Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #31
sunstress
Going Goofy - again! - in 2013

We're In!

Well, we swore we would never do another Goofy after the snow and ice in January 2010... but, sure enough, we got over excited and registered for 2013!

We liked the Tinker Bell Half this year, but I have to admit we had a bad experience with some woman in the starting corral, badmouthing my best friend/running buddy -- who happens to be my husband. ("I don't know why you feel you need to run this race -- aren't there enough races for MEN!?!") Here's hoping for nicer corral mates in 2013.

But, getting our 2013 C2C medals in January seems like the right thing to do!

Thanks for starting this thread!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstress View Post
Well, we swore we would never do another Goofy after the snow and ice in January 2010... but, sure enough, we got over excited and registered for 2013!

We liked the Tinker Bell Half this year, but I have to admit we had a bad experience with some woman in the starting corral, badmouthing my best friend/running buddy -- who happens to be my husband. ("I don't know why you feel you need to run this race -- aren't there enough races for MEN!?!") Here's hoping for nicer corral mates in 2013.

seriously? Good grief, what a moron! My BF and I try to plan to run at least one long race together per year, as a fun run (well, more of a fun run for him since he's alot faster than me ) and for 2013 he's planning to run Princess with me...I certainly hope we don't run into that kind of thing too. When I ran it last year, I saw several males running with females or even on their own...it never ocurred to me to be upset about that. That's just crazy.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #33
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow--I can't believe those women were so rude. I was in corral C and there was a couple of men near me and no comments were made. I will add one did have his Tink wings on so maybe that helped.

Sorry to hear of your experience...it was a fun race for me and I'm looking forward to running with my wings again next year.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #34
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

I just started running last month, doing C25k then moving on to Hal Higdon. I rowed in college and the last time I ran more than a mile was over 5 years ago.

Tinkerbell Half and Disney Princess Half are my goals- I want that C2C medal and I want to be healthier!

Sidenote: Does anyone know when you can book the Disneyland hotels for next year? I tried to book a package last night but it said I couldn't because the check out date was after December 31, 2012.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #35
sunstress
Going Goofy - again! - in 2013

VickiHD and Cripey - thanks! Her comments were the one downer the whole day. (Well, except for when the "Tink" fell out of my medal, and I had to "swim upstream" back to the finish line from the Grand Californian to ask for a new one...)

But we've booked our flights (Seattle --> Orlando --> Orange County --> Seattle) and now I get to plan the rest of the whirlwind week!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #36
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
VickiHD and Cripey - thanks! Her comments were the one downer the whole day. (Well, except for when the "Tink" fell out of my medal, and I had to "swim upstream" back to the finish line from the Grand Californian to ask for a new one...)

But we've booked our flights (Seattle --> Orlando --> Orange County --> Seattle) and now I get to plan the rest of the whirlwind week!!!

I had to do that for Princess last year too! I made it ALL THE WAY across the parking lot/reunion area to the medal engraving tent...about as far away from the finish line as you could get...when I saw that there was a rip in the fabirc part of my medal. So, I hobbled all the way back over there to exchange...not fun! I make sure to check it out thoroughly now before I leave the finish line area

Old 04-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #37
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Sorry people made comments, that's just wrong. I thought it was cool a guy would want to run that race.

Straight from WDW to DL~ that's crazy!! When do you get to DL? That's probably a better idea than going home. I'm getting home Wed. morning and then driving down Friday morning. Although, I might go Thursday night after work, I'll have to see everything plays out. And hopefully Southwest will have another crazy sale and I can just fly down and not have to worry about driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloirishkitty View Post
Sidenote: Does anyone know when you can book the Disneyland hotels for next year? I tried to book a package last night but it said I couldn't because the check out date was after December 31, 2012.
Thy'll open later in the year, I think in the summer sometime. But once the reg opens, Get Travel will have their hotel prices and for the resorts, they're a lot better priced. For the 1/2 in Sept, they have rooms at $230 a night vs. if you go through the site right now it's $370 a night.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #38
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Thy'll open later in the year, I think in the summer sometime. But once the reg opens, Get Travel will have their hotel prices and for the resorts, they're a lot better priced. For the 1/2 in Sept, they have rooms at $230 a night vs. if you go through the site right now it's $370 a night.
Thanks! Just trying to budget for my new hobby
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #39
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how much the race registration fee is, or what is was last year??
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #40
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloirishkitty View Post
Does anyone know how much the race registration fee is, or what is was last year??
The did a scaled reg fee set-up depending on how early you signed up. I think it only got to the 1st price range before it sold out. But if I remember correctly, it was b/w $130 and $150. But seeing as how the DL 1/2 and WDW 1/2's are at $150, I would guess that we're going to start at $150 as well unless a discount comes out.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #41
Strawberry's mom&dad
DIS Veteran

How fast does this sell out? days? weeks?
I am doing my first 1/2 in mid September. A local race. I was hopping to see how that went before I committed to the expense of Disney.

Strawberry's mom&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #42
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
The did a scaled reg fee set-up depending on how early you signed up. I think it only got to the 1st price range before it sold out. But if I remember correctly, it was b/w $130 and $150. But seeing as how the DL 1/2 and WDW 1/2's are at $150, I would guess that we're going to start at $150 as well unless a discount comes out.
Thanks! That kind of $$ will make sure I stick with it!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #43
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry's mom&dad View Post
How fast does this sell out? days? weeks?
I am doing my first 1/2 in mid September. A local race. I was hopping to see how that went before I committed to the expense of Disney.
I can't remember myself exactly how fast Tink sold out last year...hopefully someone else can, but I know it, along with the DL half, tend to sell out much faster than the WDW races. You can keep an eye on the race website though after registration opens. Once it hits 50% capacity, they will post that and keep it updated. I wouldn't wait much longer than 85-90% full to make a decision...especially if it hits that % around the same time of any other Disney race or large and popular race in the US with an Expo...if runDisney has a booth there, alot of people sign up at the expos, sometimes to save the registration fee or the incentive of maybe a free bag or something. The week after you'll usually see a little surge in the capacity. Unfortunately, it looks like the registration price will probably go up from last year so that may turn some folks away and make it a little slower to sell out...it's just hard to know for sure! People are usually good about posting capacity % here on the boards too

Old 05-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #44
kim3339
DIS Veteran

It was in August sometime. I know that reg wasn't open at the DL 1/2 Labor Day weekend. This year though, it could go either way b/c WDW is the week before, but at the same time it's MLK weekend so people could also want to go b/c of the built in Monday day off a lot of people have.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #45
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Where is everyone staying?

I tried to book a room at BWPPI last night and could not get it for the days we will be there (January 16-22).

I am wondering if I just wait until August and book a package with Disney itself as I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Californian, however, $400 a night for 6 nights is not in the budget!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: