Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #2746
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Mini happy dance!

Hi again guys! I am doing a mini happy dance today! Our Mickey and Minnie ears came today! I also bought two new shirts that I love! Thought I would post pics just cause I wanna!

So...they are normal bride/groom ear hats, but I added something to the back!

Darn it! The picture is cut off at the edges. Anyway, they say 15 years! I thought it was a good idea, so I hope it doesn't look weird.

And...my new shirts. I am going with a Mickey and Minnie in love theme as the people in my husband's company call us Mickey Marc and Minnie Melissa.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #2747
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeltdisneygirl View Post
Hi again guys! I am doing a mini happy dance today! Our Mickey and Minnie ears came today! I also bought two new shirts that I love! Thought I would post pics just cause I wanna!
Looks Awesome!

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #2748
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Well done!!!

Monica
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #2749
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

love them!

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #2750
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

Yes, we may be crazy, but we paid to upgrade our phones early and we're getting iPhones to help with our upcoming Disney trip. We've been discussing getting iPhones since they came out, and talked about it last year when we got our current phones, but didn't make the leap at the time.

My DH is already planning to get an iPhone case at WDW. He wants a Pirates one, LOL.

On another note, what are you doing for countdown calendars? We need to do something to stop the questions about how long until we go to Disney World? Heck, we went to Iowa this past weekend, and my DD told her whole K class that we were going to Florida.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #2751
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBarb
Yes, we may be crazy, but we paid to upgrade our phones early and we're getting iPhones to help with our upcoming Disney trip. We've been discussing getting iPhones since they came out, and talked about it last year when we got our current phones, but didn't make the leap at the time.

My DH is already planning to get an iPhone case at WDW. He wants a Pirates one, LOL.

On another note, what are you doing for countdown calendars? We need to do something to stop the questions about how long until we go to Disney World? Heck, we went to Iowa this past weekend, and my DD told her whole K class that we were going to Florida.
There are lots of free countdown calendars available for the iPhone. I use "Disney World Countdown" by Minnieware. Rather than an app, it's widget that you place one your screen. It does do anything except show the number of days left. I put mine on my bottom line tray so it's always visible. (I like simple!)

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)

Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #2752
Blackbeltdisneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Looks Awesome!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Well done!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
love them!
Hoping these two are meant for me or I will feel silly! If they are...thank you!! You all rock!!!

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #2753
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

I've been feeling very un-disney like lately.....been feeling crappy for a week now and found out today its pneumonia. Hopefully i'll be back to thinking Disney thought soon after the meds start kicking in.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - AKL!*
Old 02-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #2754
Blackbeltdisneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
I've been feeling very un-disney like lately.....been feeling crappy for a week now and found out today its pneumonia. Hopefully i'll be back to thinking Disney thought soon after the meds start kicking in.
Aw...boo. Feel better!!!

Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #2755
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. Just remember that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!

Monica
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #2756
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I LOVE that idea! I might have to modify DH and I's ears from our Disneymoon if we every make it back for a significant anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBarb View Post

You're not crazy. I'm seriously considering activating my iPhone just for Disney. I need a cell phone eventually anyways, and I've been stalling over reactivating the iPhone I had in Korea.

DS is still too young to even realize what's going on, but I've seen several ideas.
One is to make a chain with the number of days you have left on it, and remove a link as the days pass.
Another is to make a box with all the dates or number of days written on something (flowers, mickey silhouette etc) and put them on a big posterboard. Once the box is empty, it's time to go.
Or you could just go with the classic cross off calendar.
The idea is just to make something tactile that shows exactly when you're leaving.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #2757
allthingsmickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Darn it! The picture is cut off at the edges. Anyway, they say 15 years! I thought it was a good idea, so I hope it doesn't look weird.

And...my new shirts. I am going with a Mickey and Minnie in love theme as the people in my husband's company call us Mickey Marc and Minnie Melissa.

These are so cute!

I am doing my own happy dance since we finally booked a trip for April 27-May 4 We will be at the Grand Floridian. We are giving ourselves a splurge since we had saved a good bit of money thinking we were going to owe taxes this year, but it turns out we should be getting a refund. I think that calls for 3 bananas.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #2758
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The meds will work but you must rest also. If you don't rest, you'll be sick again as soon as the meds are finished. Take care of yourself and let others take care of you for at least a week or so. I speak from experience! I'm praying you are as good as new by the time your trip comes around.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #2759
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hope you feel better soon

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #2760
tlh4hart
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
I work in health care and since the flu is rampant i am so afraid it will hit. I did have my flu shot. but I could get the strain thats not included in the shot, taking vitamin c and sanitizing everything in site LOL. I hope you feel better soon. make sure you rest and take all your need don't stop even if you feel better after a few doses.

Sent from my Xoom using DISBoards
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: