DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #2131
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Everything is closing down on this end of PA as well!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #2132
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Hi Groupies, again, I will try to catch up later in the week, but thought I would check in. Just back from the cruise to no where. What a disaster. I am done, done, done cruising. Not that I dislike cruising. I do dislike putting myself and my family squarely in the hands of anyone more concerned about money than our welfare. The only reason we got on the ship is because of DCL's lies. And then the continuing poor decision making by Captain Henry (who should be outright discharged of any further duties with DCL, in my not so humble opinion, made the last three days among the most miserable of my life. (And I paid for that?) Felt more like a hostage than a guest. But we had a great, great time at WDW and the Lodge the week before.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #2133
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Hi Groupies, again, I will try to catch up later in the week, but thought I would check in. Just back from the cruise to no where. What a disaster. I am done, done, done cruising. Not that I dislike cruising. I do dislike putting myself and my family squarely in the hands of anyone more concerned about money than our welfare. The only reason we got on the ship is because of DCL's lies. And then the continuing poor decision making by Captain Henry (who should be outright discharged of any further duties with DCL, in my not so humble opinion, made the last three days among the most miserable of my life. (And I paid for that?) Felt more like a hostage than a guest. But we had a great, great time at WDW and the Lodge the week before.
So sorry your cruise turned out this way, but glad you had a good VWL visit.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #2134
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
So sorry for your experience!
I just read - all 29 pages - of the Fantasy's journey. I can only imagine what you and others have experienced. Certainly happy to have you back here!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #2135
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Ouch!! hang in there rfassett, I think anyone who lives long enough and travels has had those "trips from hell". Dh and I took a train trip to Nova scotia that definitely brought out the "worst" in "for better or worst". To add to the overall misery I was 4 months preggies with Sid the squid.

Glad you loved the lodge, it never fails to turn the worst trip around.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #2136
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
All schools closed tomorrow. Kutztown Univ. is closed Tuesday too but they aren't saying it on tv. Pretty busy today at PetSmart. Lots of people buying training pads in case their dogs won't go out in the rain. We had a hard time getting the store closed at 6. Lots of people coming in at the last second. Even had people wanting to come in at 6:30.
Keeping our fingers crossed! Stay safe everyone!
*** grrrr** Had to drag "hobbes" out this morning into the backyard. I had to follow him around from tree to tree with the umbrella.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #2137
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Oh dear I'm so sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing some details about why you felt DCL was more concerned with money then the guests welfare? Again I'm very sorry you had such a miserable time.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #2138
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome back...I was also following the cruise board. I REALLY feel for you all. As paying guests, I think the majority of us would rather just have the cruise cancelled and get reimbursed from our trip insurance vs be subjected to rough seas and sea sickness etc. Glad your WDW portion of your vacation was much better.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #2139
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Oh my. This doesn't sound good.

Did you not get to any ports?

The experiences I'm reading about Fantasy and Dream really are disturbing. Cruise lines always claim that they will cruise away from storms. But it appears that this time, both ships, they made the decision to try to adhere to a schedule, at any cost.

Our first cruise, 3/2004, had 30-35 ft waves. I was afraid the ship would break in half! But it was just 1 really bad night and I think the captain was doing his best because it was a freak hurricane system that actually hit Brazil (in March!!).

But we have been very fortunate since then. And we have done 2 hurricane season cruises (1 was exactly 1 year ago on Freedom of the Seas).

I'm not sure what I am trying to say. I'm not ready to give up cruising, but
I would be very hesitant to cruise DCL during hurricane season.

DCL is going to have a bigger mess to clean up than the Fantasy. Restoring people's trust is a big job.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #2140
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post

DCL is going to have a bigger mess to clean up than the Fantasy. Restoring people's trust is a big job.
Exactly.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #2141
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
*** grrrr** Had to drag "hobbes" out this morning into the backyard. I had to follow him around from tree to tree with the umbrella.
My aunt actually has a doggie umbrella I could use but then I would get wet! I think my dogs will go out okay unless it is really windy.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #2142
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61

Oh my. I thought my dogs were the only ones!! One of them won't even leave the living room if she thinks its raining outside!!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #2143
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

I have permission to work from home. Tomorrow's design review was cancelled. We're in the path of the storm. Still have power. My neighborhood's power is run underground. That's a help. Still, outside poles can fall. We can still lose power. Just waiting it out. Reading the groupies thread helps.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #2144
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
I have permission to work from home. Tomorrow's design review was cancelled. We're in the path of the storm. Still have power. My neighborhood's power is run underground. That's a help. Still, outside poles can fall. We can still lose power. Just waiting it out. Reading the groupies thread helps.
That's what we're here for

Be safe everyone in the path of Sandy.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #2145
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Well, we thankfully still have power. I don't know how long that will last. Looks like Sandy will make landfall at Wildwood, NJ.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: