Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #136
ToodlesRN
Always Dreamin Of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post

Last year they did have a stroller registration, but didn't notice the same thing this year, so not sure. But it wasn't a big problem, or at least, that I noticed.

I might be doing the 5k, w/ the 1/2 depends on whether someone goes w/ me for the park ticket and how I feel from the week before if it doesn't sell out. You're going to have so much fun. At night, with all the lights on in the parks, it's a great ambiance and a different feel than the daytime 5k in Sept.
Thanks!

Another question, my son wants to run with me age 6 in the 5k have you seen kids of all ages running in the 5k? He just did a jog a thon at school around the rack and ran 2 miles in 15 mins it was cold outside so they stopped the kids at 15 mins sure he could have ran longer. I did plan on putting him in one of the kids races but since it might be him and I going without dad he would have to run with me. Thanks!
~Olivia~ 4 yrs
First visit to DL at age 11 and hooked ever since!
Disney Cruise and WDW 2/09 and 9/09
DVC Members on 3/2008 at AKV'S and 1/2009 VGC
Next Disney Trips: Disneyland, October 2014
ToodlesRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #137
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Yeah, kids of all ages so the 5k. He should be fine, at one of them I saw a little girl, no more than 3 or 4 soing it w/o a stroller.

Someone pointed out on the DL side that they changed the schedule around. 5k is now Sat morning @ 5:45 w/ no park tix (yay) and the 1/2 is now @ 5am!! It's going to be cold and dark for almost the whole thing! Don't know how I feel about all the changes.

Vicki- got my purse today! Love it. But I saw so many people w/ cars merchandise and taffic cone cups, so jealous. That's alright, the 1/2 is only 12 weeks away.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #138
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, kids of all ages so the 5k. He should be fine, at one of them I saw a little girl, no more than 3 or 4 soing it w/o a stroller.

Someone pointed out on the DL side that they changed the schedule around. 5k is now Sat morning @ 5:45 w/ no park tix (yay) and the 1/2 is now @ 5am!! It's going to be cold and dark for almost the whole thing! Don't know how I feel about all the changes.

Vicki- got my purse today! Love it. But I saw so many people w/ cars merchandise and taffic cone cups, so jealous. That's alright, the 1/2 is only 12 weeks away.
YIKES! 5am!! I wonder if that means they are expanding the total # of runners from last year and need the extra time? Kinda bums me out though because most of the course pics will probably be dark now.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #139
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Kim--I'm so glad you like your purse
Did you go down to the park over the weekend ? They had plenty of tickets left for Cars Land preview but they were "paid tickets". Only 3 more weeks untill we get to go back down.

I can't believe the 1/2 is 12 weeks away. To me that means the end of summer....but then it's onto Halloween Time --yeah !!! Have you seen anything about the medal this year ??
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #140
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Remember Tinker Bell Runners ---registration starts tomorrow. (As if any of you would forget)
Old 06-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #141
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
YIKES! 5am!! I wonder if that means they are expanding the total # of runners from last year and need the extra time? Kinda bums me out though because most of the course pics will probably be dark now.
Yeah, me too. That was the 1st thing that popped in my head. That and how warm it'll be at 5am in Jan. You'll have to run over 2 1/2 hours to get any pics that you'll be able to see. Hopefully the park will have all the nighttime lights on. I was thinking maybe the time change was b/c of MLK weekend, but Sept is over Labor day, so who knows what's behind the change. I would love it if the did that in Sept though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Kim--I'm so glad you like your purse
Did you go down to the park over the weekend ? They had plenty of tickets left for Cars Land preview but they were "paid tickets". Only 3 more weeks untill we get to go back down.

I can't believe the 1/2 is 12 weeks away. To me that means the end of summer....but then it's onto Halloween Time --yeah !!! Have you seen anything about the medal this year ??
I did go down this weekend!! Didn't do the paid tix thing, I was thinking about it, but then I figured it would be a better experience to go in blind on Sat. for the 5k. I don't know about you, but everytime I see the road down the middle of the land, I just see 1,000s of runners running down it. Haven't seen anything about the medals, maybe they're keeping it the same.

I'm excited for Halloween too. I've never been there when they've done all the decorations, so it's going to be a ton of fun.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #142
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, me too. That was the 1st thing that popped in my head. That and how warm it'll be at 5am in Jan. You'll have to run over 2 1/2 hours to get any pics that you'll be able to see. Hopefully the park will have all the nighttime lights on. I was thinking maybe the time change was b/c of MLK weekend, but Sept is over Labor day, so who knows what's behind the change. I would love it if the did that in Sept though.

I did go down this weekend!! Didn't do the paid tix thing, I was thinking about it, but then I figured it would be a better experience to go in blind on Sat. for the 5k. I don't know about you, but everytime I see the road down the middle of the land, I just see 1,000s of runners running down it. Haven't seen anything about the medals, maybe they're keeping it the same.

I'm excited for Halloween too. I've never been there when they've done all the decorations, so it's going to be a ton of fun.

You are so right--who wouldn't want to run on "route 66" !!!

The Halloween Party @ DL (extra $$ for the tickets) is really a lot of fun and tons of candy. You see lots of great costumes and now it's the only way to see Halloween Screams and Zero flying over the castle.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #143
Cripey
DIS Veteran

soooo annoyed! I'll probably have to wait a day or two to register...oh well. BofA decided to screw up and process a payment TWICE last week...and of course it had to be when I made a LARGE payment to pay off a balance. GAH! They've reversed it, but said it takes "5-7 days" for the $$ to be back in my bank account...today is day 7, and it's still not there of course. They may have meant business days though, who knows. Funny how fast the $$ comes out when it's going TO them, but not the other way around. Grrr. Oh well, hopefully it'll be back by tomorrow and I'll be able to register then. I just love the excitement of getting in and registering as soon as it opens though.

Cripey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #144
AdventureIsOutThere
Just a girl, boy and their dog.

Registration is OPEN

Just registered and am so excited! This will be my first half and I can't wait!
AdventureIsOutThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #145
Red Rose
Earning My Ears

WooHoo!!!

I am signed up for the 5k and the Half!! Now time to book the hotel room. I want to stay on Disney and this will be the only time I will make it to Disneyland ( I live in Ontario so the flight is like $600 ) When I called the number it was a machine telling me to leave my name and number. What is up with that?

Anyone else staying on Disney and know how I could book my room today and still get the discount?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #146
niclodn
Mouseketeer

I'm registered too! My first half -- not sure what I've gotten myself into, but I'm sure it'll be great!
niclodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #147
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Woot!

I'm in for the 1/2 and DH and DD are doing the 5k!!

Anyone call yet to ask about hotel prices?

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #148
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
You are so right--who wouldn't want to run on "route 66" !!!

The Halloween Party @ DL (extra $$ for the tickets) is really a lot of fun and tons of candy. You see lots of great costumes and now it's the only way to see Halloween Screams and Zero flying over the castle.
I know, I'm so excited for the party too. I'm going to do the combo Happy Haunts Tour w/ the Party. Just waiting for the calendar to be released, pretty sure as soon as all the Cars craziness dies Friday it'll be out soon.

Holy cow you should have seen the parks yesterday, it was absolutely crazy!!! It was kind of crowded Sunday, but it was like an extra 20,000 people showed up over night. I was doing the Agriculture Tour and we went through Fantasyland around 11:15 and the lines were insane. I have't been to DL during summer months in 15 years and was blown away. Sunday they had all the extended poles and ropes out for all the rides, never thought they would all be in use the next day. I can only imagine what Thurs. is going to be like when your only option is DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
soooo annoyed! I'll probably have to wait a day or two to register...oh well. Grrr. Oh well, hopefully it'll be back by tomorrow and I'll be able to register then. I just love the excitement of getting in and registering as soon as it opens though.
Sorry about that one! I'm the same way. Even though I know it doesn't matter when I sign up, nothing can really beat the 1st day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rose View Post
Anyone else staying on Disney and know how I could book my room today and still get the discount?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
I'm in for the 1/2 and DH and DD are doing the 5k!!

Anyone call yet to ask about hotel prices?
Get Travel usually have the best rates for the 3 resort hotels. They don't have stuff up for next year's race yet, but they'll be updating it soon.

They also do the discounted park tix.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #149
Red Rose
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!! I am so scared of not getting a room. As this is also my Mom's birthday gift. Shhhh she doesn't know yet. We have never been to Disneyland so I want to make sure i get a room on Disney.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #150
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know, I'm so excited for the party too. I'm going to do the combo Happy Haunts Tour w/ the Party. Just waiting for the calendar to be released, pretty sure as soon as all the Cars craziness dies Friday it'll be out soon.

Holy cow you should have seen the parks yesterday, it was absolutely crazy!!! It was kind of crowded Sunday, but it was like an extra 20,000 people showed up over night. I was doing the Agriculture Tour and we went through Fantasyland around 11:15 and the lines were insane. I have't been to DL during summer months in 15 years and was blown away. Sunday they had all the extended poles and ropes out for all the rides, never thought they would all be in use the next day. I can only imagine what Thurs. is going to be like when your only option is DL.
How was the Agriculture Tour? I've never done the Halloween tour either but I've seen it around the park and it looks like a lot of fun !! Last year we got over 18 lbs of candy--really we put the bags on a scale. (Hint-bring along those great Disney resuable shopping bags to empty out the ones they give you) And that was for just the 3 of us. We ended up giving so much away and took the rest of our son's dentist who sent the candy and treats to the troups overseas.

The crowds --I can believe it. It seems like every school has a end of school fieldtrip at the park. So many school kids in large groups--crazy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: