Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #2836
WDWNext
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
We celebrate our 36th on the 23rd. Breakfast at Trails End and dinner at Le Cellier.
Wow, Congratulations !! and wish you have a great trip !!
You gor an ADR at the Cellier ? thats awesome !!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #2837
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
So, this weeks topic --- MKs family of the day. Has anyone ever been picked of know someone who has? I've got an urge to go for it........i wonder how early u have to get there?
My aunt, uncle, and two cousins were picked when they visited Disney World for the first time last June. I know the major thing is that they were asked pretty early in the morning. They were one of the first families there, arriving to MK around 7am because the kids were so excited to go to Disney World. They didn't chat anyone up, but a CM directly approached them - apparently she pulled away my uncle and spoke to him privately so my aunt and the kids had no idea what was going on. They weren't matching outfits or anything but the two kids just had on Disney shirts. It was their first time in Disney - I don't know if they were wearing 1st visit buttons and if they were, if that might have helped. I think for this day the biggest thing was being there super early, having cute kids, and looking super excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAND3KIDS View Post
But what is it that the family that does get picked gets? I've never heard of this.
I found it interesting that the link posted said they only got a fastpass for Mickey because my aunt had a different experience. They did the welcome show, were invited to ride the firetruck down main street (I know usually anyone can do this but like I said it was their first time in Disney so they had no idea!). But the big thing is they were given VIP treatment for the day - a CM acted as their tour guide, I believe for the first few hours they were in the parks, got to go in all the fast pass lines, and had reserved parade/fireworks viewing. I'm not sure why their experience seems so different than the one posted, and what the norm is, but I figured I'd share!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #2838
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
My aunt, uncle, and two cousins were picked when they visited Disney World for the first time last June. I know the major thing is that they were asked pretty early in the morning. They were one of the first families there, arriving to MK around 7am because the kids were so excited to go to Disney World. They didn't chat anyone up, but a CM directly approached them - apparently she pulled away my uncle and spoke to him privately so my aunt and the kids had no idea what was going on. They weren't matching outfits or anything but the two kids just had on Disney shirts. It was their first time in Disney - I don't know if they were wearing 1st visit buttons and if they were, if that might have helped. I think for this day the biggest thing was being there super early, having cute kids, and looking super excited!

I found it interesting that the link posted said they only got a fastpass for Mickey because my aunt had a different experience. They did the welcome show, were invited to ride the firetruck down main street (I know usually anyone can do this but like I said it was their first time in Disney so they had no idea!). But the big thing is they were given VIP treatment for the day - a CM acted as their tour guide, I believe for the first few hours they were in the parks, got to go in all the fast pass lines, and had reserved parade/fireworks viewing. I'm not sure why their experience seems so different than the one posted, and what the norm is, but I figured I'd share!
My guess is that it probably varies from day to day based on what they have available. It seems the only common denominator is that you get to stand on the platform to open the park. Everything else is just a bonus.

I still doubt I could convince DH get up extra early just for a possibility.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #2839
PrinceAdam
Earning My Ears

Made the final payment. Yay!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #2840
hineline07
Earning My Ears

41 days and counting for our first trip, we're so excited!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #2841
kpmdjm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAdam
Made the final payment. Yay!
My husband said he can't figure out how to make our final payment online. Can anyone help????
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #2842
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmdjm View Post
My husband said he can't figure out how to make our final payment online. Can anyone help????
I haven't tried yet but I've been hearing that the new site won't let you make payments online. Several people have posted about finding a "back door" into the old site by going to the "Order Customized Maps" link, and have been able to successfully make a payment that way. I haven't yet, but was going to try that trick sometime this week since we are getting close to our 45 days.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #2843
Misti315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hineline07
41 days and counting for our first trip, we're so excited!
Us too!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #2844
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

just did online checkin!
Does every resort give you different room request options? For AoA the options were: ground floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, top floor, close to transportation.....and I think there was one more but I forget what it was. I chose top floor and close to transportation.

I'm still not PIF. My PIF date is tomorrow and I owe like $300. I know I could just throw it on a cc but i have such an aversion to charging stuff. Hopefully they don't cancel me before I get paid Wednesday, lol.
And then I still need to add the dining plan but will have to wait 'til I have the $$ to pay that in full. Ugh, money is getting tighter and tighter it seems. We also will have to pay Uncle Sam right before we go which sucks.....
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #2845
Misti315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
just did online checkin!
Does every resort give you different room request options? For AoA the options were: ground floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, top floor, close to transportation.....and I think there was one more but I forget what it was. I chose top floor and close to transportation.

I'm still not PIF. My PIF date is tomorrow and I owe like $300. I know I could just throw it on a cc but i have such an aversion to charging stuff. Hopefully they don't cancel me before I get paid Wednesday, lol.
And then I still need to add the dining plan but will have to wait 'til I have the $$ to pay that in full. Ugh, money is getting tighter and tighter it seems. We also will have to pay Uncle Sam right before we go which sucks.....
Ours was supposed to be paid on the 21st, but our refund got held up by education credits. They sent us am email and said it had to be paid by the 30 day mark. Luckily we get our money this Wednesday. You should be fine.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #2846
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
My guess is that it probably varies from day to day based on what they have available. It seems the only common denominator is that you get to stand on the platform to open the park. Everything else is just a bonus.

I still doubt I could convince DH get up extra early just for a possibility.
My family got picked a year ago. It was more than just standing on the platform during opening ceremony. We got to go into the park about 45 minutes before they let the crowds in. A CM took us around Main Street and we had over 100 PhotoPass photos taken of us on Main Street and in front of the castle with NOBODY else around. It was very very cool. We got to be backstage with the opening ceremony crew (the dancers).

We got one FastPass good for any attraction that day.

We didn't do anything special to get picked. And we're a pretty average family with average looking kids who were wearing average clothes. It just sort of happened.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #2847
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
We also will have to pay Uncle Sam right before we go which sucks.....
I thought it was strangely ironic that our taxes will be debited from our account 3 days before we leave, and that the amount of taxes we owe is almost exactly what our WDW vacation is costing

That's going to feel like one expensive week!

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #2848
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear

I haven't tried yet but I've been hearing that the new site won't let you make payments online. Several people have posted about finding a "back door" into the old site by going to the "Order Customized Maps" link, and have been able to successfully make a payment that way. I haven't yet, but was going to try that trick sometime this week since we are getting close to our 45 days.
I PIF last night using the "back door" through the customizable maps link! Make sure you're logged in on the new site, click the order customized maps link then up in top click "my reservations". This took me to a page that had my balance and due date in red on top like in the old site. When I clicked that I was able to pay it! Got my "invoice " e-mailed today so I know it went through!

Now that we're all paid off my Mickey Mail needs to hurry up and get here!!
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP

10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 02-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #2849
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

I paid in full last night too...yay!! I didn't have any trouble with the website. I just went to the page where my reservation is showing and clicked the make a payment icon. It's feeling more real now! Now I just have to order my PP+ and decide if I want to send a gift basket to the room. I've sent baskets in the past but I cannot remember where I got them from. Anyone have any ideas?
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #2850
elfling8
Mouseketeer

People that are having trouble getting to the pay your balance page on the website - try this link:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/
I saw it posted on another thread and it worked for me.

When does your Mickey Mail usually arrive? I'm waiting very impatiently. Does anyone know if you pre-ordered photopass+ if that info comes with the MMail? When we paid, it looked like the price reflected the pp+ addition, but it didn't have it as a line item on the receipt anywhere.

By the end of the week we will only be one calendar page flip from our trip!!!

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: