Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #856
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihannah View Post
Woah. That's insane! I have it on my to-do list to talk to DH tonight about the 10k, but I guess we might be blocked even if we did want to do it!
I think the 10k has since sold out as well I read that GET travel has a waiting list in case more slots open up. Maybe there are charity spots open somewhere?

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #857
calihannah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I think the 10k has since sold out as well I read that GET travel has a waiting list in case more slots open up. Maybe there are charity spots open somewhere?
I guess that means I'll need to figure out childcare for Sunday morning so we can do the half together instead! My guess is that he'll veto it, though -- he thinks it will be too hot and busy that weekend. His real goal is the parks with the girls (currently 2 and 5), so even this past weekend was too busy for his tastes.
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #858
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirls View Post
I saw him and laughed every time.

I ran with a video camera on my head so I will be sure to keep it in once I edit the video.

I will post a link here to youtube, it usually takes me within a week of the race to get the video up.

I have to give props to the 'High Five' section, thought that was really cool.

Anyone else get the link to their photos and also have a heart attack. 39.95 for 1 photo, I really want it but will not pay that kind of money for 1 photo. Too bad b/c it is a really great photo. Not sure who is losing out more, me or them. I would prolly buy it if it were $20-25
You can buy the digital package and get all the photos for $90. You will need to get them printed, but it is much cheaper. We paid $50 for a voucher that is worth $75 towards the purchase so it is a little cheaper.
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #859
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Just back last night. I was not able to get the wifi in my room at Stovall's and for the most part couldn't be bothered sitting in the lobby to access i-net. So, I was unable to keep track of how you ladies were doing throughout the weekend.

Cripey-we must have been in the Radiator Springs line together on Saturday morning! Big dash to get there, then the ride hadn't opened yet.... Got on around 9:30.

Anyway, I did finish, despite the hiatus from training. I was about 15 minutes slower than the Wine and Dine, and the DOMS hit really hard Monday and Tuesday, but I am feeling more normal today. I think I will follow Galloway more closely with limiting my training to 2 weekly runs and a long run then work on my core and strength on the other days. Hopefully this will help with the injury problems. I will forget about working on my speed-for now...

Had a great day after the race. We rented a convtible and took the scenic route to Laguna Beach. It was beautiful! We got our feet wet, watched the sunset and enjoyed some great food. Back to the parks Monday and home yesterday. I hope to run it again, just not sure when.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #860
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Cripey-we must have been in the Radiator Springs line together on Saturday morning! Big dash to get there, then the ride hadn't opened yet.... Got on around 9:30.
Did you see that once we got to the road leading through Cars Land, a couple of CM's, Mater and Lightning slowly led the way down the road...I was too short to even notice it but my BF did and I caught a glimpse a couple of times...it was really cute! Super cute ride...and our car won the race!

Congrats on your finish!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #861
Cripey
DIS Veteran

I keep forgetting to mention, thanks to the ladies here who turned me on to the Entertainment book rate for the HoJo many months ago...what a deal! Although, I was never even asked to show the Entertainment card from the book, which surprised me...I had it ready though. Our room was really big! Great rate and a great location for sure...although I was NOT happy that the race ran by the hotel twice. First time wasn't so bad, but if I would have had my room key on me the second time that would have been hard to resist...I was so ready to be finished!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #862
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Hi! Just wanted to share some pictures...

I had a great time. I didn't push my self and I wasn't too sore after. I still finished in under 3 hours (barely). Not bad considering I only ran 2-3 times since the race in September.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #863
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Did you see that once we got to the road leading through Cars Land, a couple of CM's, Mater and Lightning slowly led the way down the road...I was too short to even notice it but my BF did and I caught a glimpse a couple of times...it was really cute! Super cute ride...and our car won the race!

Congrats on your finish!
Yes! We were closes enough to touch the CM's and saw the " characters" as well. What a fun ride! We lucked out with fast passes the night before so we were able to ride it in the dark as well.

I saw a t-shirt at the expo which said Castle to Castle on it with a picture of a castle and a large number-I assumed the mileage between then2 castles... Anyway, I think that is a cute idea for a C2C shirt. I didnt get back to the expo on Saturday to buy it. I thought the vendor name included the word "bamboo" but when I looked at the list of vendors I didn't see any with bamboo in the title. Did anyone see these t-shirts?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #864
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Yes! We were closes enough to touch the CM's and saw the " characters" as well. What a fun ride! We lucked out with fast passes the night before so we were able to ride it in the dark as well.

I saw a t-shirt at the expo which said Castle to Castle on it with a picture of a castle and a large number-I assumed the mileage between then2 castles... Anyway, I think that is a cute idea for a C2C shirt. I didnt get back to the expo on Saturday to buy it. I thought the vendor name included the word "bamboo" but when I looked at the list of vendors I didn't see any with bamboo in the title. Did anyone see these t-shirts?
I bet that was Raw Threads...or do they spell it Raw ThreadZ? They advertise that their shirts are made with bamboo I believe. Their shirts are really cute and soooo soft, but for me just too expensive for a t-shirt. I always stop by their booth though hoping they are having a sale

Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #865
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I keep forgetting to mention, thanks to the ladies here who turned me on to the Entertainment book rate for the HoJo many months ago...what a deal! Although, I was never even asked to show the Entertainment card from the book, which surprised me...I had it ready though. Our room was really big! Great rate and a great location for sure...although I was NOT happy that the race ran by the hotel twice. First time wasn't so bad, but if I would have had my room key on me the second time that would have been hard to resist...I was so ready to be finished!
I was there too and yes that second pass past the hotel was killer! I so wanted to just stop and go to my room but the promise of the medal kept me moving. But seriously I wish I would have known we'd be running by the hotel that late in the race cause then I could have had my mom and daughter come out and cheer me on from there! Oh well.
So what are the odds the course will remain the same for next year? Does RunDisney change the courses every year?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #866
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

It is rawthreads.org and I have that shirt! I love it. Love their stuff!

Normally the course stays the same. They did change Tink though from the 1st year to the 2nd. I heard people preferred this year over last so who knows? I was looking forward to parks in the beginning and again in the end, but it was also nice to have both parks in the dark with everything lit up!

I loved this race. And glad I didn't stay at HoJos- I never would have made the walk "home"- so yeah, I would have pulled in and had someone drive me to the finish. :P

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #867
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Got home late last night. Had a great time and now trying to get back into the swing of things. Time to put those wings away until next year.
Boy I already miss the weather....we're due for rain any time now.

Is anyone else NOT impressed with the photo company this year ???? I have about 4 strangers in my "photo" album and I'm not even in those pictures. I swear about 1/2 the time I saw the photo guys they were doing something with their equipment, talking or doing something else than taking the photos.

I'm also surprised there was not video like last year.

Just wondering what everyone else thought ???
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #868
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I was about to post the same vent. I am not happy with this group at all. Their website is terrible. I have done good pictures- but I was a camera ***** this race and there should be 50 more of me. :P

No castle, no finish line, no characters, though we stopped for tons with photogs. I'm pretty annoyed. I stopped on purpose to get a ton if pics- and like 5 of them. Annoyed for sure.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #869
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Got home late last night. Had a great time and now trying to get back into the swing of things. Time to put those wings away until next year.
Boy I already miss the weather....we're due for rain any time now.

Is anyone else NOT impressed with the photo company this year ???? I have about 4 strangers in my "photo" album and I'm not even in those pictures. I swear about 1/2 the time I saw the photo guys they were doing something with their equipment, talking or doing something else than taking the photos.

I'm also surprised there was not video like last year.

Just wondering what everyone else thought ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I was about to post the same vent. I am not happy with this group at all. Their website is terrible. I have done good pictures- but I was a camera ***** this race and there should be 50 more of me. :P

No castle, no finish line, no characters, though we stopped for tons with photogs. I'm pretty annoyed. I stopped on purpose to get a ton if pics- and like 5 of them. Annoyed for sure.

From what I gathered reading posts after the WDW marathon weekend, eventhough they sent out the email saying your pics were ready, they still continue to upload. I read reports of people seeing more and more pictures posted to their # up to a week after the race. So, keep checking! I also read alot about clicking on some sort of "provisional" button on your page if you see it and supposedly there may be some more pics there? I never saw that on my page, but some people do. I know there were videos being taken, so I'm just assuming they haven't been posted yet. I know it's alot to expect of them to have had all the pics up already, but they shouldn't send out those emails until they are completely finished uploading! And from what I can tell, the website isn't very user friendly with the "provisional" stuff...whatever that means!...and not having videos in the same place as the pics. The same company was used a couple of weeks ago here for the Houston Marathon and we were not impressed at all with the pics they took of my BF...especially the all-important finisher pic with medal!!! His head is all washed out because the lighting was so bright....come on...they should be able to get that one right. I mean, it's a posed pic, not even on the run!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #870
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Hey guys! So I haven't ordered my photos yet so I don't have the full collection of my Minnie and me finish line thing, but I do have the one my Mom took. I'll post this one for now. And then later post the remaining photos (I'm counting about a half dozen so far and they probably haven't uploaded everything yet). Its been four days now and I am still in shock that this actually happened:

ETA: Concerning MarathonFoto, give them a few days. I know from past races that use them that they have a certain pattern that is a bit odd but its how they do things apparently. They always send an email out the day the photos first go online. Even if not all the photos are not up yet. Everything will go up in time. Also make ABSOLUTELY certain you don't have any photos in the LOST and FOUND section under partial matches. I have been able to track down a few photos via that section before. Usually its because me or my bib were in an odd position to the photographer and they weren't able to identify the runner. As I said before usually its only a few photos but make sure to check.

ETA 2: Also check to make sure you don't have anything listed under professional alignment photos. I just discovered about another dozen photos of my finish under there.

Oh and concerning other people in your photos. If you aren't anywhere in the photos there is a remove option on the photo to have it taken off your page. Sometimes they mix up bibs.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head

Last edited by StarGirl11; 01-23-2013 at 02:13 PM.
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: