Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #3331
kimmiepcft
Kimmiep

They did post the 5K medal, it looked alot like the pic posted.
I tried to put the pic in, but the link didn't work!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #3332
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRookie View Post
Yes, this is the medallion for the 5K. I saw it at the runDisney booth at the Chicago Marathon Expo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepcft View Post
They did post the 5K medal, it looked alot like the pic posted.
I tried to put the pic in, but the link didn't work!
Thanks for the confirmation! So excited!

@kimmiepcft - the notification email I got when you posted had the link to your FB picture...thanks for sharing. I had no idea Spaceship Earth was in the background of the medallion from looking at the "In training" illustration! Too cool.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #3333
regul8ter18
Mouseketeer

for room I would call disney. when I booked my room the told me the you get a better offer when you call instead of booking online. They also some times more room available threw them instead of online. when we booked our room for WINE DINE last year all star music was all booked up online but when I called they said they had rooms.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #3334
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

I have been without internet for almost a week. I am so excited because I did 6 miles Saturday with a 14:25 pace. That is a pr for me! It was on the treadmill but my last treadmill run was 7 miles and it was closer to 16 minutes per mile. Progress! Maybe I will have time to stop for a few pictures during this marathon after all!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #3335
ThurlFan
Grim Ghost

Looks like it was a good weekend for lots of folks. Keep up the good work, people!

And those of you struggling or injured - hang in there!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #3336
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZellyB View Post
Ran 17 miles on Saturday. My longest distance so far. We averaged a 12:04 pace doing our run/walk intervals. Really felt great until I hit the wall at mile 15. Mile 15-16 was a bear and I had to stretch out my walk intervals a bit to combat some cramping in my calves, but once I hit 16, I was able to finish out with our normal intervals. On the plus side, even though getting through the 17 was tough, my recovery was much faster. I really felt good the rest of the day and did normal activities and then on Sunday had only minimal soreness and went out to run an easy 3 to work out the stiffness a bit. Today feels good as well with only minor fatigue. Looking forward to a couple of shorter "long runs" before the next long one which will be my first half-marathon!!!
Way to go, I did 17 this weekend too. It's also the longest I've ever gone. Pretty exciting. I am slower than you though..my average pace was about 13:30 mins per mile. My run was yesterday and I feel good today. I get a bit stiff if I sit for too long though. Moving is definitely key in recovering from these long runs!
Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #3337
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

I broke into double digit territory for the first time ever this weekend with our 10 mile run. To my own surprise, I felt pretty good during, and aside from some soreness in my calves today I'm doing all right! We're doing the Battleship Half Marathon in Wilmington in 3 weeks as a training run and I'm really looking forward to it, even if every person I mention it to tells me how the hills going up to the bridges are killer. It will be my very first race medal, so I guess I'm willing to overlook some pain for the bling.

But with 90 days until the marathon I'm already finding myself with a bit of vacation brain! I would much rather sit here and plan out every day of our trip than do work... Dangerous territory.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #3338
ZellyB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Way to go, I did 17 this weekend too. It's also the longest I've ever gone. Pretty exciting. I am slower than you though..my average pace was about 13:30 mins per mile. My run was yesterday and I feel good today. I get a bit stiff if I sit for too long though. Moving is definitely key in recovering from these long runs!
Great job!!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #3339
kimmiepcft
Kimmiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel484 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation! So excited!

@kimmiepcft - the notification email I got when you posted had the link to your FB picture...thanks for sharing. I had no idea Spaceship Earth was in the background of the medallion from looking at the "In training" illustration! Too cool.
OH good! So glad it worked, it looked like a dead link to me so I removed it!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #3340
robynslp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
I broke into double digit territory for the first time ever this weekend with our 10 mile run. To my own surprise, I felt pretty good during, and aside from some soreness in my calves today I'm doing all right! We're doing the Battleship Half Marathon in Wilmington in 3 weeks as a training run and I'm really looking forward to it, even if every person I mention it to tells me how the hills going up to the bridges are killer. It will be my very first race medal, so I guess I'm willing to overlook some pain for the bling.

But with 90 days until the marathon I'm already finding myself with a bit of vacation brain! I would much rather sit here and plan out every day of our trip than do work... Dangerous territory.
I'm doing Battleship for the second time. My first time was a few years ago. I don't remember the bridges being all that bad. Those will be good practice for the interchanges at Disney. Its the steep descent down to Water St and then back up to head for Greenfield Lake that killed me. Beware of the cobblestones too - I slowed way down (and for me that turns into a crawl)!

I signed up as a walker so I would have plenty of time to finish.

If all goes as planned I will be the one in BRIGHT orange tiger striped socks (hints of my Disney costume!) Come say "hi" if you see me.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #3341
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

I am so excited and proud for my hubby! He got a job that pays twice what he makes now. We have been barely scraping by (living paycheck to paycheck) for a while now. This means that we may be able to stay in a hotel another night or two after the marathon, instead of driving all the way back home.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #3342
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtwins1112
I am so excited and proud for my hubby! He got a job that pays twice what he makes now. We have been barely scraping by (living paycheck to paycheck) for a while now. This means that we may be able to stay in a hotel another night or two after the marathon, instead of driving all the way back home.
Great news!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #3343
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynslp View Post
I'm doing Battleship for the second time. My first time was a few years ago. I don't remember the bridges being all that bad. Those will be good practice for the interchanges at Disney. Its the steep descent down to Water St and then back up to head for Greenfield Lake that killed me. Beware of the cobblestones too - I slowed way down (and for me that turns into a crawl)!

I signed up as a walker so I would have plenty of time to finish.

If all goes as planned I will be the one in BRIGHT orange tiger striped socks (hints of my Disney costume!) Come say "hi" if you see me.
Thanks for the reassurance! I'm signed up as a walker, too. I have no idea what I'll be wearing but I'll keep an eye out for you!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #3344
wdwpluto
The TF looked all over but couldn't find the dollar under your pillow?? ;)
Ebay-ing our way to WDW

Okay, which one of you jokers posted the Iron Strength workout? I can barely walk! LOL And that's with only doing a very few sets of each and skipping the burpees completely

ETA: I mean jokers in the most loving, affectionate way possible
Old 10-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #3345
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpluto View Post
Okay, which one of you jokers posted the Iron Strength workout? I can barely walk! LOL And that's with only doing a very few sets of each and skipping the burpees completely

ETA: I mean jokers in the most loving, affectionate way possible
Ooh, ooh...I think that was me! mwahahaha...

In all seriousness, I'd apologize, but I do think strength training has really helped me with running a lot. I hope it does the same for you!

I missed 3-4 Iron Strength workouts last month while battling a sinus infection and I could really feel a difference...and not in a good way!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: