Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Help! Going to DLP (first time) in 1 week for wife's 40th birthday!

Hi,
I am taking my wife to Paris for three nights for her 40th birthday next weekend and she has suddenly announced that she would like to go to Disneyland for her actual birthday (Monday 4 March)!!

So, we have never been, and I have done no research or planning!! We have just bought one day hopper tickets.

Can you help with:

- any top tips?
- any must do's
- given we have one day, should we just stick to the Disneyland Park (our tickets cover both)
- can you recommend a nice restaurant for her birthday lunch or dinner - we are not keen on seafood and would like to be finished before the Dreams show

Thanks,
Matthew
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
sky13
Mouseketeer

My list of top tips:
- Get there early (but think you might know this given that you've done other Disney parks before! )
- Unless I remember wrongly, the Fastpass system is not connected between Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park - might be useful depending on how much park hopping you might want to do...
- Just enjoy how beautiful Disneyland Paris is - it is really incredibly themed, and the castle is amazing (and has a dragon in the basement!).

My list of 'must dos':
- Dreams!
- Rides-wise, my list of rides that I try to ride when I visit include: Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Space Mountain (Disneyland Park); Rock n Roller Coaster, Crush's Coaster, Tower of Terror (Walt Disney Studios).
- I try to see the parade - they currently have a 20th anniversary version which is quite good.

Park-hopping wise, in my books Disneyland >>> WDS. However there are a few good rides/shows in WDS (Crush's Coaster is fantastic - but unfortunately always has a very long queue), so it might be worth hopping over for those. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get from one park to the other (they are right beside each other).

The only table service restaurant I've eaten in in DLP is Walt's (went because of all the good things I've heard about it). It is excellent, very good food/service, good atmosphere, and if you're lucky you can get a table by a window overlooking Main Street! I'm not sure if it will be open when you visit though (as have heard it is closed on certain days of the week)?

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 : Walt Disney World 2001 : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Walt's is closed on Mon/Tues which is a shame as I would have recommended it also.

Blue Lagoon is closed due to the POTC refurb but they have a fish/seafood heavy menu so maybe not a great shame.

You are only going to be left with the buffets tbh or California Grill in the DLH could be nice for a special occasion meal but you'd be in there a good couple of hours.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tips. After a bit more research, decided to book Inventions (in Disneyland Hotel) for the meal, after park closing (Dreams starts at park closing 8pm so booked meal for 9pm). The food looks nice plus characters and maximises touring time! Walts was my second choice, although didnt realise it was closed on Monday so good job really!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #5
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Thanks for the tips. After a bit more research, decided to book Inventions (in Disneyland Hotel) for the meal, after park closing (Dreams starts at park closing 8pm so booked meal for 9pm). The food looks nice plus characters and maximises touring time! Walts was my second choice, although didnt realise it was closed on Monday so good job really!
I was going to suggest Inventions so good choice.

We're not too fussed on characters, so did lunch last time, and it was lovely and quiet and great food, so if you do get hungry around lunchtime you'd be able to walk up. But if you've only got one day then I think after park closing is the best plan for you both.

If you're WDW fans then you might be pleased to know there's an Earl of Sandwich in the Disney Village - so if you did want a tasty lunch too and a break from the parks then that's only a 10 minute walk out to the village.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
I was going to suggest Inventions so good choice.

We're not too fussed on characters, so did lunch last time, and it was lovely and quiet and great food, so if you do get hungry around lunchtime you'd be able to walk up. But if you've only got one day then I think after park closing is the best plan for you both.

If you're WDW fans then you might be pleased to know there's an Earl of Sandwich in the Disney Village - so if you did want a tasty lunch too and a break from the parks then that's only a 10 minute walk out to the village.
Mmmm, Earl of Sandwich - thanks for the tip
Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
briandclement
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Hi,
I am taking my wife to Paris for three nights for her 40th birthday next weekend and she has suddenly announced that she would like to go to Disneyland for her actual birthday (Monday 4 March)!!

So, we have never been, and I have done no research or planning!! We have just bought one day hopper tickets.

Can you help with:

- any top tips?
- any must do's
- given we have one day, should we just stick to the Disneyland Park (our tickets cover both)
- can you recommend a nice restaurant for her birthday lunch or dinner - we are not keen on seafood and would like to be finished before the Dreams show

Thanks,
Matthew

When I go to Disneyland for one day I usually start with the studios, run to Crush's Coaster, then do Tower of Terror and Rock'n Roller coaster (this last ride is the same in America). They do have a nice show called Animagique too. Go by the Toy Story section that was created for this park and inspired ToyStory land in Hong Kong I think. Then by lunch time, it will be time to go to the other park. At the end of Main Street you will find a board with waiting times on your right. Check that and go take FastPass for Big Thunder Moutain. Peter Pan's Flight is a bit the same as in America. You need to know that Space Moutain is nothing like there, it has loops and is pretty violent !!!! I've stopped going on it as my head hurts everytime. Phantom Manor, Buzz Lightyear, Indiana Jones, the train going round the park, the labirynth... this park offers beautiful places !!!
Dreams is a one of a kind show, don't miss it ! If the park is crowded you might want to be early as Central Plaza is small compaired with Central Plaza in WDW.
Inventions is a great choice ! You won't regret it !
briandclement is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: