Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran
 
TinyDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 678

Hello everyone!!

Here is a bit of info that we have as of now.


February 22 - 24, 2013
Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
Registration for the Princess Half begins July 10th, 2012.



http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...half-marathon/



FB group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/249640615143957/

If you are planning on running, let me know, and I'll put your name on the roster!


VickiHD
Fluffy_Princess
TinyDancer
daisy112878
HockeyKat
debbieandroo
happybaker
tinkeramy
saysay
french lady
MaMa3Princes
CRUIZIN MAMMA
rizzobob
WsPrincess
ColleenG
longhorns2
connersarah1
Barefoot Princess
Lynn5700
rapunzelruns
amykay9377
LuLuO
PrincessV
BelleDreamer
mroa1031
ssdeverell
princessnpirate
TaffieDoll
amingione
moparop
gudrench3
Cripey
AmberHeartsDisney
jodipaige2004
TiggerFan3590
dsnyfan21
HappyMom2
fashionista311
becky11
aly0430
aggielawyer
happybaker
DIS-OH
brock201
fsubigdogs
jockey
Cantwaitvaca09
icicle
HealthyAmber
ellajeansmom
miztigg
annabanana
cimrk0101
Craftydawn
tinkerbye
celestial63
WeRunDisney
MamaSmurf227
CourtneykidOT
Mommy to two Princes
mommyof2princesses
Gryhndmom
FigmentMom
niclodn
NC State
2shortpeopleruleme
svwkirby
Fabulousmommy
HomeSchoolMama
FlowerInAdversity
bellanotte10
thbath77
DeerIsleDisney
mroa1031
TeacupDemon
musclemouse
TinkLovinMama
mnosky
tinkerbellfriend
Tfaze
mindystar
magickingdom
mana'olana
Gina15
danielleyoung0
Christie Lee
thebr0kenwriter
Heatherann1015
Stitch Pelekai
My4men
Nishmom
SuperHappyFunTimes
Sojas3
JenNel85
Acourtwdw
Rani8600
Skx1122
Sau418
Ncsjodi
Uccats97
The_princess
Zuzu
Christinascreative
__________________

Last edited by TinyDancer; 10-19-2012 at 07:56 PM.
TinyDancer is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran
 
TinyDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 678

I'm going with a group of 8-10 women.. my family & friends! I'm very excited, and this will be a first half marathon for all of us involved.
I can't wait to hear advice & tips from everyone!
__________________
TinyDancer is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,268

I'm in and this will be my first 1/2 at WDW.

After I finish the Princess 1/2 I will get my Coast to Coast medal.
__________________
VickiHD is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Fluffy Princess
Earning My Ears
 
Fluffy Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
Hello everyone!!

Here is a bit of info that we have as of now.


February 22 - 24, 2013
Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
Registration for the Princess Half begins July 10th, 2012.



http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/sports/rundisney


If you are planning on running, let me know, and I'll put your name on the roster!
I plan on running. Will be my first half
__________________
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy! ~ Stitch

http://fatlawyerrunning.blogspot.com/
Fluffy Princess is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people
 
freepixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In my Castle - I'm a PRINCESS
Posts: 1,841

Hi Princesses! I just ran the Princess 2012, unfortunatly will not be doing the Princess 2013 (financially), hopefully I will be able to do another Princess someday! Just want to check in, offer any help, and cheer you powerful women on!! Princesses rock!!
freepixie is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
daisy112878
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Atanta, GA
Posts: 2,451

I will be there! I had to defer my 2012 registration so I'm already registered and ready to go. I can't wait
__________________
June 2001 - AKL, July 2002 - POR, Dec 2003 - BCV, July 2005 - Poly, Sept 2005 - Magic Cruise, May 2006 - POFQ, Oct 2006 - 2nd Magic Cruise, Oct 2007 - CR, Nov 2007 - POR, Dec 2007 - BCV, June 2008 - CSR, Sept 2008 - BCV, New Years 2008/2009 - Dolphin, BCV and Back to the Magic - Sept. 2009, Dec 2009 BLT, BCV, BWV, April 2010 - Saratoga Springs; Dec 2010 - Saratoga Springs; Feb 2011 BCV;June 28, 2011 DCL to Alaska; Oct 2011 BCV for CPA conference; Dec 2011 BCV; April 2012 AKL Kidani;Sept 2012 BLT; Dec 2012 BCV; Feb 2013 Princess 1/2 Marathon - BLT; Aug 2013 - OKW; Sept 2013 - AKL, 4 day Disney Dream, BLT; Nov 2013 W&D - POFQ; Dec 2013 - BCV; Feb 2014 - VGF Princess 1/2 COMING SOON:; Oct 2014 - BCV and Disney Dream; Dec 2014 - BCV; Jan 2015 - WDW Marathon; April 2015 - BCV and Disney Dream; July 2015 - Disney Dream and BCV
daisy112878 is offline  
Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 4,576

I'm in!

This will be my 4th Princess, and who knows how many overall. Princess 2012 was #9.
__________________
Kat
HockeyKat is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran
 
debbieandroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West TN
Posts: 2,081

I'm in, hoping to walk. This will be my first WDW half marathon but hopefully not my last.
__________________
debbieandroo is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 4,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
I'm in, hoping to walk. This will be my first WDW half marathon but hopefully not my last.
You can do it!! You have almost a year to train.

What is your strategy?

I have walked three Princesses. The first (2010) I trained to walk, the 2nd and 3rd I walked due to late fall injuries.

As long as you train to a 15 min mile, you will be fine. Also, I recommend putting no more than 3hrs as a finish time when you register so that you have a little bit of corral cushion. Make sure that your longest walk is at least 10-12 miles, and happens about 3-4 weeks before the race. It will help make sure that your feet are ready.

I'm a member/leader in the local Galloway training program here, and this will be my 3rd year with the program, so let me know if you need any help!!
__________________
Kat
HockeyKat is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #10
happybaker
Mouseketeer
 
happybaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 78

I'm in and will probably be running alone. It will also be my first half marathon, but I plan on going Coast to Coast next year. I did start training for last year's Princess in September, but just when I was about to register in November my friend backed out of the trip and I couldn't afford to swing the trip alone financially. This year I'm going no matter what!

Holly
happybaker is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran
 
TinyDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I'm in and this will be my first 1/2 at WDW.

After I finish the Princess 1/2 I will get my Coast to Coast medal.
Nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Princess View Post
I plan on running. Will be my first half
First for me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by freepixie View Post
Hi Princesses! I just ran the Princess 2012, unfortunatly will not be doing the Princess 2013 (financially), hopefully I will be able to do another Princess someday! Just want to check in, offer any help, and cheer you powerful women on!! Princesses rock!!
Thanks! Here is a question, do you recommend getting the race retreat? Also.. does anyone know how much it costs?


Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy112878 View Post
I will be there! I had to defer my 2012 registration so I'm already registered and ready to go. I can't wait
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
I'm in!

This will be my 4th Princess, and who knows how many overall. Princess 2012 was #9.
Wow!! That's amazing.. and this sounds like it could be addictive...


Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
I'm in, hoping to walk. This will be my first WDW half marathon but hopefully not my last.
I will be walking some

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post
I'm in and will probably be running alone. It will also be my first half marathon, but I plan on going Coast to Coast next year. I did start training for last year's Princess in September, but just when I was about to register in November my friend backed out of the trip and I couldn't afford to swing the trip alone financially. This year I'm going no matter what!

Holly
That stinks but I'm glad you are going this year! I can't wait!
__________________
TinyDancer is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran
 
TinyDancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
You can do it!! You have almost a year to train.

What is your strategy?

I have walked three Princesses. The first (2010) I trained to walk, the 2nd and 3rd I walked due to late fall injuries.

As long as you train to a 15 min mile, you will be fine. Also, I recommend putting no more than 3hrs as a finish time when you register so that you have a little bit of corral cushion. Make sure that your longest walk is at least 10-12 miles, and happens about 3-4 weeks before the race. It will help make sure that your feet are ready.

I'm a member/leader in the local Galloway training program here, and this will be my 3rd year with the program, so let me know if you need any help!!
I have a couple questions
If you put a finish time of 3 hours, which corral would you be placed in?

What does your training look like with Galloway? I've been using the JG Easy 10k app on my phone, and I'm not sure that I am using it correctly. Right now I'm doing a 4 min run / 1 min walk interval, and running between 12-14 minute miles. I'm on week 8 of the app program.
__________________
TinyDancer is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people
 
freepixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In my Castle - I'm a PRINCESS
Posts: 1,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post


Thanks! Here is a question, do you recommend getting the race retreat? Also.. does anyone know how much it costs?
ABSOLUTELY get the Race Retreat!! It was worth every penny!! I swear to goodness, it was so nice to get inside a nice warm tent in the morning cause it was cold out there at 3:00 AM!! And afterwards it was rainy and chilly, it was nice to be inside and in a beautiful place!!

The best part was the private port-a-potties, never waited for one, there were so many and so few of us using them, there was always one available, that right there is worth it when the rest of the potties have lines about 20 people deep

They had Tink and the fairies out for meet-and-greets before and after the race which was awesome!!

Also afterwards the breakfast was NICE I really wish I could have eaten more, but my tummy was a little flipped at that point lol! And the post-race coctail was nice too - they had 3 options: Bloody Mary, Mimosa and Hibiscus - I got the Hibiscus, it was a sweet drink and I really enjoyed it!

It was pricey - I think it was over $100?? I can't remember but it was definately worth it, and I would never dream of doing the Princess again without it lol!!

My only regret... I wish I would have taken more pictures in there lol!!!
freepixie is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran
 
tinkeramy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. GA
Posts: 596

As far as I know, I'm in for next year! Julie & I are already encouraging a brand new runner friend who has her goal as next year's Princess, and we have another friend who is really wanting to do it, too. Have already started the fund! I was such a mess in Februrary, stressing out about funding the weekend that I resolved to start saving NOW and have a great surplus of "fun" money. If y'all have any budget questions, I did a blog post on how much the weekend cost me - you can maybe get a ballpark of what you need to set aside. Blog address is in the signature. I'm determined to have a great time, eat, drink, shop & be merry, all without extreme guilt over how much it's costing my family!
__________________
Amy
www.momsmagicalmiles.blogspot.com




July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
tinkeramy is offline  
Old 03-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #15
saysay
DIS Veteran
 
saysay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Posts: 1,063

Hi Princesses! I am in for Princess #3! I can't wait. Would LOVE to go for C2C, with the DL 1/2...we will see......

Happy Training......

Julie
__________________
Julie- www.runwalkrepeat.com

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
saysay is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: