.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #2918
sechem32
Earning My Ears

next gen stuff is even concerning me. Jimmytammy can confirm that I love to plan out every detail months before my trip, but it never usually works out like I planned!

Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #2919
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
The next gen stuff has me a bit concerned too. We plan meals out 180 days in advance, just to get what we want,and that changes along the way. But to plan a ride time that far ahead let alone, say 10 days out cant happen for us. I am hoping they have put thought into it for us folks who like to take the parks more leisurely, and allow it to work for us as well.
I couldn't agree more ! It's really sort of taking the fun out of things when I have to plan down to this sort of detail ? I go to WDW and on vacation to relax....not to feel rushed that I have to be here or there for every little thing ? Unless I'm missing something, I'm not too happy about this.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #2920
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

I am officially a huge nerd!

This is pretty bad, folks!

I came across a video of the Electrical Parade. I saw it when I was a little kid and it debuted in the 70s. I haven't seen since I was a kid.

I watched part of the video -- heard that synthesized voice "Ladies and Gentlemen..." OHMYGOSH! It took me back to my childhood, standing on Main Street.

You guys -- I felt like such a goob! TEARS came to my eyes! TEARS!

Seriously? I am such a weirdo.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #2921
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

I Think I Am Planned Out

I think I am totally planned out. It has gotten to the point where I really don't care where we eat, when we eat. I am not making any more ADR's because we don't want to plan our day around when and where we will eat. I have had great success in just walking up the the restaraunts and getting a table with not much more wait then when we had ADR's. I now DO NOT want to plan what rides we will ride and when. I would rather bear the unrelenting heat of September and walk on the rides then go when this new FP+ is the only way to get on. I remember the DVC days when all you had to plan was what resort you'd like to try at 7 mos. It's gotten rediculous and I am going to rebel by NOT PLANNING AT ALL!!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #2922
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

They are changing the carpet in the hallways at the VWL and it looks more like an Indian blanket than Yellowstone. I'll try to post a photo.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #2923
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post

I came across a video of the Electrical Parade. I saw it when I was a little kid and it debuted in the 70s. I haven't seen since I was a kid.

I watched part of the video -- heard that synthesized voice "Ladies and Gentlemen..." OHMYGOSH! It took me back to my childhood, standing on Main Street.

Are you kidding? That is the happiest music in the world! We always play it when we are driving into WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Hi Groupies
Well, I'm about 10 pages behind but will try to get caught up this evening.

Many thanks to all of you for your words of comfort and condolence at my FIL's passing. The service was Friday. DDad and I are beginning to get our lives back to 'normal'.

I've really missed my time here. The daily banter and support for one another that goes on is always a highlight of my day.

For any new Groupies that have joined our little place on the Dis, WELCOME!

Happy Belated Birthday to any that I may have missed.
Good to see you back, Di. Be sure to give Dad a hug for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Congrats WDad
We're right there with you...
Our youngest DD got engaged over Thanksgiving weekend.
( she's my little 2nd generation DVC member)
Our future DSIL ask my husband for her hand when
she and I were down in Disney for our girls only trip in Sept.
Sounds like a couple of good guys
So sweet. Congratulations to your daughter!

Quote:
the first post in this thread sums up the new Fast pass plus scenerio very well.

It's broken into 3 parts
1. what we know for sure
2. info from other sites
3. what we still don't know.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3042834
Thanks, E. I have been MIA and I guess I have some homework to do.
PS New Siggy is so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanH View Post
Hi everyone!
I know nobody really knows me, but I am going to post again anyway!

We returned about a week ago from our 9 night/10 day trip and our first stay at the VWL...After reading so much...how should I say it.....venom on the DIS, but not in this thread, I was ready for some challenges that never arose!

Was our room ready when we arrived (at 11am)?...No.

Did we care?...No! We were headed to tour the deluxe resorts and see their decorations, and to have lunch at The Grand Floridian Cafe!

Did we have to wait long for our room?....NO! We received our text at 1pm, telling us that the room was ready.

Was our room dirty, with filth and hair and mold?...No! It was in fantastic shape.

We were in room 5549, which is quite a hike from the elevator, but it did have a great view through the trees, of Bay Lake and some forested area, where we saw deer, woodpeckers and squirrels...

The room is a 2 bedroom dedicated room. Plenty of space for the full grown 5 of us. The kitchen and washing machine/dryer were awesome to have, and a life saver (the washer & dryer) since we didn't pack enough warm clothes for so many days in the 30's/40's/50's.

Any disappointments wih The Lodge?....Yes and no. The Lodge itself - heck no..Beautiful, homey, everything that caused us to make it our home resort...The downer was our flag family day.

We got a very young Ranger named Logan. No fault of his, but he didn't bring the charisma and knowledge and charm that we got from Ranger Stan (our only other flag family experience). He also didn't offer us breakfast upstairs like Ranger Stan did, and like the front desk said we would be, but we didn't say anything and just headed to the WCC for a good breakfast.

So, big woop! An awesome time was had by one and all! The parks were super crowded, but we knew they would be. We made rope drop every day we toured a park, we rode and saw everything we wanted without long lines, and we were even the first people in the Haunted Mansion one morning, which was odd/interesting, as well as something that was never a goal of ours!

Back to the villa....It took a little getting used to, not having housekeeping every day, but we adapted. It helps that my wife is a cleaner and tidy up kind of person!

Can't wait to go back..

PS. If you were on your balcony and a lady came out on hers, in her robe, talking to herself until she noticed you there, then struck up a conversation with you - That was my wife!

Have a great one!

Stan
I remember you Stan! I love reading your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Hi, Groupies. Just checking in.

My youngest daughter told me over the New Year's break that she is engaged. In fact, the husband to be called the day before to "ask for her hand in marriage." Now, if a guy does that, he's got to be a great guy. I've known him for a bit. We said yes, and he popped the question the next day.

So, now I have a 2 bedroom setup at VWL from the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to the Sunday after. I wonder how that will work out if they get married before then.
Congratulations! How is that little cutie granddaughter?
I wished we had run into you again during our stay, just to have fun with her!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #2924
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechem32 View Post
next gen stuff is even concerning me. Jimmytammy can confirm that I love to plan out every detail months before my trip, but it never usually works out like I planned!
Thats because we are along to slow you down You know me and Will, we need our bathroom breaks
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #2925
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post

You and me both then! I just adore MSEP and can't wait to hear the first announcement and strains of Baroque Hoedown. I might have to bop over to you tube and catch a show right now!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: