Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #76
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That sounds like it will be a very nice day! It should be a rather leisurely day....we at least by Disney standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
Sounds like a great plan. You will all love Finding Nemo and the boys will love the Boneyard.

The value resorts have so many activities to do at the pool, I know they will enjoy hanging out at it.
Thanks, my little bossy pants came out again today (Joey) and he was looking at his 5 and under map from our last trip and Finding Nemo Show and Boneyard were the two things he kept telling me we have to do and that he is planning our trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
If you are questioning your TS meals then I would suggest you cancel the dining plan. When things go haywire dining can be a issue. It's also one of the easiest things to substitute. In April we were headed to Ragland Rd for dinner. Rain caused the boat to be shut down and the bus was taking forever. To save the night (as we were hungry and getting tired....great combo huh?) I called an audible and switched to Wolfgang Puck Express. Turned out to be one of our best meals. The other thing that I really liked that we did in April was to eat both Captain Cooks at the Poly and the Contempo Cafe at CR.
Thanks Heidi, I was all ready to cancel the dining plan when things went haywire... been trying to post an update but first work got in the way, and then the upcoming move got in the way, and I've spent the last three days sick in bed, that sick where I couldn't get out of bed sick. What a way to spend my 4th of July vacation.

Update coming tomorrow with plans for day 4 and new changes in plans, yes more changes, remember this is the everchanging pre trip report
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #77
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

This summer is really flying by, we are 57 days away from our trip and 22 days away from a move. I've been working crazy hours at work and have three more weeks to go and the Monday after my last day we are moving south. A lot closer to the Mouse, the boys can't wait to be in Sunny Florida. Our upcoming move has really helped keep the boys entertained with not constantly asking about our trip (though of course they do ask)

Changes: Ok so this pre trip report would not be everchanging if I didn't have some updated changes. My sister and niece are no longer joining us on our trip so our plans have changed slightly.

With that change we changed our dates at AoA to Mon-Sat, we wanted to keep the stay there even though its more space than we need because the boys are so excited about staying in the Cars room. The second part of our trip will either be moving into POP on Saturday until Wed or we may head home for a couple days for some possible activities the boys might need to attend.

We kept the dining plan for the first part of our trip, but will not have it for the second half of the trip. And with my sister and niece not coming now we moved our Teppan Edo ADR back to Tues, so we have two meals planned for that day and it is now a full day at Epcot.

and Corral Reef

Wednesday is still at AK but instead of lunch at Capt Jack's that day we will have dinner at Raglan Road.

I figure since AK closes earlier than the other parks and with the heat we probably will leave AK after lunch anyways so dinner DTD will be good that day. And I think Jack is going to be so excited about the live entertainment that he will be on cloud nine all night. Jack does not like taking pictures with characters, but I have a feeling he might like one with an Irish dancer he one will pose with him.

Now onto Day 4 Plans:

We will start our day at MK for EMH at 8am and I'm sure we'll head straight to Buzz, much of this day will be spent with the group, we have a scavenger hunt at 10:30 am with the group and a Dole Whip meet in the afternoon.

I have not been a fan of the Dole Whip, but want to give it another chance since that statement doesn't seem to be something a good DISer would say. And my boys will be tasting one for the first time. Exciting stuff there.
After our Dole Whip meet we will leave MK and head over to DHS for dinner at Sci-Fi, this was a must do on our list of places to eat and it was the only place I could fit it in during the first part of our trip.

We will probably visit a few attractions that aren't that busy if that is possible in DHS. If not it won't be a big deal since we will be back to explore that park another day, the main purpose is to eat dinner.

Here is a favorite picture from our MK day last year, Joey says he needs to find that sword and eye patch again to use with his costume for MNSSHP.

June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Last edited by JPFamilyMom; 07-08-2012 at 09:29 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #78
amandaw
DIS Veteran

WOW! Great changes! I can't believe y'all are moving. That is so exciting (and stressful ) Hope everything goes smoothly with the move. I can't wait to hear all about the Cars suite. They look so cute. I will admit - I have never tried a Dole Whip. But, I fully intend to rectify that this year. Plans are looking great!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #80
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
WOW! Great changes! I can't believe y'all are moving. That is so exciting (and stressful ) Hope everything goes smoothly with the move. I can't wait to hear all about the Cars suite. They look so cute. I will admit - I have never tried a Dole Whip. But, I fully intend to rectify that this year. Plans are looking great!
Yes the moving is stressful, and my DH has a business trip this week, so he'll be gone all week, my Mom is arriving today to help with the boys for this week. I'm going to take TONS of pictures of AoA and our suite. Can't wait to hear how you like the Dole Whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Yikes! I don't know how you can keep up with everything with so much going on!!

Since this is the everchanging PTR, I can't wait to find out which plans finally stick.
Thanks Amy, three day weekends help with all our craziness. Thursday I worked 10 1/2 hours, it's just the nature of my job you never know what is going to happen.

Well for now our plans are hopefully going to stick as I made the final payment on AoA/dining today. And I got word today that Joey is in the soccer program so most likely we will have to drive home for a couple days, but hoping he can just skip one game and we can have our full 10 days in Disney without leaving for a couple days.

I'll be posting an update tomorrow, as tomorrow we will be 50 days away from our vacation, and to me that is always a milestone. Plus yesterday we did some shopping for both the move and the Disney trip so I'll post pictures of our purchases for the trip as well as some crafty things I've made for our trip.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #81
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

T-shirts, money envelopes, and Day 5 plans

50 Days
So excited, to me this is a milestone, it's normally where we begin our countdown poster, but because of our move in 15 days we won't start it until after we get to our new home.

My Mom and Great Aunt are visiting for the week to help with the boys as we continue to pack up and while I work and DH goes on a business trip. So it's busy busy here, plus we are getting our Disneyworld outfits ready for our trip

I got this shirt of Disneystore.com a couple months ago for the boys:

This morning I made these shirts for our Epcot day for me and Mom, the boys will have something different:

I've also cut out Mickey Heads for our AK shirts, but we need to go buy more shirts. I've got our shirts twisted and ready to tie dye, but I forgot the ziploc bags. Should have pictures of a couple more shirts by the end of this week.

Other crafty things I completed are some of the envelopes we'll be using on this trip. These are what I have for mousekeeping so far:

Here are some just basic park envelopes, not sure what I'm using them for yet:

Here are our food envelopes so far:

Here are the souvenir envelopes (princess-me, tink-Mom, Cars-boys):

And lastly our MNSSHP envelopes and some special Epcot envelopes for the boys (they plan to get passports, gelato, and chopsticks):

As for Day 5 Plans

This will be an MK day, the park is only open 9am-7pm because of Night of Joy. Originally Jack and I were going to attend the Night of Joy, but we have decided he is already going to be stimulated enough and with the possibility of driving home Saturday morning for a soccer game, we cut that out of the plans.

So we plan to have an easy going day at MK, as it shouldn't be very crowded that day. For meals we plan to have lunch at a QS. Then will leave MK around 5 or 6pm depending on how crowded it gets from the NOJ people coming in. And we'll head to DTD for a dinner @ Big River Grille. This was the restaurant mom chose, so she is really looking forward to it and I think it will be a nice change from places we would normally go.

For our evening we'll just hang out in DTD, relax by our resort pool, and maybe hit the arcade.

Up next: plans for MNSSHP and more completed projects

Oh and did I mention our trip is paid off....super great feeling

Last edited by JPFamilyMom; 07-15-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #82
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Cute shirts & envelopes!

Sounds like a good plan for that day!

I hope y'alls move goes smoothly!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #83
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Wow, this is the first time I've read through your PTR and the title is true enough You're going the same date as me I'm coming from UK though, so is staying until the 17th. We're also going the the first MNSSHP

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #84
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Everything sounds great! Hope they let you skip that one game so you don't have to leave. We always missed one game each season, just felt time with family was more important.

Love all the t-shirts and envelopes.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #85
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Getting caught up. I have MIA lately here on the dis.

Your plans look great. Can't wait to hear all about staying at AoA. It looks like such a fun place.

Good luck with your move! I know that can be very stressful.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: