Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #61
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
No problem. Porta potty smell makes me almost puke.
It was Tommorland across from the Speedway next to Cosmic Ray.
Yes, I agree Porta Potties first thing in the morning when my nerves
Were already frazzled and excited would have been too much! Plus being able to
Wash hand was nice!!

Old 03-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #62
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I noticed a couple of new runDisney items at the Disney Store.com.
If anyone is on the fence about ordering one of the cute shirts they have at the Disney Store, today you can get 25% off using HAPPY25 to celebrate their anniversary! I think I'm going to get a shirt and a magnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa3Princess View Post
This is what I hope for. Disney by far has some of the best medals around.
I really hope they have some nice commemorative race swag.
I'm also hoping for some good swag. This will be my first race, and it's cool that I'm doing it on a special day. I hope the medals are even more gorgeous than they usually are!!!

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #63
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post
I'm also hoping for some good swag. This will be my first race, and it's cool that I'm doing it on a special day. I hope the medals are even more gorgeous than they usually are!!!
I'm sure they will have plenty of 5th annvsy items for SALE. Swag? Don't count on anything, and I mean anything, other than the medal and the shirt. 2011 we got a cute little mesh drawstring bag, the shirt and a mini Lara bar in our pickup stuff. Last year? Ummm... just the shirt. I saw some people walking around with a drawstring bag, but most of the folks I know did not get one. As far as Disney goes, you are def. paying for the course entertainment and NOT the swag. Which is fine with me, I guess - I'd much rather have the fun experience than a bunch of freebies that I may or may not use.

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #64
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

I'm in - assuming all goes as planned, the 2013 Princess will be my first half-marathon The plan is to do it with a group of amazing ladies I've known - some online and others in real life - for years, thanks to the DIS. We're scattered all over the country, but will converge for Princess weekend. I'm all out of DVC points, so I'll be waiting for passholder rates to come out before booking a room.

As for training, I'm a Galloway gal. Used his 5K program for the Tangled 5K this past Feb. and I'm following his 10K program now. I don't actually have a 10K planned, but I need short-term goals, lol! Running the Expedition Everest Challenge with my son, then the TOT 10-Miler on my own before starting Princess training. Clearly, I'm hooked on RunDisney.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #65
MaMa3Princess

Lol, well of course for sale. I was really kind of putt off with the plastic bag and
I think I will email my concern because I do like the mesh bags better. I use gear check at races and I was not comfortable using that plastic open bag for Gear check.

I did a big Publix half in Atlanta and they even managed to give us a nice gear check bag. Other than that I was pleased with the organization, even the early wake up call was not bad. There were so many ladies to talk to and I had my good girlfriend with me. The walk to the corral was not noticeable. I will just express my concern to go back to a mesh bag like other races have.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #66
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=amykay9377;44445934]If anyone is on the fence about ordering one of the cute shirts they have at the Disney Store, today you can get 25% off using HAPPY25 to celebrate their anniversary! I think I'm going to get a shirt and a magnet. QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I will order my shirt now.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #67
mahipp
Mouseketeer

Setting the Princess as a goal. I'm working on losing weight and trying to stay motivated. I'm signed up for the 5K in September during the ToT 10 miler weekend. That will be my first Disney "running" experience. I plan to walk. Reading through all the posts and learning from y'all!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #68
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa3Princess View Post
I did a big Publix half in Atlanta and they even managed to give us a nice gear check bag.
I did that one, too! Wore an "Irish Girls Have More Fun" shirt and my Tink tutu. Never thought that thing would see so much action! Have to laugh - my Publix Half time was almost exactly an HOUR faster than this year's Princess! Think I was having a good time during the Princess Half?!?!?!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 03-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #69
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

How many Princesses are making the leap to do the full marathon, or any full marathon? The 20th anniversary hype is sucking me in. A small part of me wants to do Goofy, but I really don't think my legs can handle all that in one weekend. I think my biggest mistake after the Princess was not icing my shin. I got my knee iced good but didn't do a thing for my shin and I'm still paying for it. I've been using the elliptical lately cuz I can't run without limping. Sadly, I've only run 3 times since the Princess. I'm signed up to do another half on April 21st Hopefully that won't set me back. I'm hoping to get a short easy run in over the weekend.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #70
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

I would LOVE to do the full this coming year, and I was trying to talk my running group into it, but they are all scared and want to do the half
Old 03-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #71
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

If you are on dailymile & want to add me my user name is tinydancer0507
Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #72
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
I would LOVE to do the full this coming year, and I was trying to talk my running group into it, but they are all scared and want to do the half
I would love to do it and if I do, I am sure I will be running alone and probably traveling solo. We should start a Dis Solo group.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #73
mahipp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
If you are on dailymile & want to add me my user name is tinydancer0507
What is dailymail?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #74
MaMa3Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipp View Post
What is dailymail?
Daily Mile is like Facebook for exercisers.

As far as a full, I love the idea in theory but not ready to take the leap yet.
I did enjoy reading Stitchfans race report last year about her doing Goofy!!!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #75
belledreamer
Hello Sweetie... <3
Nothing like reaching a goal to keep you motivated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freepixie View Post
Oh and when my phone went off and it was my Uncle Joe on the phone, and I was ending the call yelling "I love you Uncle Joe" and about 10 ladies around me yelling "we love him too!!"
That made me smile. And I probably would be yelling it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
I used the real potties in Tomorrow Land right across from the speedway. Actually I ducked into the men's room since there was a line for the ladies room. there were a few guys in there, but I just kept my head down and ran into a stall. There is a large bathroom as you head into Frontier Land.
In all honesty, I'd much rather do this than use a porta-potty... I may have to keep this in mind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sign up another first timer for the Princess 1/2! This will be my first big race, although I am planning on doing some local 5 and 10k's beforehand. Right now after about three months (First two on my own, the latest month at the gym working out) I'm doing about 2.5 miles at a 16-17 minute pace so I still have a ways to go, but I'm determined to do this! Planning on trying out the Galloway plan since alot of people on here seem to swear by it.

Also another one running solo. I just can't seem to convince anyone to do it with me, although my DM (and possibly dad and grandpa) will be coming to cheer me on. Hopefully I can find someone here to team up with.

Next year can't come soon enough!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: