Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #571
zgirls
Mouseketeer

I think C is furthest up men can be, I put a predicted finish time of 1:45 and am in C. No big deal to me where I start, actually starting in C will mean more running in daylight

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
TinkerBell Half 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #572
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirls View Post
I think C is furthest up men can be, I put a predicted finish time of 1:45 and am in C. No big deal to me where I start, actually starting in C will mean more running in daylight
great, thanks for letting me know that...sounds like it's C for the men for sure then with your time. So I guess I'll need to decide if I want him to play catch up or if I"ll just drop back with him one corral.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #573
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Yeah, I thought about that too...just stopping somewhere and waiting. Funny about the name too...he asked "who am I going to be?" The name on the bib will be Amanda. He said "Perfect. I'm "A Man. Duh." LOL...I cracked up!
HAHAHA! Love it. A- Man- Duh.

I bet he could catch you within the first 2 miles so you wouldn't be too long without him if you really wanted to just get going in B. It's so funny- 5 min difference waiting to get started is really NOTHING but mentally it sounds so important to be in a higher corral! I need to drop back a corral but I don't wanna! LOL But I also don't want to be "that person" everyone talks about who was in the way...

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #574
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Booked my Super Shuttle today from/to LAX. If anyone else is booking with them, I used the code SAVER (from Mouse Savers website) and got a $4 discount for a round trip reservation.

AAAAAnd...I got all of my iron ons in the mail today for my Tink and Princess Half shirts...they are cute! My Tink skirt is supposed to ship early next week and my PHM skirt is already on it's way to me...I'm so excited to see them both. I'm going to try to get my shirts made this weekend. I have a big silver glitter wings iron on for the back of my Tink shirt that I think is going to look super cute!

I found a pair of cute knee socks with neon green hearts on them at Target over the weekend that I picked up to fashion into temporary arm warmers in case it's chilly. I did that last year and I think ended up being able to ditch them around mile 5. They worked out great...and cheap!

Old 12-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #575
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Booked my Super Shuttle today from/to LAX. If anyone else is booking with them, I used the code SAVER (from Mouse Savers website) and got a $4 discount for a round trip reservation.

AAAAAnd...I got all of my iron ons in the mail today for my Tink and Princess Half shirts...they are cute! My Tink skirt is supposed to ship early next week and my PHM skirt is already on it's way to me...I'm so excited to see them both. I'm going to try to get my shirts made this weekend. I have a big silver glitter wings iron on for the back of my Tink shirt that I think is going to look super cute!

I found a pair of cute knee socks with neon green hearts on them at Target over the weekend that I picked up to fashion into temporary arm warmers in case it's chilly. I did that last year and I think ended up being able to ditch them around mile 5. They worked out great...and cheap!
I LOVE the idea of iron on wings!! Is it too late to order some?? If not where can I find them? I really didn't want to wear actual wings but thought it'd be festive to... Can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. I decided to dress up like one of tink's friends, I guess. I recently dyed my hair red and the redheaded fairy wears red or a dark pink. So I figure to have a red tank with a red tutu. I just researched that btw.. Didn't know she had fairy friends until I was looking at photos online! Haha
bskelly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #576
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07

I LOVE the idea of iron on wings!! Is it too late to order some?? If not where can I find them? I really didn't want to wear actual wings but thought it'd be festive to... Can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. I decided to dress up like one of tink's friends, I guess. I recently dyed my hair red and the redheaded fairy wears red or a dark pink. So I figure to have a red tank with a red tutu. I just researched that btw.. Didn't know she had fairy friends until I was looking at photos online! Haha
I order all of my iron ons from Miss Morgan Designs...she has a website as well as an Etsy store. She does adorable designs....the wings are not on her sites, they were a custom request. So you'd have to contact her about it and find out if she could get them done in time for you. It might be possible since the holidays are over and she may not be quite as busy. She has tons of Disney designs...I order from her a lot just to make t shirts when we go on vacation to Disney too.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #577
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

I order all of my iron ons from Miss Morgan Designs...she has a website as well as an Etsy store. She does adorable designs....the wings are not on her sites, they were a custom request. So you'd have to contact her about it and find out if she could get them done in time for you. It might be possible since the holidays are over and she may not be quite as busy. She has tons of Disney designs...I order from her a lot just to make t shirts when we go on vacation to Disney too.
Can you iron on tech fabric shirts? (not crafty at all so sorry for the silly question)
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #578
calihannah
Mouseketeer

In the vein of potentially silly questions, but is running in a tutu comfortable?! My older daughter would like me to run in "costume" but I'm a tad skeptical. Would love to hear from someone who has been there, done that! (I'd order a so-called running tutu from etsy asap, I guess)
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #579
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerFan

Can you iron on tech fabric shirts? (not crafty at all so sorry for the silly question)
You can...I've found I've had better success with some types more than others though and it can sometimes take a little extra time/heat/pressure to get it to adhere. I've found that it doesn't last as well after being washed when its tech fabric vs. a cotton t shirt, but most of what I end up ironing on tech fabric I don't plan to wear again anyway. The C9 line at Target from Champion works well and is inexpensive enough that I don't mind it being a one time wear.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #580
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihannah
In the vein of potentially silly questions, but is running in a tutu comfortable?! My older daughter would like me to run in "costume" but I'm a tad skeptical. Would love to hear from someone who has been there, done that! (I'd order a so-called running tutu from etsy asap, I guess)
You'll want something light weight, not so poofy that it touches your arms and really shouldn't touch any bare skin anywhere to avoid chafing. I'd pin it to my shorts at the waist too to avoid any twisting or moving around too much. If you are weary of a tutu, Look up Team Sparkle....great, super comfy alternative that is just as festive as a traditional tutu. You can wear your own shorts/capris/tights underneath and you don't even know its there. They are usually at the Expo too.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #581
calihannah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You'll want something light weight, not so poofy that it touches your arms and really shouldn't touch any bare skin anywhere to avoid chafing. I'd pin it to my shorts at the waist too to avoid any twisting or moving around too much. If you are weary of a tutu, Look up Team Sparkle....great, super comfy alternative that is just as festive as a traditional tutu. You can wear your own shorts/capris/tights underneath and you don't even know its there. They are usually at the Expo too.
Thanks so much for the info!
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #582
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for posting the info. I LOVE her site and boy I think I could get into a lot of trouble and go really overboard.

How is her turn around time ?? We're running out of time to get something for the family for Tink but I would love to get something done before Princess.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #583
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

Thanks for posting the info. I LOVE her site and boy I think I could get into a lot of trouble and go really overboard.

How is her turn around time ?? We're running out of time to get something for the family for Tink but I would love to get something done before Princess.
You should have plenty of time to get something for PHM for sure. I ordered from her on 12/12, several designs, 3 of which were custom that we had previously emailed about and I received that order on Thursday of this week. Normally I think I would have had it sooner, but it was a really busy time for her, and I think I had mentioned to her that I didn't need them until January anyway. If you are ordering from her site, non custom, I don't think you'd have any trouble getting it in time. I'd recommend contacting her to be sure though. She has a FB page too...you could like her and ask her a question there too. A lot of times she will post specials, new designs, and turnaround times there when she's really busy...and also times when she'll be on vacation, so that's helpful to know. Good luck! I can never restrain myself on her site!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #584
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Got through 8 miles today...1+ minute per mile faster than last week, so I'm happy about that. Still no where near where I could've been but, it's under the minimum pace, so I'll take it. BF started his taper this week in prep for his full in a couple of weeks...boy was he happy! We were lucky and were able to snag a couple of last minute massages a few hours after we finished our runs....felt sooooo nice . Hope everyone has good runs this weekend....we're so close!!!!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #585
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Got through 8 miles today...1+ minute per mile faster than last week, so I'm happy about that. Still no where near where I could've been but, it's under the minimum pace, so I'll take it. BF started his taper this week in prep for his full in a couple of weeks...boy was he happy! We were lucky and were able to snag a couple of last minute massages a few hours after we finished our runs....felt sooooo nice . Hope everyone has good runs this weekend....we're so close!!!!
Good for you !!!! I bet you will surprise yourself at your finishers time for Tink.

I have not put in any miles for over a week now--too much holiday stuff going on. But we are going to hit the track tomorrow for 13 miles. I've got to start preparing mentally for this now.
I think I will also start packing this weekend since time is flying by.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: