Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #496
freepixie
Tanoshi
Dale kept taking my napkin
And here I thought only the Yeti would eat people

OT for sure here -- but on the waivers, what do they have listed as the date for the TOT 10-miler in 2013?? Cause on the waivers for the full marathon, it was listed as the last weekend in Sept., but on the full marathon program, it was listed as "October." Trying to get a rough idea here
freepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #497
speshlist
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Just a guess from things I've read in the past, I don't have any personal experience so I don't know for sure. Hopefully if teams have a higher set of numbers, the individual runner will still be placed in their correct corral. I'd just hang tight until they post the corral breakdown and if something seems off at that time, I'd send an email or give them a call. But if you have a proof of time that you can bring to the expo, you don't have anything to worry about!

Thank you for the info- I appreciate it. I guess I was just nervous. After my first half- Disneyland Half 2009- I made sure I would move up as far as I could in the Corral's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Nope- teams don't start back just because they are teams. If your number is 20123, you'll be in A corral. (just cut off the 2 and pretend it's not there)

If you are 25123, then you are farther back in the corrals, but not in the way back. Probably B or C is a guess. 29123 would be farther back. Make sense?
THANK YOU- this is very very helpful! I love this site and all the great info everyone gives
speshlist is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #498
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Question....what's everyone wearing ????

I'm not going out as much as I did for the inaugural but I will be wearing Tink green and wings.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #499
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

I'm not going out as much as I did for the inaugural but I will be wearing Tink green and wings.
I'm kind of behind on figuring it out myself! Should be wearing a skirt/tutu that I'm having made but its not shipping until right after the first of the year so always the possibility it won't really work, but I hope so! If not, I'll probably pick up a team sparkle skirt at the expo. I'm ironing on a little Tink/Minnie silhouette for my top...it's ordered but haven't received that yet either

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #500
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Let the 30 day count-down begin !!!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #501
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Nope- teams don't start back just because they are teams. If your number is 20123, you'll be in A corral. (just cut off the 2 and pretend it's not there)

If you are 25123, then you are farther back in the corrals, but not in the way back. Probably B or C is a guess. 29123 would be farther back. Make sense?

I've seen a lot of guys with 4000 numbers, and thought they made the guys start in C corral. If that's the case, then we at least know that C corral will be numbers starting in the 4000s (they do not let guys start in A- and I think B as well)

Reep- I took a look and yep, I think you nailed it! Or really close anyway!
Great info! Thanks! So I'm guessing I'm in C then with Bib 4673. Um, I'll be starting at the back of the corral if thats the case!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #502
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post

No clue. I was gonna order a sparkle skirt but decided to save $ and just be boring. I asked for a couple shirts from Rawthreads for Christmas so fingers crossed I get one (or two) of those (and that they fit!) and then I will wear that along with my black capris.

Question for those of you who know SoCal weather.... How cold do you think it will be when we start? Am I gonna want a throw away sweatshirt or anything?

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #503
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
No clue. I was gonna order a sparkle skirt but decided to save $ and just be boring. I asked for a couple shirts from Rawthreads for Christmas so fingers crossed I get one (or two) of those (and that they fit!) and then I will wear that along with my black capris.

Question for those of you who know SoCal weather.... How cold do you think it will be when we start? Am I gonna want a throw away sweatshirt or anything?
I have a couple of Rawthread shirts and I love them !!! I like the fit too. I also asked for a "cindy" one for Christmas ...so we will see.

Weather wise I would definately bring something to throw away. We had great weather for the inaugural I'm hoping it will be pretty much the same.
I wore capris last time with a long sleeve shirt and I was fine. I also will be compulsively checking with weather closer to the race.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #504
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Is anyone interested in maybe meeting up for a casual dinner Friday? I'm flying in in the AM but my BF isn't coming in until late Friday night so I'll be solo for the day. Inside the park, outside of the park, doesn't matter to me...but I promised I wouldn't go see Cars Land without him so I need to stay away from that until Saturday!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #505
Cripey
DIS Veteran

This race REALLY crept up on me...remembered I hadn't even booked ADR's yet!!! But, just got off the phone and was able to get everything I wanted! Wine Country saturday evening, Carthay Circle Sunday evening, and Goofy's Kitchen Monday AM.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #506
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Is anyone interested in maybe meeting up for a casual dinner Friday? I'm flying in in the AM but my BF isn't coming in until late Friday night so I'll be solo for the day. Inside the park, outside of the park, doesn't matter to me...but I promised I wouldn't go see Cars Land without him so I need to stay away from that until Saturday!

Count me in for dinner
Old 12-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #507
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Kim,

Wanted to wish you a great trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.

I am SO ready to head back down !!!!!

Hope you have a safe drive and traffic free drive.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #508
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Count me in for dinner
Great!

Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #509
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

I've never done this before, but since my DS and his GF will be coming in late, I may need to pickup their packets. If I understand correctly I can do that with a signed waiver and a copy of their drivers license, is that correct? Do I need front and back or just the front of the license that has their picture and signature?

thanks!
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #510
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerFan View Post
I've never done this before, but since my DS and his GF will be coming in late, I may need to pickup their packets. If I understand correctly I can do that with a signed waiver and a copy of their drivers license, is that correct? Do I need front and back or just the front of the license that has their picture and signature?

thanks!
I believe you just need a copy of the front of their ID...however, along with their signed waiver, you're going to also need them both to sign a copy of the Packet Pickup Authorization form. They will post a link to that on the website with the waiver link at some point...if they haven't already...I haven't checked.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: