Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #3226
DisneyBeth94
Disney Fanatic

Our first trip is on April 2nd, and we're extremely excited! One thing that is worrying me a lot is the vomiting virus. I have emetophobia and cannot bare anything to do with vomit. Really hoping to avoid the virus as I really want to remember our first WDW visit for the right reasons. I'm from the UK and therefore have no access to a bottle of clorox hand sanitizer. If anyone has any other suggestion on how to avoid the virus please share them! - Beth

Previous trips:
DLP - February 2012 - 7N//8D DLP - July 2012 - 6N//7D WDW - April 2013 - 7N//8D (AoA) WDW - April 2013 - 7N//8D (Pop) DLP - July/August 2013 - 4N//5D
Upcoming:
DLP Christmas - December 2013/January 2014 - 3N//4D (DLH) - 5N//6D (SL)
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #3227
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
Hello, where in Mass r u from? U flying from Logan? How r u getting to the airport?
I'm from Brockton, about 30 minutes south of Boston. I think we are taking Logan Express from Braintree, but my friend might be taking us all the way into the airport depending on traffic. You are on the North Shore, right? My brother lives in Georgetown, my niece is in Peabody, cousins in Salem...so I am up North a lot.

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #3228
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBeth94 View Post
Our first trip is on April 2nd, and we're extremely excited! One thing that is worrying me a lot is the vomiting virus. I have emetophobia and cannot bare anything to do with vomit. Really hoping to avoid the virus as I really want to remember our first WDW visit for the right reasons. I'm from the UK and therefore have no access to a bottle of clorox hand sanitizer. If anyone has any other suggestion on how to avoid the virus please share them! - Beth
Hi Beth, I am slightly emetophobic. I say slightly because the throwing up doe not affect me as much as the horrible nausea. Some people feel sick and can sleep...not me, I have had viruses where I pace back and forth because I can't sit still with nausea. Don't get me wrong, I hate the throwing up, too. Won't Amazon.com deliver to the UK? Or are you afraid of it not getting to you in time? I got Lysol to Go and Purell Advanced hand sanitizer. I figure it's better than nothing. My coworker has been out all week with Norovirus and I am staying as far from her as possible today, as she just came back to work. ICK.

WDW Offsite October 1981

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 03-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #3229
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBeth94 View Post
get the Clorox aerosol spray, and clean your hotel room. That is where most people pick it up. I ordered the aerosol and hand sanitizer from webofficemart.com and seriously got it in the mail 2 days later, not to mention it was cheaper than everywhere else. Most store sell it though, dont know if in the UK though. My family now thinks I am crazy for spending $30 on Clorox stuff, but I dont care.

2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

Old 03-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #3230
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
get the Clorox aerosol spray, and clean your hotel room. That is where most people pick it up. I ordered the aerosol and hand sanitizer from webofficemart.com and seriously got it in the mail 2 days later, not to mention it was cheaper than everywhere else. Most store sell it though, dont know if in the UK though. My family now thinks I am crazy for spending $30 on Clorox stuff, but I dont care.
I just ordered the Clorox 3pk spray. Ok, so with that, 2 Lysol to go travel cans and 4 Purell Advanced gel...I HOPE I am good to go. As soon as I walk into the room, I will be spraying every surface!

WDW Offsite October 1981

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #3231
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

PP+ arrived

Just received my PP+ pre-order CD. They're nice photos but I'm not sure what good they are. There's no one (except for a few CMs) in any of the hundreds of photos.

Does this count as MM (Mickey Mail)?

Still haven't gotten our ME tags. Our countdown is at 40 days.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 03-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #3232
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnac1218

I just ordered the Clorox 3pk spray. Ok, so with that, 2 Lysol to go travel cans and 4 Purell Advanced gel...I HOPE I am good to go. As soon as I walk into the room, I will be spraying every surface!
I ordered the Clorox hand sanitizing spray last night and saw the Lysol to go. Can you take those in your carry-on on the plane? I didn't get them because I wasn't sure. I'd like to have it with me in case we get our room early and are waiting on our checked luggage!
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP

10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #3233
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnac1218 View Post
are those lysol to go easy to find in stores? looking on amazon to order my Clorox hand and none of the lysol to go have free shipping.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 03-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #3234
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebabymu View Post
I ordered the Clorox hand sanitizing spray last night and saw the Lysol to go. Can you take those in your carry-on on the plane? I didn't get them because I wasn't sure. I'd like to have it with me in case we get our room early and are waiting on our checked luggage!
I have read that some people at both the Boston and Orlando airports (where I will be traveling) have put them in checked and carry on without a problem. I guess if they take it, I'll tell them to let me open if and spray my bags down before they confiscate the can. LOL It was only about $1.28, so not too much of a waste.

WDW Offsite October 1981

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 03-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #3235
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
are those lysol to go easy to find in stores? looking on amazon to order my Clorox hand and none of the lysol to go have free shipping.
Got mine at WalMart in Avon, MA the other day. With the makeup and travel sized items. I paid to ship the Clorox ones, but for the Lysol, head to WalMart!

WDW Offsite October 1981

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #3236
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have read that some people at both the Boston and Orlando airports (where I will be traveling) have put them in checked and carry on without a problem. I guess if they take it, I'll tell them to let me open if and spray my bags down before they confiscate the can. LOL It was only about $1.28, so not too much of a waste.
i wonder if they come in a package and if the package is closed would they let you?
Guess it all depends on the person. Last time DH forgot to put DS' medicine (liquid) in the suitcase - he had it in his jacket pocket, So he just threw it in his carryon and nobody ever questioned it.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 03-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #3237
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Beth, I am slightly emetophobic. I say slightly because the throwing up doe not affect me as much as the horrible nausea. Some people feel sick and can sleep...not me, I have had viruses where I pace back and forth because I can't sit still with nausea. Don't get me wrong, I hate the throwing up, too. Won't Amazon.com deliver to the UK? Or are you afraid of it not getting to you in time? I got Lysol to Go and Purell Advanced hand sanitizer. I figure it's better than nothing. My coworker has been out all week with Norovirus and I am staying as far from her as possible today, as she just came back to work. ICK.
If Amazon will ship stuff overseas, they'll usually only do so at exorbitant shipping rates. I imagine the taxes will be high as well unless something is available through the UK site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
Just received my PP+ pre-order CD. They're nice photos but I'm not sure what good they are. There's no one (except for a few CMs) in any of the hundreds of photos.

Does this count as MM (Mickey Mail)?

Still haven't gotten our ME tags. Our countdown is at 40 days.
I got one of those CDs with regular PhotoPass a few years ago. I have no idea where it is now. I really don't see a use for any of those pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebabymu View Post
You may want to double wrap any aerosols in case cabin pressure causes them to explode, but usually it's not a problem.
Past that, it's the same rules as all other liquids - 3oz and under in carry-ons. Everything else should go in your checked bags.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #3238
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm from Brockton, about 30 minutes south of Boston. I think we are taking Logan Express from Braintree, but my friend might be taking us all the way into the airport depending on traffic. You are on the North Shore, right? My brother lives in Georgetown, my niece is in Peabody, cousins in Salem...so I am up North a lot.
I was born in Boston and lived in Brockton until I was 8. I went to Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade at Hancock Elementary before moving to NH.

On another note --- We got our Magical Express stuff today!!!!! 34 days out now!!!!

I also ordered our Photopass + card today...getting close!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #3239
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I was born in Boston and lived in Brockton until I was 8. I went to Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade at Hancock Elementary before moving to NH.

On another note --- We got our Magical Express stuff today!!!!! 34 days out now!!!!

I also ordered our Photopass + card today...getting close!!!
Oooohh, we check in on the same day, maybe ours will come today too! Although it seems to take us a little longer to get mail here so I shouldn't get my hopes up. Still a couple of hours until the mail truck comes

I was finally able to order my PP+ this week, they had a heck of a time getting it upgraded from the regular CD I pre-ordered last year. I was just about to give up and do without, then I decided to check one more time, and sure enough, the credit was there

Can't wait until we are under a month - just a few more days!!

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly, Hilton GVC | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014: POR | Dec 2014 - WL | July 2015 - ASMusic | Nov 2015 - FW Campground
Old 03-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #3240
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Mousemommy1;47808279]I was born in Boston and lived in Brockton until I was 8. I went to Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade at Hancock Elementary before moving to NH.

What a small world! I was born in Melrose, we lived in Everett and I moved to Brockton when I was 14 months old. I went to Kindergarten at the Goddard, then elementary at St Edwards. Moved a lot more, then bought a house in Brockton with my DH when my first daughter was 18 months old...been here since.

WDW Offsite October 1981

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: