Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #736
AliceNWonderland
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. I -- I hardly know, sir, just at present -- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

Does anyone have an extra bib? My friend wants to run it now...

June 2002 offsite Portofino Bay
June 2009 WL
June 2011 POR

AliceNWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #737
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Alice - I've seen lots of them on the Tink FB page. Try checking there.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #738
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Wow, what customer service! It's sad she has to do that. I wanted really badly to send a strongly worded email when I read Hippie Runners post this AM, but restrained. Working for ABC, I am an employee of the Disney company sooooo thought it might not be the best idea. However, I still want to find a way to express my disappointment. I could just type something up and have my mom send it for me

Very cool about the meet up! Make sure to tell us all about it!

Off topic:

Sigh...been a rough night, y'all. The BF (who, thank God, was off today and at home resting and preparing for his race this weekend) called as I was leaving work to say my cat, Crybaby, was sick and had been vomiting...and it was beginning to come out red. He packed her up and took her to the ER, where I met him as soon as I could get there. She's still there now, getting some tests run. Dr. Didn't think she was in immediate serious danger as she seemed to have stopped vomiting while we were there and otherwise seemed ok. I felt better about that, but we're still waiting for them to call with any news. This could end up being an all night thing . My poor baby...she's 13, so I know it's time to realize this could be the beginning of some issues that are going to come with age. I hate to think about it though . And, whoa...This little dr. visit is going to assure I won't be coming home with anything fun and frivolous from the Tink expo. Ouch! I now hope the Minnie New Balance are sold out in my size by the time I get there...it's gonna be hard to pass them by if they aren't.
SO sorry to hear about your baby. Hang in there. Vet bills suck!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #739
AliceNWonderland
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. I -- I hardly know, sir, just at present -- at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101
alice - i've seen lots of them on the tink fb page. Try checking there.
thank you!!!

June 2002 offsite Portofino Bay
June 2009 WL
June 2011 POR

AliceNWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #740
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Hi Tinks !!!
Hope everyone is packed and getting ready to go !!!!

I woke up this morning with a cold I started taking more Emerg C and Airborne and I am going to think positive that this will be short lived.

The weather is looking even better, all except the chilly mornings. Can't wait for the cold front we are having passes and we stop making record colds.

Am I the only one that HAS to have a clean house before a trip ????
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #741
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD
Hi Tinks !!!

I woke up this morning with a cold I started taking more Emerg C and Airborne and I am going to think positive that this will be short lived.

The weather is looking even better, all except the chilly mornings. Can't wait for the cold front we are having passes and we stop making record colds.

I'm not leaving until Saturday morning. I'll pack Friday night. Lol. We're only about 90 minutes away.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #742
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Hi Tinks !!!

My doctor recommends zinc lozenges at the start of a cold-they have worked wonders for me.

I didn't get as much accomplished on my packing as I would have liked. I did get my last few items purchased and should have all I need... Just haven't narrowed it down to what I will take.

Yes, I lke a clean house before a trip as well. Who wants to come home to a mess?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #743
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD
Hi Tinks !!!

Oh no, what a bummer... Bundle up and rest!

I like things tidy before I leave too! Luckily we had company this weekend, so it was the perfect excuse to really clean and straighten up a little extra...now it just has to stay that way until Friday

FYI, BF completed his third 26.2 yesterday in 4:13. I'm so proud of him...he struggled with some cramping issues and really fought through it. I can't even imagine it!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #744
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FYI, BF completed his third 26.2 yesterday in 4:13. I'm so proud of him...he struggled with some cramping issues and really fought through it. I can't even imagine it!
Wow !!!!! Good for him

I'm with you...I can not imagine it either.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #745
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Incredible! One day I'll get to 26.2... one day!

I can't believe it's already 6 days away! AHHH. I just got to get through school this week and pack... I skipped my last 3 long runs, so I'm probably going to be dead around mile 8 or 9. But at that point, I'm hoping to be numb and just truck through it. Safe travels to Cali, ladies! Can't wait to run with y'all
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #746
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Incredible! One day I'll get to 26.2... one day!

I can't believe it's already 6 days away! AHHH. I just got to get through school this week and pack... I skipped my last 3 long runs, so I'm probably going to be dead around mile 8 or 9. But at that point, I'm hoping to be numb and just truck through it. Safe travels to Cali, ladies! Can't wait to run with y'all
Had to cut my long run short yesterday because I'm sick. Took today off from work so I don't expose my co-workers and further allow myself a day of rest to get ready for Sunday's race. I'm determined to do that race, even if I have to sneeze and blow my nose every step of the way!

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
JDBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #747
dhowlan
Earning My Ears

email updates

I'm signed up for the Tinker Bell 1/2 on Sunday and I was hoping someone could help me. For some reason, I haven't received any emails from Disney about the race even though I'm registered and have triple checked they have my email correctly entered in their system. (I do get emails from active.com, but not disney.) I finally got around to calling disney to see what was up and they suggested switching my emails to my teammate. Anyhow, I am wondering what, if anything, we've missed by being out of the loop. I'm guessing from your posts you are getting their updates, but I have no idea if they have sent anything we need to know. Is there anything important that they sent out that's not on the website, in your opinion?

On the plus side, I found this site because I was looking for information and have much more good info than I did before. This is my first Disney race.

Thanks in advance.
dhowlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #748
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhowlan
I'm signed up for the Tinker Bell 1/2 on Sunday and I was hoping someone could help me. For some reason, I haven't received any emails from Disney about the race even though I'm registered and have triple checked they have my email correctly entered in their system. (I do get emails from active.com, but not disney.) I finally got around to calling disney to see what was up and they suggested switching my emails to my teammate. Anyhow, I am wondering what, if anything, we've missed by being out of the loop. I'm guessing from your posts you are getting their updates, but I have no idea if they have sent anything we need to know. Is there anything important that they sent out that's not on the website, in your opinion?

On the plus side, I found this site because I was looking for information and have much more good info than I did before. This is my first Disney race.

Thanks in advance.
I never get the emails either and I've confirmed with Disney that they have it correct. Strange!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #749
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhowlan View Post

Thanks in advance.

There are ALOT of us that don't get them either...here and I've read the same on various FB group pages. I got them for the first few races and then stopped all of the sudden..same email and everything. They have a wonky system.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #750
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are ALOT of us that don't get them either...here and I've read the same on various FB group pages. I got them for the first few races and then stopped all of the sudden..same email and everything. They have a wonky system.
I get them but sometimes Gmail sends them to my "spam" folder. I can't quite figure out why Gmail deems some of them Spam and others not. For as smart as Google is...Gmail sure gets it wrong a lot!

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
JDBlair is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: