Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #2416
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Leaving early tomorrow am... So excited! I was booked for a deluxe alcove, but when I checked ressie today, looks like they moved me to a premium studio! We shall see what happens tomorrow. I will be peeking in here every so often and maybe post pics!

Cindy

Edited b/c I was not done typing.... Silly fingers!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #2417
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyPA View Post
Leaving early tomorrow am... So excited! I was booked for a deluxe alcove, but when I checked ressie today, looks like they moved me to a premium studio! We shall see what happens tomorrow. I will be peeking in here every so often and maybe post pics!

Cindy

How are you checking online?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #2418
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post

How are you checking online?
I received an email after I made the reservation. I am also a Starwood member. You can use your reservation number or Starwood number to log in and check the reservation from the link in the email.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #2419
figmentswife

Quote:
I received an email after I made the reservation. I am also a Starwood member. You can use your reservation number or Starwood number to log in and check the reservation from the link in the email.
The Weston Link, that is says click to change
(staying at the Swan)

And I had forgotten to put my SPG number in when I made this reservation, so it is not showing up on my SPG account, but it is there when I click from the email.

Last edited by figmentswife; 06-08-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #2420
CindyPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post

The Weston Link, that is says click to change
(staying at the Swan)

And I had forgotten to put my SPG number in when I made this reservation, so it is not showing up on my SPG account, but it is there when I click from the email.
Mine has a link to log in to my account. I would call and add your SPG number, that way you are sure to get credit. And will flag you as a member the day of check in.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #2421
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Cindy

Lucky you! Have a great trip.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #2422
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Took this picture this morning

It would look quite different right now - the daily afternoon thunder storm has hit.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #2423
figmentswife

Quote:

Mine has a link to log in to my account. I would call and add your SPG number, that way you are sure to get credit. And will flag you as a member the day of check in.
Thanks, I did check the Weston link in my email. No pint in adding my SPG number I can't get credit when staying employee rates. That is why I didn't bother putting it in when I made it.

I am good with what ever we get, won't be spending much time in the room anyways.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #2424
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post

It would look quite different right now - the daily afternoon thunder storm has hit.
Beautiful
(")_(")

Old 06-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #2425
ryansstitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Makes me all the more excited to go!

Old 06-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #2426
calmpets
DIS Veteran

Stupid question, but how long does it usually take for the Dolphin to process the deposit? I made the reservation last Monday and it hadn't hit my account so I called back today. They told me they would process it a couple of hours ago, but it's still not showing up in my bank transactions, pending or otherwise. I did receive the email confirmation, both times I called, but I'm concerned that without the deposit actually being made they will cancel it and I'll arrive there in October to find I have no room. Should I be concerned?
Old 06-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #2427
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

I made my reservation on 5/15; deposit didn't go through until 5/28 - crazy slow!

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
Old 06-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #2428
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Half Moon over the Dolphin

From May 2013
Old 06-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #2429
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Another town car warning

I've posted before about the Dolphin (and Swan) propensity to put you into a town car rather than a taxi. Today we decided to just go with it and take the town car. We were headed to the Grand Floridian from the Dolphin. When I asked for a car to the GF they warned me that the town car would cost $19. I was ok with that and actually pleased that they warned me.

Unfortunately they didn't seem to tell the driver of the town car that it was supposed to be $19. When we got to the GF he wanted $30. I said no way, its supposed to be $19. He said its $30 because it goes according to zone. He also said it would have been $19 to the MK (which is where we were headed anyway). I pointed out we hadn't even gotten that far so it couldn't be $30. We went back and forth a couple of times and I was about to tell him to call his dispatcher when he finally said, OK, pay what you want. I paid him the $19 (and a $3 tip, I don't know why).

So again, be careful about town cars from the Swolphin.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #2430
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
I've posted before about the Dolphin (and Swan) propensity to put you into a town car rather than a taxi. Today we decided to just go with it and take the town car. We were headed to the Grand Floridian from the Dolphin. When I asked for a car to the GF they warned me that the town car would cost $19. I was ok with that and actually pleased that they warned me.

Unfortunately they didn't seem to tell the driver of the town car that it was supposed to be $19. When we got to the GF he wanted $30. I said no way, its supposed to be $19. He said its $30 because it goes according to zone. He also said it would have been $19 to the MK (which is where we were headed anyway). I pointed out we hadn't even gotten that far so it couldn't be $30. We went back and forth a couple of times and I was about to tell him to call his dispatcher when he finally said, OK, pay what you want. I paid him the $19 (and a $3 tip, I don't know why).

So again, be careful about town cars from the Swolphin.
That's just awful. I do know on occasion I've gotten some with less than cordial attitudes (especially upon learning I was only going to another WDW property), but I've never been charged more than $18 (I guess it's gone up $1).

Thanks for the warning. (I almost think it might be worth it to walk over to YC and get a taxi! )

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: