Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #781
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2
Crispey- what did you do about your flight?!? Just heard the FAA grounded 787 dream liners! Eeek!
I thought of her as soon as I read this online.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #782
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Vicki ~ have a safe drive down tomorrow!
Thanks

Welcome back !!

Have a safe flight and see you Friday.
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #783
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
I read your link to your DL half experience 2012, I ran that one too! You're making me reconsider in taking my point and shoot with me on the tink run. Haha your photos made me all nostalgic. I LOVED running through Angels stadium! Did you wait long for the photos with the princesses? As in did the lines move relatively fast? So cute!!
You've also made me want to start a blog, haha. I want to be able to remember these runs and my times! So thanks for having your link on your posts
Thanks for reading my blog! I always run with my camera during races, I take pictures through the entire experience just so I can remember it later. I did have to wait in line for the Princesses but it was never longer than a couple of minutes each Princess. The line moves quickly, in my experience. There are longer lines that I wouldn't choose to stand in but during Tink last year, I did stand in a longer line for Buzz & Woody because Toy Story is my absolute favorite. I definitely think it's worth it, if you're ahead of the sweepers, to stop for photos. The race is over before you know it and then it's a blur in your memory. So..I say - run with your camera!! One of the first things I bought for my running belt was a camera holder!!

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
JDBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #784
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2
Crispey- what did you do about your flight?!? Just heard the FAA grounded 787 dream liners! Eeek!
We just read that too! The AP story we read said it was only an hour old so I guess it hasn't been long enough for United to redo the schedules yet...I haven't gotten an email yet. Hopefully they'll have something worked out by morning. Evidently there are only 6 in United's fleet so far so I'm hoping it won't wreak too much havoc and they can easily have another plane available. I'll be on the phone to them in the AM if I haven't gotten any sort of notification by then of what they are doing!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #785
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
We just read that too! The AP story we read said it was only an hour old so I guess it hasn't been long enough for United to redo the schedules yet...I haven't gotten an email yet. Hopefully they'll have something worked out by morning. Evidently there are only 6 in United's fleet so far so I'm hoping it won't wreak too much havoc and they can easily have another plane available. I'll be on the phone to them in the AM if I haven't gotten any sort of notification by then of what they are doing!
I'm happy for you that you don't have to worry about flying on the Dreamliner. I'm sure that United will be able to put another plane into the flight. My understanding was that this was a possibility that they were planning for if FAA did ground the Dreamliner. The pixie dust is working.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #786
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good luck and hope everything works out ok !!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #787
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

California here I come!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #788
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40!
California here I come!
Me tooooo!!!!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #789
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I thought of her as soon as I read this online.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
I'm happy for you that you don't have to worry about flying on the Dreamliner. I'm sure that United will be able to put another plane into the flight. My understanding was that this was a possibility that they were planning for if FAA did ground the Dreamliner. The pixie dust is working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Good luck and hope everything works out ok !!!!
Thanks for thinking about me yall! So far this morning, my reservation is the same...still says the same aircraft too, but it allowed me to do the 24 hour advance check in so I went ahead and did that. I'll just keep my eye on my reservation all day today and if nothing changes, just assume everything is on schedule and there will just be a different plane at the gate when I get there in the AM. And why do early flights always seem like a good idea when you book them, but not so much the day before you actaully have to get up to make it there? My board time is 645AM!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #790
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for thinking about me yall! So far this morning, my reservation is the same...still says the same aircraft too, but it allowed me to do the 24 hour advance check in so I went ahead and did that. I'll just keep my eye on my reservation all day today and if nothing changes, just assume everything is on schedule and there will just be a different plane at the gate when I get there in the AM. And why do early flights always seem like a good idea when you book them, but not so much the day before you actaully have to get up to make it there? My board time is 645AM!
Fingers crossed everything goes okay tomorrow morning and if there's a problem, United gets it fixed right away for you!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #791
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Safe travels everyone. I will be heading down tomorrow.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #792
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Fingers crossed everything goes okay tomorrow morning and if there's a problem, United gets it fixed right away for you!!
thanks! Have a safe trip everyone!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #793
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Safe travels to all you Tinker Bell runners! Can't wait to hear all about your races and all the fun that you are going to have. Good luck!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #794
niclodn
Mouseketeer

After dealing with a canceled flight and re-book fiasco last night and this morning, I *think* we are set to go tomorrow morning. I was unable to do online check-in for the first leg of the new flight, but I do have seat assignments on my confirmation instead of "stand by". Don't really know why our original flight was canceled -- we're on Delta and its not due to the Dreamliner grounding, so who knows

But hopefully by this time tomorrow, we'll be on our way to LAX! Am so very excited and really just want to put this traveling stress behind me!

Safe travels everyone!
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #795
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

We are finally on our way.

Safe travels everyone!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: