Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #691
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
you guys! check out runDisney's latest FB post!!!! I MUST HAVE A PAIR OF THOSE!!!!!
I saw those last night too! My fb post was "MUST. HAVE. THESE." A friend of mine's response was "for one meeeee-illion dollars". Sadly, she's probably right.
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #692
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
I saw those last night too! My fb post was "MUST. HAVE. THESE." A friend of mine's response was "for one meeeee-illion dollars". Sadly, she's probably right.
BF and I were trying to guess...I think they'll be around $175! The WDW Marathon expo is open, so surely someone has posted about it somewhere! I'm going on the hunt...

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #693
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
BF and I were trying to guess...I think they'll be around $175! The WDW Marathon expo is open, so surely someone has posted about it somewhere! I'm going on the hunt...
That wouldn't be horrible. I was planning to buy a new pair of Mizunos before the Princess, but after seeing these decided to hold out in the off chance that they will have some at the Tink Expo next week. But since they are stability shoes, they probably won't work for me anyway -- I'm a neutral
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #694
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Well...on the WISH FB page it says the shoes were $125 and were gone in a matter of minutes. Bummer. I can deal with the $125 but won't be at Tink or the Princess expo early enough if they are going that fast. I guess there's always ebay...I'm sure they'll be there soon.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #695
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn View Post
That wouldn't be horrible. I was planning to buy a new pair of Mizunos before the Princess, but after seeing these decided to hold out in the off chance that they will have some at the Tink Expo next week. But since they are stability shoes, they probably won't work for me anyway -- I'm a neutral
Yeah, I'm in neutral shoes too, but figured I'd just wear these around the parks because they are so darn cute!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #696
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Dang. I won't be there early enough either.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #697
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

From twitter:

runDisney @runDisney

Can't make it to #WDWMarathon Expo? Limited edition @NewBalance shoes available at future expos, special events, pop up shops at #ESPNWWOS

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #698
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
From twitter:

runDisney @runDisney

Can't make it to #WDWMarathon Expo? Limited edition @NewBalance shoes available at future expos, special events, pop up shops at #ESPNWWOS
Crap...guess I need to get a Twitter account...solely for following runDisney!

Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #699
Cripey
DIS Veteran

First pair of runDisney New Balance is on ebay...for the bargain price of $399. unreal.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #700
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I know !!!!! I don't remember last year being this bad. It's just too cold for me. At least you're heading out to sunny FL. I hope that Anaheim will start to warm up for us.

Have a fun trip.
Thanks! Although checking out the weather... cold might be better. Race time Sat. is 63 and mostly cloudy which would be nice, but the humidity is 97%. Little worried about that part. It wasn't even that bad for the Honolulu race last year.

If I don't get a chance to get back on before you drive down, have a safe drive. Hopefully the traffic won't be bad!

Quote:
First pair of runDisney New Balance is on ebay...for the bargain price of $399. unreal.
That is insane. It's like the Tink D & B bags last year.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #701
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really hope they don't get any bids. IMHO that is SO wrong.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #702
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Thanks! Although checking out the weather... cold might be better. Race time Sat. is 63 and mostly cloudy which would be nice, but the humidity is 97%. Little worried about that part. It wasn't even that bad for the Honolulu race last year.

If I don't get a chance to get back on before you drive down, have a safe drive. Hopefully the traffic won't be bad!

Wow--I keep on forgetting the humidity issue. Hope it changes for you.

Thanks-we are leaving early Thurs. morning. Hope to be in the park by early afternoon. Finally going to ck out the Earl of Sandwich this trip.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #703
Cripey
DIS Veteran

I'll be on my way in one week!

Although, if I'm being honest, I'm a little unnerved about it this week. Every time I turn on the news they are talking about the problems/electrical fires/investigations going on this week with the new 787 Dreamliner aircraft. Guess what I'm booked on? I heard on GMA this AM that there was supposed to be an FAA "decision" today? I kind of came in on the tail end of the report though so I don't know exactly what "decision" they were speaking of...I'm concerned that if they ground all of them, will I get bumped if they replace that flight with a smaller aircraft? Cancelled altogether? Maybe I should upgrade my seat to the Economy Plus that United keeps pushing in emails to me...maybe that would give me some sort of priority if the flight gets reassigned. Ugh...this could be a stressful week!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #704
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be on my way in one week!

Although, if I'm being honest, I'm a little unnerved about it this week. Every time I turn on the news they are talking about the problems/electrical fires/investigations going on this week with the new 787 Dreamliner aircraft. Guess what I'm booked on? I heard on GMA this AM that there was supposed to be an FAA "decision" today? I kind of came in on the tail end of the report though so I don't know exactly what "decision" they were speaking of...I'm concerned that if they ground all of them, will I get bumped if they replace that flight with a smaller aircraft? Cancelled altogether? Maybe I should upgrade my seat to the Economy Plus that United keeps pushing in emails to me...maybe that would give me some sort of priority if the flight gets reassigned. Ugh...this could be a stressful week!
I would have a "plan B" just in case. Then you will have one less thing to worry about.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #705
booth22
Mouseketeer

Things can change, but the forecasts are starting to show highs in the upper 70's on race day with lows in the mid 40s!
booth22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: