Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #3526
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

It's April! We can officially say we're going to Disney THIS MONTH!

I also have awesome news: This morning, the cast list for The Little Mermaid was put up. I got to school at 6:45 in the morning, ran to the auditorium door, and discovered that...

I AM PLAYING ARIEL!!!!!

We don't have an Ariel smiley, so I'll just put some of these here since I KNOW someone 'up there' decided to sprinkle some pixie dust on my day:

So now this trip will be filled with much research for costuming (I'm usually on the costume and makeup team anyway) and much buying of various Little Mermaid things, because I never want to forget this! :D

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #3527
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post

I also have awesome news: This morning, the cast list for The Little Mermaid was put up. I got to school at 6:45 in the morning, ran to the auditorium door, and discovered that...

I AM PLAYING ARIEL!!!!!

We don't have an Ariel smiley, so I'll just put some of these here since I KNOW someone 'up there' decided to sprinkle some pixie dust on my day:

So now this trip will be filled with much research for costuming (I'm usually on the costume and makeup team anyway) and much buying of various Little Mermaid things, because I never want to forget this! :D

Congrats!! That's wonderful and I am sure you will make a fabulous Ariel!!

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #3528
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!!! The Little Mermaid has a special place in my heart.

I used to despise the Little Mermaid because my middle name is Ariel and I was REALLY short as a child, so kids used to make fun of me by calling me the Littlest Mermaid or the Tiny Mermaid or a few variations that were significantly more offensive. But then I decided the best way to stop kids from making fun of me was to embrace the name and be proud of it. Being proud to share a name with her sucked all the fun out of teasing me, so they stopped. And that is your little anecdote for the day

Long story short, I LOVE the Little Mermaid, and it's so awesome you got the lead! Be proud of yourself, you must have worked hard for it, and you deserve it.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #3529
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I AM PLAYING ARIEL!!!!!

Congratulations

5 days for us!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #3530
scooffer
Mouseketeer

Single Digit Day!!!

Now, I am nervous. Finished our Tie Die Mickey shirts this weekend, and my new rhinestone transfer arrived !!

However, no where near done packing... I tried so hard not to overspend getting time killers and distractoins for the boys on the train and car ride home, that now I don't think I have anything.

I am going to spend the day making lists, lists and more lists... oh and maybe working a little

April 2014 - Family Gathering Lake Buena Vista Village and Spa 7 adults 5 kids
April 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2012 - Port Of Orleans French Quarter (perfect in every way!)
May 2011 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas (loved it!)
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #3531
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Garden Grocer

doing my GG shopping and I'm afraid I'm going to forget something. Does anyone know if everything will stay in my cart if I wait a few days?

I'm mostly ordering snacks/breakfast foods. Can anyone think of anything I'm forgetting?

Bananas Yellow 6EA
Cantaloupe Chunks Convenience Cut Fruit Approx 14-18oz PKG
Blueberries 4.4oz PKG
Strawberries 16oz PKG
Store Brand Spring Water 24CT of 16.9oz Bottles
Apples Red Delicious 3LB Bag
Crunchpak Fresh Sliced Apples Sweet 14oz Bag
Planters Mixed Nuts Less Than 50% Peanuts Made with Sea Salt 10.3oz
Sorrento Sticksters Cheese Snacks Cheddar 12CT 10oz PKG
General Mills Cheerios MultiGrain Cereal 12.8oz Box
Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal 10.5oz Box K
Store Brand Milk Fat Free 1/2 GAL
Organic Valley 2% Reduced Fat Milk 64oz. CTN
Snyder's of Hanover Mini Pretzels Fat Free 16oz Bag
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
Old 04-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #3532
Misti315
Mouseketeer

Omg!! 6 days!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #3533
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooffer View Post
Single Digit Day!!!

Now, I am nervous. Finished our Tie Die Mickey shirts this weekend, and my new rhinestone transfer arrived !!

However, no where near done packing... I tried so hard not to overspend getting time killers and distractoins for the boys on the train and car ride home, that now I don't think I have anything.

I am going to spend the day making lists, lists and more lists... oh and maybe working a little
Hahahaha....SDD for us, too!! I have zero desire to be at work. Been on the DIS boards all day, trying to think of things I need to do...anything but work. 9 days...seems like it was just 160+ days.

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 04-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #3534
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I AM PLAYING ARIEL!!!!!

So awesome - I was hoping you would get it!!!

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly, Hilton GVC | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014: POR | Dec 2014 - WL | July 2015 - ASMusic | Nov 2015 - FW Campground
Old 04-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #3535
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

yeah who!!!! April is here

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 04-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #3536
twinmom2002
Mouseketeer

So glad April is finally here. Less than three weeks now until we are at Disney!

July 2009 - offsite - Reunion Resort
August 2010 - Contemporary
November 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
April 2013 - offsite - Peabody Orlando
September 2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 04-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #3537
scooffer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooffer
Single Digit Day!!!

Ok so just after I sent this, went to dentist, had a repeat root canal and I am now in terrible pain! 2 Aleve and 2 Vicodin later and no relief! Ugh, please God and pixie dust fairies, don't let this be anything more than a night of discomfort!!

On the other hand realized one lifesaver I forgot to put on my list... Popup hamper!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #3538
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnac1218 View Post

Hahahaha....SDD for us, too!! I have zero desire to be at work. Been on the DIS boards all day, trying to think of things I need to do...anything but work. 9 days...seems like it was just 160+ days.
I know what you mean about little work getting done!! I have this week and next and I don't know how I'm gonna do it lol!!!
I'll probably be making a list tonight of stuff I need.
Not only am I going on vacation but we just bought a condo. And I've been buying stuff for that as well.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 04-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #3539
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooffer View Post
Ok so just after I sent this, went to dentist, had a repeat root canal and I am now in terrible pain! 2 Aleve and 2 Vicodin later and no relief! Ugh, please God and pixie dust fairies, don't let this be anything more than a night of discomfort!!

On the other hand realized one lifesaver I forgot to put on my list... Popup hamper!
OMG I am feeling your pain, as I just went throught this 2 weeks ago. Had a retreat root canal. Was in SOOOOO much pain. Had no pain with the original. Wishing you much pixie dust, it took 2 weeks to get the pain completely gone. After day 3 it finally started subsiding a little every day. I was doing 2 vicodin every 6 hours and 4 advil at a time in between. I felt like a drug addict. Endo told me retreats often do this, and in my case nothing was wrong, so hang in there.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #3540
scooffer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam

OMG I am feeling your pain, as I just went throught this 2 weeks ago. Had a retreat root canal. Was in SOOOOO much pain. Had no pain with the original. Wishing you much pixie dust, it took 2 weeks to get the pain completely gone. After day 3 it finally started subsiding a little every day. I was doing 2 vicodin every 6 hours and 4 advil at a time in between. I felt like a drug addict. Endo told me retreats often do this, and in my case nothing was wrong, so hang in there.
Oh wow, exact same story, first one was so easy, worst part was my jaw sore from stressing out! I sure hope it does not take that long... Ugh

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: