Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #706
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I would have a "plan B" just in case. Then you will have one less thing to worry about.
I don't even know what that would be!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth22 View Post
Things can change, but the forecasts are starting to show highs in the upper 70's on race day with lows in the mid 40s!
Sounds perfect!!

***********

I read this very disheartening post this AM on facebook from one of my favorite brands/booths that have always been at the Disney expos that I've been to. I read a similar one last week from the company Running Princess who I've seen at the expos too, and will now not be at Princess this year. I'm really bummed about this. Here's what this morning's post said (I "shared" it on the Dis WISH FB page too):

Hippie Runner Funktional Runwear
Hi all! We have had many of our Hippie Runner friends ask us about Disney this year. Disney (all events) has decided they are going to allow major sponsors to expand into spaces that some smaller vendors have previously occupied for years. They have eliminated many of the "boutique" vendors in favor of large, corporate entities. The smaller vendors were not even offered the opportunity to discuss. It is sad these large companies that import all their products are given precedence over those that have their products made locally and support their local economies. Don't worry though, we have had no problem filling these dates with other races! Thanks and have a great day!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #707
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I would have a "plan B" just in case. Then you will have one less thing to worry about.
We just reported that FAA will NOT ground the planes during their review. I can't decide if I'm happy about that or not now.

Ok, there has to be at least ONE other TinkerBell runner on that plane right? Disney gets a fair amount of Texans running their races...we were 3rd largest in registrants for this weekend's festivities in WDW. Maybe I'll spot one and we can hold hands!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #708
indygirl99
DIS Veteran
 
indygirl99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
We just reported that FAA will NOT ground the planes during their review. I can't decide if I'm happy about that or not now.

Ok, there has to be at least ONE other TinkerBell runner on that plane right? Disney gets a fair amount of Texans running their races...we were 3rd largest in registrants for this weekend's festivities in WDW. Maybe I'll spot one and we can hold hands!
Just remember Tinks signature phrase is "I can fly, I can fly, I can fly"
__________________
indygirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #709
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
We just reported that FAA will NOT ground the planes during their review. I can't decide if I'm happy about that or not now.

Ok, there has to be at least ONE other TinkerBell runner on that plane right? Disney gets a fair amount of Texans running their races...we were 3rd largest in registrants for this weekend's festivities in WDW. Maybe I'll spot one and we can hold hands!
Sending you some safe pixie dust your way for your flight.
__________________
VickiHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #710
VickiHD
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 1,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I read this very disheartening post this AM on facebook from one of my favorite brands/booths that have always been at the Disney expos that I've been to. I read a similar one last week from the company Running Princess who I've seen at the expos too, and will now not be at Princess this year. I'm really bummed about this. Here's what this morning's post said (I "shared" it on the Dis WISH FB page too):

Hippie Runner Funktional Runwear
Hi all! We have had many of our Hippie Runner friends ask us about Disney this year. Disney (all events) has decided they are going to allow major sponsors to expand into spaces that some smaller vendors have previously occupied for years. They have eliminated many of the "boutique" vendors in favor of large, corporate entities. The smaller vendors were not even offered the opportunity to discuss. It is sad these large companies that import all their products are given precedence over those that have their products made locally and support their local economies. Don't worry though, we have had no problem filling these dates with other races! Thanks and have a great day!
That is SO sad. I am also really disappointed about Running Princess. I love RP shirts and was really looking forward to visiting their booth at the expo.
__________________
VickiHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #711
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

That is SO sad. I am also really disappointed about Running Princess. I love RP shirts and was really looking forward to visiting their booth at the expo.
Me too! It's just a real bummer because I love shopping all those smaller booths that have items that I don't see every day in my local running store or sporting goods store. I don't go to expos to shop the big company's booths that sell things I can get any other day at home...and not have to worry about it taking up space in luggage. I'm curious too see how the expo is gonna look now...if there are others I'm gonna miss that I haven't thought of yet. Hippie runner is in my city today for our expo/marathon this weekend. I may try to go out there tomorrow with the BF to get his packet though I hadn't planned on it. I really want to give them some biz now.
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope


Last edited by Cripey; 01-11-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #712
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Sending you some safe pixie dust your way for your flight.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
Just remember Tinks signature phrase is "I can fly, I can fly, I can fly"
Excellent point!!!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #713
booth22
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 93

Anybody else have their fingers crossed for the meet up? Hopefully we all made the cut off!
booth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #714
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!
 
IMGONNABE40!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Planning my next adventure!
Posts: 9,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth22 View Post
Anybody else have their fingers crossed for the meet up? Hopefully we all made the cut off!
Huh?
__________________
Christine
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #715
booth22
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Huh?
The meet up with Jeff Galloway (among others) before the race -

Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon Meet Up
booth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #716
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!
 
IMGONNABE40!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Planning my next adventure!
Posts: 9,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth22 View Post
The meet up with Jeff Galloway (among others) before the race -

Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon Meet Up
Oh! I get it! I thought you meant the dinner meet up they are planning on this thread. Couldn't figure out cut off....

Thanks for the link.
__________________
Christine
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #717
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Oh! I get it! I thought you meant the dinner meet up they are planning on this thread. Couldn't figure out cut off....

Thanks for the link.
The dinner is THAT exclusive...lol!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #718
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I read this very disheartening post this AM on facebook from one of my favorite brands/booths that have always been at the Disney expos that I've been to. I read a similar one last week from the company Running Princess who I've seen at the expos too, and will now not be at Princess this year. I'm really bummed about this. Here's what this morning's post said (I "shared" it on the Dis WISH FB page too):

Hippie Runner Funktional Runwear
Hi all! We have had many of our Hippie Runner friends ask us about Disney this year. Disney (all events) has decided they are going to allow major sponsors to expand into spaces that some smaller vendors have previously occupied for years. They have eliminated many of the "boutique" vendors in favor of large, corporate entities. The smaller vendors were not even offered the opportunity to discuss. It is sad these large companies that import all their products are given precedence over those that have their products made locally and support their local economies. Don't worry though, we have had no problem filling these dates with other races! Thanks and have a great day!
I saw that this morning too!! It broke my heart. I LOVE hippie runner! I was looking forward to picking up more at the tink expo . Looks like I'm going online shopping later today .
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #719
CALIFLADY
The Tag Fairy is jealous of you...Japan gets all the good electronics and video games first. Plus, DisneySea is so much cooler than any other Disney park. Can you be my tour guide when I visit?
 
CALIFLADY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Ok, there has to be at least ONE other TinkerBell runner on that plane right? Disney gets a fair amount of Texans running their races...we were 3rd largest in registrants for this weekend's festivities in WDW. Maybe I'll spot one and we can hold hands!
I'm flying out of Houston Hobby on Southwest to LAX, and meeting my sister flying in from Albuquerque, also on SWA. SWA uses 737's exclusively, so we should be safe.

Update on my calf strain: I finally broke down and went to the orthopedist this week. The pain/strain in my calf is being caused by the tendon up the outside of my calf that was strained by my ankle roll in mid-December. Good to know it's not just old age. He gave me an ankle brace and some meds and told me to run what I could run in ten days at the Tink. He's a runner, so he sympathizes with us sillies.

On the costume scene, my sister and I are dressing as Incredbles. My sister got her hair cut this week. She has Elastigirl hair, so she's lookin' the part. I'm going in for my Dash cut tomorrow and will probably be lightening my hair a bit when I get to California next weekend. Edna Mode, aka my BFF, had to modify my costume, so she'll be dropping that by tomorrow after she runs the 5K in downtown Houston. "Milan, dahling, Milan!"

My sister and I are in Corral A, but will be running/walking, so many of you may pass us. Say howdy on your way by the Incredibles!
__________________

CALIFLADY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #720
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,862

I was so sad to hear that about the expo. I think that's something Disney needs to hear from us!

I know Sparkle Skirts didn't get a booth at marathon weekend- Leah and Tom are driving around with the van full of skirts and delivering orders. Also made arrangements to meet some prospective buyers to try on. It's so sad.

RP made me cry when I saw they weren't coming. HELLO. PRINCESS ?!?! They NEED to be there. Just wrong.

Cripey- the airline thing- I dont know. Can you call, see if there is an alternate flight not on the dreamliner that they would be willing to switch you to now instead of waiting for the decision? If you get the jump and call now- maybe?

I GOT IN ON THE MEET UP!!!! The Galloway one. So stinking excited!!!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: