Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #91
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

You don't have to be on site but you have to call them directly. You can't make reservations through the normal restaurant reservations number.

The number for the DLH is 00 33 1 60 45 65 00

If you look over at the other thread for the CG you've got some pictures of food that I've linked from May this year

Since then you've got some from June which are a net improvement plus the latest tasting menu

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:08 AM   #92
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
Thanks for the additional bits of info. Matches largely my assumptions but I appreciate the clarity.

I agree very much you are paying for an experience and while I realise the food may not be the best in the world...I do know DBF might want to try dining there so I'm just wondering (if anyone happened to know or knew the restaurant well enough to 'work it out') if you were paying 'a lot' for that experience. Because for me if he wants to try there ANYWAY I would like the experience...but it does depend a bit on finances and if any good news lands this way for once
As I say...just trying to have all the information rolling around in the head to work it out.
DBF is a foodie so will likely pick out if the food isn't the best but at the same time we are both Disney nuts so... that location does matter too.

As for the bit I've bolded. Does that mean that you don't book through the normal dining number? Do you need to be staying on site?

Thanks again.
I ate at CG a few years ago (obviously not the dreams package) and the food was amazing. We did the tasting menu where there were about 8 courses and the food was chosen for you. I cant remember how much it cost but it was no where near 199 Euros - possibly about 60E per person. The prices have obviously gone up a lot in the past few yrs but it still looks to me as though you are paying a lot for the experience.
The normal menu for CG may have changed by the time you go as its seasonal but my advice would be to go into DLH and check the normal menu (its outside the restaurant), then go to the concierge and ask about the experience and then you can make an informed decision - either way Im sure you will love the food there if you are a foodie.

And no you dont need to be staying onsite to eat there
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #93
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

I'm looking but I haven't found a CG thread yet

The "Tasting Menu" according to DLRP magic site is currently
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/di...ifornia-grill/
Tasting Menu ... €99.50

Appetizers
House foie gras in a spice bread crust, candied Provins rose petals and Sichuan pepper sorbet
Scrambled egg white and French caviar, piquillo pepper coulis
Surf and turf platter (1/2 lobster and 1/2 Carolais beef fillet) with garnishes
Our cheese trolley
Fresh fruit and chocolate fondue

So yeah...it's a "lot" for the experience depending on how you value the apertif and champange. Because the drinks are the KILLER at EVERY restaurant in DLRP....
Although I could get an appetiser, top main, and dessert for under 100...

ETA - found it and bumped it up...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....lifornia+grill
Very appreciative for that link. Which includes photos looking out etc.

I think the crux of it will be if we feel we'll have time to enjoy the moment and if we are happy with the menu.
Any WDW people familiar with Bay Lake Tower and that members have access to a club on the roof which has views across the the castle and "Wishes" I do actually 'get' now the difference. And as I've seen Wishes lots of times and that half the magic is in the music, watching it from your room balcony or the club is special.
So THIS could be equally special. But the view is NEVER as good as being in front of the castle and we would probably want to see it in front of the castle before doing this CG package anyway so we 'knew' it.

Anyway. All info taken on board to think now. At least we can decide closer to the time. Unlike WDW where you book 180 days out or ELSE

Last edited by queenie82; 08-11-2012 at 06:16 AM.
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #94
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
I'm looking but I haven't found a CG thread yet

The "Tasting Menu" according to DLRP magic site is currently
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/di...ifornia-grill/
Tasting Menu ... €99.50

Appetizers
House foie gras in a spice bread crust, candied Provins rose petals and Sichuan pepper sorbet
Scrambled egg white and French caviar, piquillo pepper coulis
Surf and turf platter (1/2 lobster and 1/2 Carolais beef fillet) with garnishes
Our cheese trolley
Fresh fruit and chocolate fondue
Sorry I forgot the link That's what you get being here and watching the Olympics at the same time

As you can see that menu is out of date. I'll translate on the other thread as this thread is more concerning the 40€ menu than the CG experience

Just for info the photos from May reflect that menu ^^ and that's what makes me go euh for 100€ I want more than that

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #95
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Sorry I forgot the link That's what you get being here and watching the Olympics at the same time

As you can see that menu is out of date. I'll translate on the other thread as this thread is more concerning the 40€ menu than the CG experience

Just for info the photos from May reflect that menu ^^ and that's what makes me go euh for 100€ I want more than that
My point in mentioning THAT was because it is comparing to the mention of the tasting menu being "60E" a few years ago...
Only reason for bringing it up....
And I agree....that tasting menu ain't appetising for that price

As for the Olympics...yesh...that Mountain Bike course was designed by a sadist!!!
But it's just...you....can't.....take....your....eyes....aw ay....

Sorry for distracting away from the 40Euro which yes this is mainly about...
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #96
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Quote:
My point in mentioning THAT was because it is comparing to the mention of the tasting menu being "60E" a few years ago...
Only reason for bringing it up....
And I agree....that tasting menu ain't appetising for that price

As for the Olympics...yesh...that Mountain Bike course was designed by a sadist!!!
But it's just...you....can't.....take....your....eyes....aw ay....

Sorry for distracting away from the 40Euro which yes this is mainly about...

I only guessed at it being 60E a few yrs ago - I did a review in the restaurant sticky and checked it earlier as I thought Id put the price but hadnt. It was definitely worth the money though

Edited to add - Ive just found a picture of the menu we had and the taster menu was 71 Euros - that was in Feb 09
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL

Last edited by A Small World; 08-11-2012 at 09:03 AM.
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #97
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Has anyone seen any current menus or photos for the Dreams meals in Walt's, BL or SSS with the added choices please? Been looking around online but not seen any recent ones yet.

Thanks.
Figgygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #98
Sweetsus
Mouseketeer

Bumping this to see if anyone knows what the updated menus are. Figgygirl did you manage to find them? I've booked blue lagoon but now i'm not too sure.......

Our Happily Ever After : 28th April 2010 - WP/Whitehall/UK Lochside
Sweetsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #99
SleepingX3Beauty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsus View Post
Bumping this to see if anyone knows what the updated menus are. Figgygirl did you manage to find them? I've booked blue lagoon but now i'm not too sure.......
Bumping again, seeing as I'm curious too! Would love to book this for our October trip and for November with my mum if me and the boyfriend like it in October... Would be perfect for her, not having to wait long yet still getting a great view and I think she'll love the food!
Tough I would like some security as to there being steak on the menu, seeing as I am quite fussy and don't like any other items on the menu but the childrens choices.
SleepingX3Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #100
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Sorry - I havn't come across any new menus yet, but I will be there from 3rd to 5th October, ( hurrah! ) so will be checking this.
People are booking Dreams Meals for October, so seems they have extended them beyond their original proposed end date of 30th September, but I havn't heard about November yet.

A poster on this forum thread recently tried to book Walt's for Dreams dinner on weekend 27th / 28th October and was told it is only open for lunch, and closed on Monday. They were able to book Blue Lagoon for Dreams dinner instead.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...de_France.html

Personally I like to be right in front of the Castle to watch Dreams, so the VIP area doesn't appeal to me. Good for those who don't want to get a place early though, especially if they have young children, with space for buggies / pushchairs.

Say hi / buonasera to Italian Guest Flow CM named Lino if he is still there - lovely chap, very friendly. He told me he is employed just for Dreams Guest Flow - lucky man!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/figgygi...57630252894058
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #101
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

sorry if this is a completely obtuse question but i dont understand how blue lagoon can offer a dreams dinner....surely there is no view of dreams inside the blue lagoon restaurant

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #102
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
sorry if this is a completely obtuse question but i dont understand how blue lagoon can offer a dreams dinner....surely there is no view of dreams inside the blue lagoon restaurant
Hi nicola,

You don't watch Dreams from the restaurants - the Dreams Meals include a wristband which then allows access to a roped off area on Central Plaza, in front of the Dreams Control Centre building, facing the Castle, looking across the circle of Central Plaza.

You have to be at the VIP area at least 30 mins before Dreams begins. It doesn't give the best view, but it does save having to wait for some time to secure a spot, especially if the park is busy. People with young children and buggies have said it was worth doing to have more space, as numbers are limited in this area.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #103
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgygirl View Post
Hi nicola,

You don't watch Dreams from the restaurants - the Dreams Meals include a wristband which then allows access to a roped off area on Central Plaza, in front of the Dreams Control Centre building, facing the Castle, looking across the circle of Central Plaza.

You have to be at the VIP area at least 30 mins before Dreams begins.
It doesn't give the best view, but it does save having to wait for some time to secure a spot, especially if the park is busy. People with young children and buggies have said it was worth doing to have more space, as numbers are limited in this area.
Do you really? I didn't turn up to watch Dreams until about 20 minutes before it started (not in the VIP area) and we found a spot we could both see with no problem. I was busy riding BTM in the dark until then .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #104
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

That's what it says in the description of the Dreams Meals. Remember that it does depend on crowd levels.
I got my place in front of the Castle as soon as they put the rope across Castle Bridge entrance at 9pm for 11pm show, and the front line filled up very quickly!
The ground was wet as it had been raining, so people didn't sit down. On my last night it had been a warm sunny day, and people sat on the ground to watch Dreams, so others behind had a better view of the Castle and projections. They don't insist people sit though, and some will always stand.

I took this photo from in front of the VIP area, so this is roughly the view you would have, but remember that Central Plaza could be full of people standing up, maybe with kids on their shoulders - not empty like in my photo!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7106/7...6c8df2a2_z.jpg
Old 09-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #105
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

In June we turned up 10 mins (max) before Dreams and had no problem being let into the VIP area - in fact people arrived after us.

I would recommend it with young children - we had one in a pushchair who got the best view of the nights we watched it. DD1 (standing) also got the best view. The massive plus being you can arrive so late and not stand around long.

Some people have said you can arrive 15 mins or so before and get just as good a view outside the VIP area - yes, but with children that is much, much harder - we never really managed that well the other nights and waited anything from 40 mins to 20 mins before...

If it's on in Nov, I'm not sure what we will do - don't think we want to eat where they are offering it this time!?

If it's not on, I know where I will be standing !

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: