Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

Question about items left at Magic guest services for autographs

On the Dream, I was told that you could only have one item per child in each cabin signed by dropping it off at guest services. Does anyone know if they are that strict on the Magic since there are only about 1/2 the passengers?

Both my children would like something signed again, but I would like to get something signed for my office as well.

I think it is a wonderful service, and I certainly don't want to abuse it.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

1153rsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
MsGrandma
Earning My Ears

I was just on the Magic on March 10-17 and they allowed 2 per cabin (at least when I asked if 2 were allowed they said sure). We had one pillowcase and one photo frame, I left markers for both and a big bag of candy, and my DGD drew a picture as an extra thanks. They did a great job with the signatures and the items (and markers) were returned to our cabin on the last night without any issues.

Have a great cruise!
MsGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

A far as I know, there has never been a "one item per child" rule. The rule has always been 2 items per cabin. Yes, they are usually pretty firm, but you can always ask.

Another thought--go to your Dis-meet and see if there is someone there who is not submitting an item who might put in your extra item for you. Yes, you'd have to arrange to meet up to get it back which is a minor hassle, but it would work. You could also ask your tablemates if they'd to this.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

I was on the cruise with MsGrandma -- we had a small Vinylmation signed, and it looks fabulous.
Last cruise we had a totebag and a photo mat signed, and the year before was a pillowcase and photo mat.
I love the idea elsewhere on the board for a large letter for DD's bedroom wall.
Next year!!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve; BLT; Wilderness Lodge; Boardwalk; Saratoga Springs; DVC Member Cruise
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
msnoble
Mouseketeer

I was on the Magic last month (Feb 18-25)--I asked if I could submit 3 smaller (5x7) photo mats (one for each child, one for myself) for signatures, but let them know I was ok with only doing 2 if there was a limit. The CM was very nice about it, and said there would be no problem in doing all three. I was in the first arrival time at the Port, boarding group 3, so things were pretty quiet in the atrium/at the guest services desk when I was there (not sure if that would make a difference, but...).

I had several sharpies to leave, along with a bunch of chocolates; each mat was in its own ziploc bag

My 2 previous cruises on the Wonder (2/2010; 8/2011) I was also able to get 3 items signed each time.

YMMV

Tags
autographs, guest services, magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: