Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #391
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
On a less enthusiastic note, I went to both the Nike and Lululemon outlets today in search of running tights/pants/whatever and found diddlysquat. Apparently I need to be tall, skinny, and not mind super thin pants to shop there. I need to take a field trip to Title 9 and Rei and find a pair.....
I've got another idea for you......I just got a mailer from RoadRunner Sports and in the book they showed Run, Walk, Capri and Pants in short (tall also) inseams. Price is lower if you sign up to be a VIP.

Nordstrom also has their "in house" line Zella that has pants in different lenghts. Free shipping and always outstanding return policy if something just doesn't work.

Good luck

Last edited by VickiHD; 11-21-2012 at 05:11 PM.
VickiHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #392
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I've got another idea for you......I just got a mailer from RoadRunner Sports and in the book they showed Run, Walk, Capri and Pants in short (tall also) inseams. Price is lower if you sign up to be a VIP.

Nordstrom also has their "in house" line Zella that has pants in different lenghts. Free shipping and a always a outstanding return policy if something just doesn't work.

Good luck
I so already am a road runner VIP! See, I need a field trip. Title 9 is located next door to Road Runner. I just need a day where I can drive down there and back....

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #393
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Good morning! We are about 2 months out! Time to get this party started in here!

We have made arrangements for my father in law, so my husband will be making the trip with me. . Since we'll be there for 5 days and there will now be 1 of us, I am thinking of switching from Stovall's Best Western to a suite at the Hampton Inn in Garden Grove. Each place includes breakfast with the rate. The upside to Hampton is that it is larger and we'll have a kitchen. Downside is that it is a bit farther. Anyone have thoughts on either of these?

Also, our plan is to keep our bodies on East Coast time.......
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #394
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Good morning! We are about 2 months out! Time to get this party started in here!

We have made arrangements for my father in law, so my husband will be making the trip with me. . Since we'll be there for 5 days and there will now be 1 of us, I am thinking of switching from Stovall's Best Western to a suite at the Hampton Inn in Garden Grove. Each place includes breakfast with the rate. The upside to Hampton is that it is larger and we'll have a kitchen. Downside is that it is a bit farther. Anyone have thoughts on either of these?

Stovalls is so convenient for the race. Especially an early start race. They also had food out early for the runners. It is however a motel with thin walls.
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #395
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Personally, I would stay at Stovalls. You can't beat the location for pre/post race. Also staying 5 days...dealing with driving to the park may get old. At least at Stovalls you can walk to DTD and to the parks with out getting in a car, bus or tram.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #396
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Don't be a Doofus!

Sold! Thanks for your input. And of course I meant that there will be 2 of us....that is why I was thinking about getting a larger room. But, I looked at some of the pictures of the rooms at Stovall's and they seem pretty big. So, that is where we will be.

Now, what's the countdown?!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #397
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sold! Thanks for your input. And of course I meant that there will be 2 of us....that is why I was thinking about getting a larger room. But, I looked at some of the pictures of the rooms at Stovall's and they seem pretty big. So, that is where we will be.

Now, what's the countdown?!
I think you'll be happy with your choice! I've heard good things about Stovall's and I always stay within walking distance. It just makes things easier and you dont waste time driving and parking and such.

I'm super excited! Can't believe we're two months out!!!! Training has been spotty lately thanks to a couple injuries but everything feels good now so time to get ready!!!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #398
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Only 2 months out now !!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #399
IMGONNABE40!
Don't be a Doofus!

Yesterday was my first officiial training run for the Tink. Last week I finished the Galloway Wine and Dine schedule. Yesterday I did a 45 minute workout with hill sets. Tomorrow I will run a local Thanksgiving Day 10k. I will see how I feel Friday about working out.....

The Galloway program I am following for Tink is for time improvement and includes speed work. According to the schedule this weekend is 8 x 800. Since I haven't done speed work like that before, I may just do 2 x 800 but cover the same overall distance.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all! I for one am glad I have this race to keep me focused through this holiday season!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #400
Cripey
DIS Veteran

RunDisney posted a teaser on FB about an hour ago..."Forget Black"! If you missed out, we've got something coming back at 12 AM ET on Friday for a limited time that will make you want to..." and then a pick of Tink with the caption "Get your Green On"

I'm thinking they are opening up some more spots maybe? I

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #401
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
RunDisney posted a teaser on FB about an hour ago..."Forget Black"! If you missed out, we've got something coming back at 12 AM ET on Friday for a limited time that will make you want to..." and then a pick of Tink with the caption "Get your Green On"

I'm thinking they are opening up some more spots maybe? I
You might be right !!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #402
IMGONNABE40!
Don't be a Doofus!

Bump!

I wonder how much of a response "green Friday" is getting? Anyone recruit a running buddy for this race?

I completed a 10K Thanksgiving race and took yesterday off. I have a 8 miles scheduled and will work in some speed work with that.

I am not so much into costumes, but came across a Tink colored running shirt that will be perfect for the race. I may train in that today to see how it feels. It made its way to the bottom of the drawer years ago due to color and it has a very high neck......
Old 11-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #403
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40!
Bump!

I wonder how much of a response "green Friday" is getting? Anyone recruit a running buddy for this race?

I completed a 10K Thanksgiving race and took yesterday off. I have a 8 miles scheduled and will work in some speed work with that.

I am not so much into costumes, but came across a Tink colored running shirt that will be perfect for the race. I may train in that today to see how it feels. It made its way to the bottom of the drawer years ago due to color and it has a very high neck......
What was the green thing all about anyway? I never saw another post other than the teaser.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #404
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

What was the green thing all about anyway? I never saw another post other than the teaser.
They opened more spots

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #405
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say thanks for all who posted about the weekend event on Run Disney for Tink.

My schedule for Labor Day was looking a little chaotic for this coming year and I was not sure how I was going to get my Coast to Coast this year.

But I let the runner's high from my 18 mile run on Saturday take over and signed up for Tinkerbell.

With Goofy the weekend before I am going to be one tired mousekeeter, but it will be worth it!

Happy and healthy training everyone!

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: