Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #556
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I'm in C. Bumped back one from last year.
I got bumped back one too...and turned in a proof of time that was better than the one I turned in last time. I think there's just alot more participants this time around!

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #557
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Yay!!! I'm going to be put in B when I hand in my time! I'm so excited!
sent you a couple of PM's Let us know if you are still in for the dinner meet up...hope to see you there!

For anyone else who might be interested...we're meeting at Naples on the Friday before the race at 6pm. 5 of us so far...if I need to add more, just let me know!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #558
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

I am in corral E but my 10K proof of time that I will take puts me at 3:00:18 for a half marathon.

I will still take it and hope for some for those 19 seconds. It would be nice to have that small cushion and be in D.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #559
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99
I am in corral E but my 10K proof of time that I will take puts me at 3:00:18 for a half marathon.

I will still take it and hope for some for those 19 seconds. It would be nice to have that small cushion and be in D.
What was your 10k time? I was thinking about signing up for a 10k on Jan 6 and was curious what I need to shoot for. :-)
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #560
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerFan View Post
What was your 10k time? I was thinking about signing up for a 10k on Jan 6 and was curious what I need to shoot for. :-)
It was 1:21:48 so shoot for 1:20 or less to beat that 3:00 for the half.

Who is doing a 10K on the 6th?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #561
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post

I've found that whatever calculator runDisney uses to predict finish times is pretty generous compared to others I've seen online.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #562
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99

It was 1:21:48 so shoot for 1:20 or less to beat that 3:00 for the half.

Who is doing a 10K on the 6th?
It's in Battle Ground. I think it's called the Resolution Run or something like that. I don't remember who the organizer is.
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #563
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

I've found that whatever calculator runDisney uses to predict finish times is pretty generous compared to others I've seen online.
I second this!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #564
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

I'm in D. I got bumped back too.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #565
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Then I will go forward with the thought I might get moved up. Here's to being generous.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #566
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99
I'm in C. Bumped back one from last year.
What proof of time did you turn in

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #567
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerFan

It's in Battle Ground. I think it's called the Resolution Run or something like that. I don't remember who the organizer is.
There was one in Portland on the 5th that I was considering ton help my WDW Goofy corrals. I am C for Tink. Don't see that changing.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #568
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENThead09 View Post
There was one in Portland on the 5th that I was considering ton help my WDW Goofy corrals. I am C for Tink. Don't see that changing.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Question about your corral...is your expected finish time consistent with the times that are in C corral, or do you think you're in C because that's the furthest up that the men were placed? This could pose a problem that I didn't think about before!! OOOOPS! I bought a bib (from a female) last week for my BF to run with me. I got behind on training due to illness and feel like I may need some moral support out there for the second half of the race...possiby physical support in the form of dragging me across the finish line Well...we're both in B...so I'm wondering if they are gonna question it at the corral entrance, and if they don't, is he gonna get nasty looks and comments? He's most definitely an A corral runner, but certainly won't be zipping past anyone this time since he's only there for me...and I'm gonna be sloooooooow. I guess if he gets by the bib-checkers at the entrance to the corral, we'll just hang in the back and hope no one notices. Worst case...if he is made to jump back to C, I'll start in the very back of B and try to get him to work his way up to the front of C...shouldn't take him long at all to catch up to me after he starts. I'm curious what are everyone's opinions...should he just go back to C anyway and not even try to start with me in B if all the men are starting in C? Honestly...would you be irked to see him there? Truthfully, he would probably prefer to just put himself in C to start with if that's where the men are supposed to be anyway. I, of course, would prefer he just start with me to begin with so there's no chance that he doesn't see me when trying to catch up. I suppose I could always just go to C as well and start with him there if that's where he should be...decisions! I really am curious to hear some opinions though...

Old 12-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #569
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Since you bought a bib with female name and guys are supposed to start in C I'd be afraid of raising any red flags trying to get him in b

I wouldn't care if a guy was there. He's clearly running in support of you, not trying to win. But I would hate to see an attendant pull him from the race or something because he clearly isn't Jane you know?

So I'd either start back with him in C or just have him run up and catch you. Sounds like that really wouldn't be too hard for him and you might even agree to stop and wait right before going back stage at mile 2 if he hasn't made his way through the crowd just yet. Maybe a 2-3 min stop would be my guess. If that!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #570
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Since you bought a bib with female name and guys are supposed to start in C I'd be afraid of raising any red flags trying to get him in b

I wouldn't care if a guy was there. He's clearly running in support of you, not trying to win. But I would hate to see an attendant pull him from the race or something because he clearly isn't Jane you know?

So I'd either start back with him in C or just have him run up and catch you. Sounds like that really wouldn't be too hard for him and you might even agree to stop and wait right before going back stage at mile 2 if he hasn't made his way through the crowd just yet. Maybe a 2-3 min stop would be my guess. If that!

Yeah, I thought about that too...just stopping somewhere and waiting. Funny about the name too...he asked "who am I going to be?" The name on the bib will be Amanda. He said "Perfect. I'm "A Man. Duh." LOL...I cracked up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: