Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #3316
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
My DH and I switch off carrying a backpack.

And as a PP mentioned, the refillable mug is only good at your resort, not in the parks. Unless of course you are just bringing it to carry water....
I'm not a soda drinker or my DS so I was thinking about bringing the mugs to get ice water in the parks, I read that most counter service places will give for free and I am bringing the crystal lite and kool aid for my DS singles to put in the water for something more then water.

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 03-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #3317
trewin
Mouseketeer

Blackbeltdisneygirl- that is a very good idea! A packing table-- I might jut have to try something like that. We are a family of 5 going, so any organization skills will help! Lol, I really wanted to start packing but I thought I was just being Disney crazy!

What does everybody pack for April? All shorts/short sleeve tops or tanks? Sweatshirts?

I know it is supposed to be high 70's / low 80's but not living there its hard to picture exactly what it's like from morning to evening.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #3318
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Had the kids decorate the Mousekeeping envelopes yesterday.Also had to edit the suitcases since I've been on a bit of a buying spree and I keep buying clothes and shoving them into the kids cases. Good thing I did, because I don't think my daughter needed 13 skirts and 17 shorts for a 9 day vacation. Well at least summer clothes are all taken care of when we get back.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #3319
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
I'm not a soda drinker or my DS so I was thinking about bringing the mugs to get ice water in the parks, I read that most counter service places will give for free and I am bringing the crystal lite and kool aid for my DS singles to put in the water for something more then water.
I bring the collapsible water bottles from LL Bean. Basically just a pouch you can fill up. Works a lot better so that you don't end up carrying around a backpack half full of those mugs.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #3320
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Hello, If you don't have a little one (stroller) do you carry a sling back or back pack in the parks?
I didn't know how to carry the reusable mug around all day. How do you use it?
Thanks
My DW doesn't carry anything in the parks. That's because she has a pack mule (me) to carry anything we need!

Normally, I just carry water and a few small things (KTTW cards, driver's licenses, Kleenex, cellphone). If we'll be returning to the resort soon, I just carry a small shoulder bag and buy water enroute.

Of course, back before it was just the two of us, we carried everything imaginable with us. (grin)

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #3321
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Single digits!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC
Old 03-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #3322
anniebabymu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello, If you don't have a little one (stroller) do you carry a sling back or back pack in the parks?
I didn't know how to carry the reusable mug around all day. How do you use it?
Thanks
If you want to bring the refillable mug with you to the parks, I would just be careful! Last trip, we'd fill ours in the morning and bring it to the parks with us... and I can't count how many times we had coffee/tea all over everything! They're not exactly spill-proof! If you want it just for ice/water, I may just bring a spill-proof refillable water bottle. This time around I got two Brita filtered refillable water bottles to bring with us in the park. No more spillage!
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century?? MVMCP ?

10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR *May 2014 Facebook Page... Click here!*

Me DH DD6 DD2
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #3323
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw71 View Post
My AAA agent just emailed me Mickey Mail is ready for pickup 17 days to go WOO HOO!
Why do we have to pick up our Mickey Mail if everyone else seems to get it delivered? I booked through AAA Southern New England. Hrmpph.

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #3324
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
I bring the collapsible water bottles from LL Bean. Basically just a pouch you can fill up. Works a lot better so that you don't end up carrying around a backpack half full of those mugs.
That's a great suggestion thank you.

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #3325
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebabymu View Post
If you want to bring the refillable mug with you to the parks, I would just be careful! Last trip, we'd fill ours in the morning and bring it to the parks with us... and I can't count how many times we had coffee/tea all over everything! They're not exactly spill-proof! If you want it just for ice/water, I may just bring a spill-proof refillable water bottle. This time around I got two Brita filtered refillable water bottles to bring with us in the park. No more spillage!
I have been hearing that about the mugs. Well it is good to know and we can figure out what best works for us when we get there I guess.

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #3326
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
My DW doesn't carry anything in the parks. That's because she has a pack mule (me) to carry anything we need!

Normally, I just carry water and a few small things (KTTW cards, driver's licenses, Kleenex, cellphone). If we'll be returning to the resort soon, I just carry a small shoulder bag and buy water enroute.

Of course, back before it was just the two of us, we carried everything imaginable with us. (grin)
I need one of those, (DH) to carry everything. Mine won't fly so he never goes and doesn't like theme parks. So I go with my best friends and there 3 kids. We have a blast but like u we had the diaper bags and strollers earlier and I loved that we didn't have to carry anything. This is the 2nd big trip we don't have those so not sure what we are going to do. Probably sling paks?

1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #3327
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

this is the first year we won't have a stroller to pack all our stuff in so I enlisted DH to carry a backpack with our ponchos, water, snacks, etc. (should be kind of funny, he's not a backpack type of guy, never worn one before.....). I can't carry one because I have back problems. I will just have my little cross-body bag with the most important stuff in it - camera, phone, wallet.
Me , DH , DS(10) , DD(6)
Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #3328
Duzzygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
Good husband. That's what I'm doing, making the Hubs the pack mule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebabymu View Post
I got two Brita filtered refillable water bottles to bring with us in the park. No more spillage!
I just got three with three extra/spare filters for less than $30 from Amazon.

I have a question about Mickey Mail that I asked a while back. My in-laws booked through a TA. I know the TA will get the Mickey Mail. I'm just wondering if he'll forward our stuff to us or directly to my in-laws as they booked and paid for the trip. We won't see them until we meet them at the airport the morning we leave for the trip. I was so hoping to get something in the mail. lol
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #3329
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I'm super late to the party but wanted to jump in because I'm so excited to about our April trip. We arrive on the 13th for a POR (Royal Guest Room)/BC split stay.

Got our Mickey Mail back on 3/9 and our DME packet came a few days later. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a glitch with DME whereby they only had the second part of our split stay in their system (even though I entered info for both when I booked the reservations online) so the pack was for Beach Club (which is fine for the return) but nothing came for the POR portion (and that's what I need the luggage tags for since it's the arrival end). I called DME last week and they straightened it out and I'm awaiting a new packet. The CM said she'd be able to combine everything so I have one DME packet - never seen/heard of that before so fingers crossed it's all correct when it gets here!

Our weekends between now and the trip are pretty booked up so I really need to wrap my head around packing! Seeing as we had snow as recently as yesterday , all my spring/summer clothes are still packed away! I promised myself I wouldn't procrastinate this time around but we'll see.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
Old 03-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #3330
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Omg, this snow is never going to stop. Been snowing all day and they are saying 6-12 inches by Saturday. I cant wait to go to Disney in........24 days.think

2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: