DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #2881
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Hi groupies! We have stayed several times at Wilderness Lodge but this will be the first for the DVC Villas. Just taking a quick trip in May with a studio already reserved. I apologize if this has been covered, but I just can't read over 100 plus screens!! Does anyone have, or can point me to, a map with room numbers? Also, are there any studios on the higher floors that might give a bay lake view? Recommendations welcomed!! Thanks!!

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #2882
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Disregard the above. Found the maps w/room numbers etc. Can't wait!

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #2883
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

A big WELCOME to all the new groupies!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #2884
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
Thanks - but how was the room laid out? More windows than the standard 2BR layout? Any photos?
Sorry, all our photos are in print, not on disc or photobucket.
I cant compare to other 2 beds as this was the only one we ever stayed in.

I just remember liking it a lot.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #2885
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Happy Birthday SantaRay and Elvis!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #2886
twokats
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, SantaRay!!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 01-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #2887
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hello everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've now managed to book my final nights so we are now all set for our December trip

Thanks so much for all your wonderful help and advice (and sharing my excitement!)

We have 3 nights at Art Of Animation followed by 11 nights at VWL ......... Woo-Hoo !!!!!

Lx
We match on the VWL part. . . . 11 nights is the most I can take at that time of year, and with all the other vacations this year, my boss is doing without me quite a bit!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #2888
StanH
Are my ears growing yet?

Hi everyone!
I know nobody really knows me, but I am going to post again anyway!

We returned about a week ago from our 9 night/10 day trip and our first stay at the VWL...After reading so much...how should I say it.....venom on the DIS, but not in this thread, I was ready for some challenges that never arose!

Was our room ready when we arrived (at 11am)?...No.

Did we care?...No! We were headed to tour the deluxe resorts and see their decorations, and to have lunch at The Grand Floridian Cafe!

Did we have to wait long for our room?....NO! We received our text at 1pm, telling us that the room was ready.

Was our room dirty, with filth and hair and mold?...No! It was in fantastic shape.

We were in room 5549, which is quite a hike from the elevator, but it did have a great view through the trees, of Bay Lake and some forested area, where we saw deer, woodpeckers and squirrels...

The room is a 2 bedroom dedicated room. Plenty of space for the full grown 5 of us. The kitchen and washing machine/dryer were awesome to have, and a life saver (the washer & dryer) since we didn't pack enough warm clothes for so many days in the 30's/40's/50's.

Any disappointments wih The Lodge?....Yes and no. The Lodge itself - heck no..Beautiful, homey, everything that caused us to make it our home resort...The downer was our flag family day.

We got a very young Ranger named Logan. No fault of his, but he didn't bring the charisma and knowledge and charm that we got from Ranger Stan (our only other flag family experience). He also didn't offer us breakfast upstairs like Ranger Stan did, and like the front desk said we would be, but we didn't say anything and just headed to the WCC for a good breakfast.

So, big woop! An awesome time was had by one and all! The parks were super crowded, but we knew they would be. We made rope drop every day we toured a park, we rode and saw everything we wanted without long lines, and we were even the first people in the Haunted Mansion one morning, which was odd/interesting, as well as something that was never a goal of ours!

Back to the villa....It took a little getting used to, not having housekeeping every day, but we adapted. It helps that my wife is a cleaner and tidy up kind of person!

Can't wait to go back..

PS. If you were on your balcony and a lady came out on hers, in her robe, talking to herself until she noticed you there, then struck up a conversation with you - That was my wife!

Have a great one!

Stan

Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #2889
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Hey Stan -- I only pop in on this group. Has there been a lot of negativity about the lodge on other threads?

The lodge in general, or was it more about the villas?

(And if I was on my balcony with coffee and your wife came out, we'd end up talking for hours. I'm a chatty cathy, too.)

Old 01-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #2890
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Glad you had a great trip Stan! When's the next one?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #2891
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Stan
Once a groupie, always a groupie, glad you are back, and you, along with all groupies are always welcome.

Glad you folks had such a wonderful trip!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #2892
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Yes it's Elvis's birthday and my son's too!!!! Happy Tuesday groupies!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #2893
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Hi, Groupies. Just checking in.

My youngest daughter told me over the New Year's break that she is engaged. In fact, the husband to be called the day before to "ask for her hand in marriage." Now, if a guy does that, he's got to be a great guy. I've known him for a bit. We said yes, and he popped the question the next day.

So, now I have a 2 bedroom setup at VWL from the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to the Sunday after. I wonder how that will work out if they get married before then.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #2894
StanH
Are my ears growing yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Hey Stan -- I only pop in on this group. Has there been a lot of negativity about the lodge on other threads?

The lodge in general, or was it more about the villas?

(And if I was on my balcony with coffee and your wife came out, we'd end up talking for hours. I'm a chatty cathy, too.)

I have read many threads that were very negative regarding the caretaking of the DVC rooms, at VWL and other resorts..So many.. But that seems to be all too common in some threads on this board.......I just take what I need, and leave the rest behind!

Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #2895
StanH
Are my ears growing yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Glad you had a great trip Stan! When's the next one?
Now you are sounding like my wife and kids!

We are unsure at this time...My wife is a teacher, so it will have to revolve around school holidays and breaks...I printed the point charts yesterday and brought them home so we could look at dates, points, etc.

And to directly answer your question - Not soon enough!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: