Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #481
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Reep- I couldn't open your map! Its private. Sorry, didn't realize you were using the previous post.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #482
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speshlist View Post
wow, my number is also higher! MUCH higher- about 17,000 higher! I wonder if it is a mistake?? I absolutely submitted a time correctly... maybe I will have to bring a proof of time just in case?
You didn't happen to sign up as a team or with a charity group this time did you? I've heard sometimes that those have a different set of #'s? Not sure about that though...if not, I'd definitely bring proof in case there's a mistake. I'm 2390 this year and was 15-something last year so it's not THAT much of a jump for me...eventhough I did have a better time this time...only by a few minutes though. I think I'll be right on the brink of either A or B.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #483
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Yeah !!!!! Race waivers !!!!

My number is a little higher than last year....you know more runners are running it.

Boy the map is a really a little rough isn't it ?? I can't tell if we are finishing in the same area as last year.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #484
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
A little off-topic but I just read that in 2014 there is a 10k option for the DL half weekend!!!! AND something called a Dumbo Double Dare...10k saturday and half on sunday and you get an extra medal for it...kind of like the Goofy challenge, only not the insane mileage! Pretty cool! I'll repost this on the PHM thread too...
I can't wait to hear more about this one. I just might have to do that too.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #485
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I can't wait to hear more about this one. I just might have to do that too.
It's all on the runDisney website on the DL half page...sorry, I don't have the link handy right this second though. I like the addition of the 10k! My BF wants to do the half again but I'm kinda not into it...I didn't care for the course and I really really REALLY am getting sick of training for anything long distance in the heat of the summer here. It's just too much! But, I told him I'd definitely be there to cheer for him for the half and would probably sign up for the 5k...but with the addition of the 10k option, I'm definitely in for that. I can deal with training for a 10k in the heat for a new medal!

Old 12-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #486
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Quote:
A little off-topic but I just read that in 2014 there is a 10k option for the DL half weekend!!!! AND something called a Dumbo Double Dare...10k saturday and half on sunday and you get an extra medal for it...kind of like the Goofy challenge, only not the insane mileage! Pretty cool! I'll repost this on the PHM thread too...
2013 right? It's on the runDisney web site already.

Here's the actual map:

Tink course

I'm number 4790 and my sister is 4901.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #487
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

I'm looking at the differences in 2013 map vs 2012 and there does not seem to be as many easy to get to locations for our famlies to cheer us on. Last year DH was at four different spots.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #488
kim3339
DIS Veteran

I was just looking at the map too ~ it looks like no Katella and then parking lot at the finish, right? Just a small turny-loop inside the parking lot?

And I'm glad the 5k starts at the Castle again. I really liked that last year. And the logo!?! Please, please, please let that be the medal. I love it!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #489
Reep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Reep- I couldn't open your map! Its private. Sorry, didn't realize you were using the previous post.
Okay, fixed it. Try again.

Just looked at the official map and I think I was very close.
Reep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #490
Reep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I'm looking at the differences in 2013 map vs 2012 and there does not seem to be as many easy to get to locations for our famlies to cheer us on. Last year DH was at four different spots.
IDK, you can traverse the esplanade (between the parks) and see miles 1.5, 3.5, 5.5 and 12 or the finish. Not too bad.
Reep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #491
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

Official maps:

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...alf-Course.pdf

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...-5K-Course.pdf
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #492
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99

2013 right? It's on the runDisney web site already.

Here's the actual map:

Tink course

I'm number 4790 and my sister is 4901.
Oh yeah, 2013....I was too excited to type I guess

Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #493
speshlist
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You didn't happen to sign up as a team or with a charity group this time did you? I've heard sometimes that those have a different set of #'s? Not sure about that though...if not, I'd definitely bring proof in case there's a mistake. I'm 2390 this year and was 15-something last year so it's not THAT much of a jump for me...eventhough I did have a better time this time...only by a few minutes though. I think I'll be right on the brink of either A or B.
YES!! That must be it! This is my first run I am doing as a "team"- I actually had forgotten. Thank you for solving my mystery

Do you (or anyone else) know if the teams start farther back? Thanks in advance!
speshlist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #494
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speshlist

YES!! That must be it! This is my first run I am doing as a "team"- I actually had forgotten. Thank you for solving my mystery

Do you (or anyone else) know if the teams start farther back? Thanks in advance!
Just a guess from things I've read in the past, I don't have any personal experience so I don't know for sure. Hopefully if teams have a higher set of numbers, the individual runner will still be placed in their correct corral. I'd just hang tight until they post the corral breakdown and if something seems off at that time, I'd send an email or give them a call. But if you have a proof of time that you can bring to the expo, you don't have anything to worry about!

Old 12-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #495
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by speshlist View Post

Nope- teams don't start back just because they are teams. If your number is 20123, you'll be in A corral. (just cut off the 2 and pretend it's not there)

If you are 25123, then you are farther back in the corrals, but not in the way back. Probably B or C is a guess. 29123 would be farther back. Make sense?

I've seen a lot of guys with 4000 numbers, and thought they made the guys start in C corral. If that's the case, then we at least know that C corral will be numbers starting in the 4000s (they do not let guys start in A- and I think B as well)

Reep- I took a look and yep, I think you nailed it! Or really close anyway!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: