Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #3196
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

We are patiently awaiting the arrival of our Mickey Mail, but since my mom booked this trip as a TA through her host agency, it has to be sent to them first.

Also waiting for my Magical Ribbons so I can start shopping for outfits...I'm coordinating!

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Old 03-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #3197
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain
So, DH isn't deploying after all. He may still volunteer for one before the year is up (he's in a unit that doesn't deploy, which is part of the reason it was weird that he got mobilization orders in the first place). Disney is safe though!
Yay!! Very happy that Disney is safe for you Having all of your plans suddenly up in the air is a horrible feeling.

DH has thrown me a curve ball this week too- he walked in on Monday night and casually announced that his company is (once again) considering closing his office here in Colorado. If they do, he will either have to become a remote employee working from home (which he really doesn't want to do), or we would have to move to San Francisco (assuming they offer relocation benefits, which they probably would).

We went through this a year ago, and I was in a total frenzy for a whole month waiting for the "decision" to be made by tptb, and it actually felt a little anti-climactic when they decided to keep the office after all. I think I'm handling it a little better this time around, but DH isn't all of the sudden! He is such a ball of stress that he has been impossible to be around for 48 hours, lol! I'm just choosing to focus on Disney instead. With only 5 weeks left until we leave (yay!!!!), NOTHING is going to interfere with this trip! (Hopefully I didn't just jinx it, ha!)

I'm hoping for Mickey Mail soon- our mail seems to always be a little slow here, but maybe by this weekend at least Can't believe we are almost under a month already, where has the time gone???

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #3198
MKhead72
Have you ever stopped to think, and forgot to start again

OMG....could time possibly go any slower!! This is the longest 30 day countdown ever.

"I have yet to grow too old for the magic"

Nikon D90, Nikon D80 / Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 / Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 / Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6 / Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6 / Quantaray QF30
Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #3199
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnac1218 View Post
Officially 4 weeks out today and for some reason, I have been worrying like crazy that my family will come down with the stomach bug either right before or during the trip. Ughhh. I know I have zero control over it happening or not, but it is constantly on my mind.

Sometimes I think because I have overplanned and counted down for this trip for so long (and probably won't be back for at least several years), I just think it's destined to happen. I made the mistake of reading trip reports of people who went in Feb and Mar and ended up sick.

Maybe I should stop planning anything and just not think about it until the day we leave. LOL
OMG, me too. After all the counting down, and sooo much money, this is all I can think of too. I have been online for the past 2 days researching which hand sanitzers and disinfecting sprays kill norovirus, and everything else. I just now ordered Clorox spray for the room after finding out Lysol DOESnt kill noro, and ordered clorox hand sanitizer spray too since thats the only one they say kills it. NOW I feel prepared and not going to read anymore

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #3200
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
Yay!! Very happy that Disney is safe for you Having all of your plans suddenly up in the air is a horrible feeling.

DH has thrown me a curve ball this week too- he walked in on Monday night and casually announced that his company is (once again) considering closing his office here in Colorado. If they do, he will either have to become a remote employee working from home (which he really doesn't want to do), or we would have to move to San Francisco (assuming they offer relocation benefits, which they probably would).

We went through this a year ago, and I was in a total frenzy for a whole month waiting for the "decision" to be made by tptb, and it actually felt a little anti-climactic when they decided to keep the office after all. I think I'm handling it a little better this time around, but DH isn't all of the sudden! He is such a ball of stress that he has been impossible to be around for 48 hours, lol! I'm just choosing to focus on Disney instead. With only 5 weeks left until we leave (yay!!!!), NOTHING is going to interfere with this trip! (Hopefully I didn't just jinx it, ha!)

I'm hoping for Mickey Mail soon- our mail seems to always be a little slow here, but maybe by this weekend at least Can't believe we are almost under a month already, where has the time gone???
Well, I hope he calms down enough to enjoy your trip! I hate uncertainty, and there's a lot of it in the military.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #3201
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKhead72 View Post
OMG....could time possibly go any slower!! This is the longest 30 day countdown ever.
I know....I think once we went under 60, it started crawling. We started ours at 216, so its been a loooooong one.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
Old 03-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #3202
Amy162
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We are joining you in April! We haven't been to the World since August 2011, were planning to return August 2013 but I couldn't wait that long!! We will be arriving on my birthday, April 2!!! So excited! And we got our Mickey mail yesterday which makes it even more exciting!!

We are a bit nervous about the Spring Break crowds, but it's not our first trip so we are prepared for anything! And what a better way to spend Spring Break and my birthday!!

20 days to go!! Hope everyone has a great time!!!

Nov 98-1st Anniversary Trip May 07-1st Family Trip May 09-Very WET Disney Vacation Nov 09-12th Anniversary & MVMCP Oct 10-MNSSHP Aug 11-SURPRISE, We're going to Disney! Jan 12 Disney Dream Apr 13 Birthday Trip!!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #3203
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam

OMG, me too. After all the counting down, and sooo much money, this is all I can think of too. I have been online for the past 2 days researching which hand sanitzers and disinfecting sprays kill norovirus, and everything else. I just now ordered Clorox spray for the room after finding out Lysol DOESnt kill noro, and ordered clorox hand sanitizer spray too since thats the only one they say kills it. NOW I feel prepared and not going to read anymore
Thanks for the tip!! We had this last year on our trip and it was horrible!! I will be getting the Clorox hand sanitizer now! Do you know what stores have it and if the younger ones can use it?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #3204
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjrfan88

They will be added to your KTTW card or RFID bracelet or whatever they are using when we all get there. Unless you bought your tickets from an outside source you wont have a paper ticket that you hand in at the turnstiles.
I think we'll get a KTTW. I wrote to WL IPO asking if i could request that my wife get a white bracelet when she arrives on Apr 24. The IPO (promptly) replied that they are not allowed to order any bracelets for April.

I don't know if other resorts might have different rules.

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #3205
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

I just can't take this wait anymore.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #3206
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsvacations View Post
Anyon have any thoughts on this day as far as a park is concerned?? I am planning on MK per EasyWDW BUT Touring plans has this is a park to avoid and the busiest part for the day ????? Thanks
We are doing Hollywood Studios that day based on the two crowd calendars I had at the time.

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #3207
donnac1218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post

LOL...so I am not alone! I think I might need to get some of that Clorox spray, too. Then I am with you, no more reading about it!

WDW Offsite October 1981
WDW Wildnerness Lodge Honeymoon June 1998
WDW All-Star Music July 2010
WDW Art of Animation April 2013

DH Me DD(14) DD(11)

Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #3208
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how (or even if you can) to move around the parks/ reservations / activities under My Disney Experience so you can put them in the order you actually plan on doing them????

Old 03-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #3209
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
So, DH isn't deploying after all. He may still volunteer for one before the year is up (he's in a unit that doesn't deploy, which is part of the reason it was weird that he got mobilization orders in the first place). Disney is safe though!

I still have your dates and resort on Post 1. But I don't have any ADRs or PTR listed for you. So glad things have worked out so wonderfully for you!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #3210
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post

Well, you can take care of the room but think of all the things you touch in the parks. You need to make frequent trips to the bathrooms to wash with soap and water to really do the job right. I just read that restaurant menus have one of the highest rates of e coli -- eww! I think my new habit will be to visit the ladies' room after ordering my food instead of when we arrive at the restaurant.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: