Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #4081
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Trying to go for running 4 days a week with the 8 weeks we have left. Did a 6 mile yesterday, came home with GI issues and had to stop 2 miles into my 8 miler today with the same. Not sure what's going on so hopefully it's just a fluke. Have a 4 miler scheduled for tomorrow but should I tack on the 6 miles I missed today or just do the 4 miles? Resting Friday and then a 17 mile run on Saturday. Hopefully my stomach stops acting up soon, I want to eat with abandon tomorrow!

BTW everyone, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #4082
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

I have an overuse injury in my big toe joint. The dr said to RICE it for a couple of weeks. He said crosstraining with a bike should be okay, but no running and minimal walking. I am supposed to do 16 miles this weekend. Would an acceptable substitute be to ride a bike for about the same amount of time as the 16 miles would have taken me to complete(i.e. bike for about 4 hours since I make 15-16 minutes per mile wogging)?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #4083
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
Does anyone know how much the discount tickets are that we can get marathon weekend? I refused them when I signed up with the TA because I had passes at home I could use. Now I'm thinking I might save those for another visit and buy the discounted ones.
Typically, it is 0%........they don't offer a marathon discount. That being said, last year one of the WISHers posted a code for a Sports discount. It worked--I used it.

Maura
Old 11-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #4084
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys
Ugh. Anyone else sick right now?

I was diagnosed with bronchitis this morning. My 10/20 planned for this weekend is postponed now. My doctor said to take a break from running until next week. Has anyone dealt with bronchitis while training before?
I was diagnosed with it two weeks before the Chicago Marathon. My doctor prescribed a Z-Pak and a nose spray (because antihistamine pills cause dehydration). It worked out fine for me by race start.
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #4085
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
Oh, hey, 50 day mark, you are a scary, scary thing.
uuuggghhhh it IS a scary thing!

i'm still with this darn knee injury. i can't walk. like, really at all. i'm so bummed about this. my PT said that the marathon isn't definitely out of the question but i sure hope i can at least walk soon so that it seems like it's still a possibility.

congrats to everyone who is working hard towards this goal! i know how hard it is. i hope to be there with you in january!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: