Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #31
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

Thanks so much for all the info Carrie Cat. I am considering Walts one night. The kids would be fine and I like the lamb so it will depend whether I can convince OH to give up a nice steak! I think I will wait and see how good people think the view before I decide for definate.

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #32
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Meh....

I'm not in love with any of those menus. And for 40E and you still have to arrive 30 minutes prior I think I'd rather nip out, grab and Earl and hold my space for an hour.
I'm with you! I would much rather have a earl and save our selves 68 euros plus!

X
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #33
jeskat
Mouseketeer

Hi posted yesterday on this i really want to eat at the silver spur, keeping an eye on all the info about the special menus. We have never been to DLP before so no experience of the shows, queing, times etc etc so after reading all the above posts will be keeping an eye out for reviews and posts on this but just wondered what peoples opinions were of this for a first timer? Thanks
Old 03-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #34
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I think you'll need to wait until the reports start filtering through on whether it'll be worth it for you. There's a few months until your trip so hopefully you'll get a balanced view in plenty of time for you to decide.

I don't think the preferred viewing area will be better in terms of what you can see but it will mean you're guaranteed a space within it (provided you turn up in time). Do you have young children in your family? If so it could be well worth doing it just to minimise the wait time although looking at your ticker I estimate you're going late September/early October(?) in which case it shouldn't be too crowded so far less likelihood of needing to stake out a spot in advance like in July/August.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #35
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Thank you for updating the info and calling them Carrie Cat .

Hmmm, I'm tempted for our June trip but still not 100% sold on it. I think that the thing that makes it easier for me is being able to have your meal any time in the day (lunch onwards) and collect your band rather than having to eat quite late (which is what I had envisaged with 2 young children!).

I still worry that the girls would be tired on that night and one of us would end up standing there on our own to watch Dreams while the other takes the girls to the hotel to sleep!

Hope that once the reviews filter in, that we can decide properly (and if we do decide to book, that it is early enough that we can do so).
Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #36
jeskat
Mouseketeer

Thanks fot the advice ware bears, i will definatley be keeping a look out for reports, as you say we have plenty time, i just cant help myself!!

Our girls will be 5 and 4 so i am a little worried about the crowds/queing/waiting as we have never experienced anything on this level but i am picking up lots of tips on going with little ones.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #37
princessmummy
You'll remember me when you've met me!

I phoned to book my meals for next week but decided against booking the meals VIP plan for now. I still have a couple of vacant dining slots for the end of our trip. I thoyght I'd watch the first night (if I'm still awake) and suss out if its worth it. I do want to eat in Walts but want to have the whole menu to choose from! For that money you can have the 'top' 3 coursw meal in Blue Lagoon. I'll try and post something on Sunday night or Monday!

princessmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #38
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Great Princessmummy - that would be fab if you could let us know on your return

Have a fantastic trip!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #39
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskat View Post
Thanks fot the advice ware bears, i will definatley be keeping a look out for reports, as you say we have plenty time, i just cant help myself!!

Our girls will be 5 and 4 so i am a little worried about the crowds/queing/waiting as we have never experienced anything on this level but i am picking up lots of tips on going with little ones.
i(m trying to work out when you are going but if it's as I think after the 30th Septembre, these meals will (as it stands at present) no longer be offered

If you are going then there will a lot less people in the parks as no school holidays so queing/waiting/crowds will be much more bearable

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #40
jeskat
Mouseketeer

Hi Carrie cat we arrive early morning sept 28th for 4 nights so we catch the last couple of days i think, didnt actually know any of this was happening till i had booked really excited about reading peoples reports over the next couple of months!!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #41
smallpig
Mouseketeer

Thank you Carrie Cat.

I can see the appeal of not having to stake out your place for an hour to get a good view, but to be honest we would rather have a slightly limited view and spend the time on the rides anyway, so not sure it's worth it for us, especially without kids to consider! Decisions decisions..!

Although it's always nice to feel like a VIP!

We are going at end of April, so there will be plenty of TRs by then but will be sure to report back as well!

Trip reports

No TR but Orlando and WDW - Feb/March 13

June 2011: Very hot summer trip report

October 2011 Halloween trip

April 2012
We just can't stay away...
smallpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #42
Kittina
Mouseketeer

Thank you Carrie for asking about veggie options. I think that I will ask at the hotel when I check in, or in the restaurant too.. Swapping would be OK with me and they can't complain as the vege meals are always cheaper! but I would need to see the new menu before as well (damn allergies as well, makes it so hard to plan meals).

WDW Split stay Old Key West and Animal Kingdom Villas booked April 2013 !!
Kittina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #43
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittina View Post
Thank you Carrie for asking about veggie options. I think that I will ask at the hotel when I check in, or in the restaurant too.. Swapping would be OK with me and they can't complain as the vege meals are always cheaper! but I would need to see the new menu before as well (damn allergies as well, makes it so hard to plan meals).
I'm going one night this week all being well so I'll check and see if normal menus have changed yet or not. Last season they rolled out over Nov/Dec and Apr/May so it might be too early ..I'll update the restaurant sticky when I find them

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #44
Kittina
Mouseketeer

Thank you - you are a star! I'm such an awkward eater and with allergies too(anaphylaxsis if im not careful) seeing menus beforehand makes it soooo much easier for me to make reservations and plan etc. Your help is much appreciated. Hope you enjoy your visit this week

WDW Split stay Old Key West and Animal Kingdom Villas booked April 2013 !!
Kittina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #45
dogears
Earning My Ears

We got back last night and were offered the dreams menu when we arrived at Walts so you don't have to prebook that particular meal. We didnt take it and our view of the show was fine. Haven't studied the menus fully but whilst in the restaurant the dreams menu seemed to be the same stuff as the what was on the normal menu but just a bit pricier.

Sorry cant give you anymore details as we didn't do the dreams offer as the waiters didn't really have much knowledge of it. In fact the whole walts experience was a bit of a shambles but that's another story....
dogears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: