Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #1
lts862
DIS Veteran

Beach Excursion Safety

Hi!
We were wondering about the safety of some of the beach clubs that are part of excursions.

For example, if we do a tour and there is a stop at a beach club, and my family is using the water facilities at the beach, is it safe to leave our belongings on the beach while we are in the ocean or should one of us stay back to "guard" our items? it is not that we are taking wads of cash or electronics, etc. I was just wondering as my daughter and I will both have beach bags with ID and our KTTW, camera and sunscreen.

I hope this isn't a silly question as obviously no place is safe but being a newbie, I am curious about this.

Thank you for your help.

Proud SSR owner

lts862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lts862 View Post
Hi!
We were wondering about the safety of some of the beach clubs that are part of excursions.

For example, if we do a tour and there is a stop at a beach club, and my family is using the water facilities at the beach, is it safe to leave our belongings on the beach while we are in the ocean or should one of us stay back to "guard" our items? it is not that we are taking wads of cash or electronics, etc. I was just wondering as my daughter and I will both have beach bags with ID and our KTTW, camera and sunscreen.

I hope this isn't a silly question as obviously no place is safe but being a newbie, I am curious about this.

Thank you for your help.
I know I'm an overly cautious type, but I'd never assume that leaving expensive stuff lying around would ever be safe (anywhere, even onboard).

I would say leaving sunscreen, towels, shoes, are probably OK, but I'd not leave a camera. As to the KTTW cards (as well as credit cards/driver's licenses) they're plastic. They can get wet. DH & I just stick them in our swim suits when we go in the water.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #3
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

I wouldn't leave anything behind that you would miss if it was gone/stolen. I've read of people having their diapers stolen from their bag on a beach. (I might've read that here.) Thieves will rarely take the time to rummage through your stuff to select what to steal. Chances are they'll snatch the bag and sort it out later when there's less of a chance to get caught. I definitely would not leave IDs behind, not only for risk of ID theft, but you won't get very far without ID. You could get something like this to wear around to store your IDs and cards: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BJ7WHE/
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #4
lts862
DIS Veteran

I really knew the answer to this, but thought that maybe just maybe ......

Thanks! We will bring minimum items on our excursions.

Proud SSR owner

lts862 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: