Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #61
amandaw
DIS Veteran

How fun that y'all get to meet up with friends on the 1st day! Can't wait to hear about the guest speaker...sounds interesting!

Either plan sounds good...going to AoA 1st or heading straight to Pepper Market.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #62
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Yay for a Dis Meet! Those are always fun.

Anxious to see who your speaker is.

Love the Pepper Market. CS is one of my favorite resorts. I love its theming.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #63
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Joining in !! Everything looks great so far .. I'm excited for you all !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #64
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

The plans for your first day look great. The boys will enjoy the Dismeet and I'm sure you will too!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012

900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! August 2012 TR I love SWW and SW Celebrations...does that mean I am a geek? A PTR of a SW family August 2012. Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic!
That's it...we moved to Florida to be close to Mickey TR with daily TR's and other Florida Fun!
My DSD came to visit and didn't want to go to WDW with us??? My July 14-21st TR with Busch Gardens, Universal, and of course, WDW.
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #65
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
How fun that y'all get to meet up with friends on the 1st day! Can't wait to hear about the guest speaker...sounds interesting!

Either plan sounds good...going to AoA 1st or heading straight to Pepper Market.
Thanks, we are excited to meet some seasoned homeschoolers as we begin our homeschooling journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Yay for a Dis Meet! Those are always fun.

Anxious to see who your speaker is.

Love the Pepper Market. CS is one of my favorite resorts. I love its theming.
Thanks, it's not exactly a Dis meet, but there will be other Disers there. I've never been to CS so I'm excited to explore another resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Joining in !! Everything looks great so far .. I'm excited for you all !
Thanks and

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
The plans for your first day look great. The boys will enjoy the Dismeet and I'm sure you will too!
Our meet should be fun, it's not specifically a Dismeet but more a homeschooler meet but there will be other Disers there. The exciting thing is we should run into our new friends all week
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #66
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Will we make a park opening???

Our family had a mini vacation this past weekend, it was much needed. My husband worked a football camp in the mornings while the boys and I swam in the hotel pool, then we had a fun family outing each afternoon and a dinner out and then a night swim. The boys eating habits have me questioning our dining plan for Disney, but I'm hoping for the best.

On to our day two plans, after a good nights sleep we are hoping to make park opening at MK

any advice for how early to get there using Disney transportation?

We will stop to take some fun pictures

as we make our way to ride Dumbo, excited to see the new Dumbo area. After Dumbo we may leave Fantasyland and head over to Buzz, as I know the boys plan to ride this several times during our trip. We have a few days planned in MK so we won't feel rushed to cram everything in this morning.

We will head back to the hotel when it starts heating up and we'll take a dip in the pool and relax in our room. Lunch for this day is up in the air but will be QS.

After our rest we will head to

We did an evening in Epcot on our last trip and it was fun. Very easy going, this evening though we will have a purpose. We have two things on our list
1. Dinner at Coral Reef, hoping for a tank side seat
2. Illuminations with our new friends from the Mega Meet the night before

Here are my kids last trip
They had a mixed review as we didn't have the best view with that pole in front of us and fireworks are of course loud. Last time they got ice-cream while they watched and that is what they remember, so that is their plan for this trip as well. My Mom didn't get to see Illumations on the last trip, so she is excited to watch for the first time.

Aside from those two things we will probably ride Nemo, watch the sea life swim in the tanks (a highlight from our last trip), maybe talk to a Turtle, and get our first passport stamps near our Illumations meet area.

The basic plan for these first few days is to really take it easy and to let the boys lead the plans. We'll have our must do lists, but if we don't get to something it will be ok as we know we will get to go back another day.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #67
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Subbing! I am going in Sept too...have to go back and read all your plans!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #68
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good plan for the day!

When I want to make it for Rope Drop, we are usually at the resort bus stop an hour before park opening. So, if MK opens at 9am that day, I would be in line at the bus stop for 8am, 815am. But, I'm also really insistent that we make it to the parks a little before park opening. So, some people may not leave as early as I do.

I'm so excited to see the new Storybook Circus area. It looks so cute! Reid & I watched a video this week of the inside of the circus tent at Dumbo. Have you seen it? It looks like so much fun! Some kids may not want to leave to go ride Dumbo.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #69
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

I agree with amandaw, be at the bus stop an hour before park opening to get there, especially if you want to see the pre-show.

The plans look great and great idea to plan several trips to MK to fit it all in and not be rushed.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012

900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! August 2012 TR I love SWW and SW Celebrations...does that mean I am a geek? A PTR of a SW family August 2012. Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic!
That's it...we moved to Florida to be close to Mickey TR with daily TR's and other Florida Fun!
My DSD came to visit and didn't want to go to WDW with us??? My July 14-21st TR with Busch Gardens, Universal, and of course, WDW.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #71
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
Subbing! I am going in Sept too...have to go back and read all your plans!
Hooray for Sept trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like a good plan for the day!

When I want to make it for Rope Drop, we are usually at the resort bus stop an hour before park opening. So, if MK opens at 9am that day, I would be in line at the bus stop for 8am, 815am. But, I'm also really insistent that we make it to the parks a little before park opening. So, some people may not leave as early as I do.

I'm so excited to see the new Storybook Circus area. It looks so cute! Reid & I watched a video this week of the inside of the circus tent at Dumbo. Have you seen it? It looks like so much fun! Some kids may not want to leave to go ride Dumbo.
Thanks for the Rope Drop advice, I really hope we can see the opening this time. I haven't seen the new Storybook Circus area, but we are certainly excited about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I agree with amandaw, be at the bus stop an hour before park opening to get there, especially if you want to see the pre-show.

The plans look great and great idea to plan several trips to MK to fit it all in and not be rushed.
Thanks, we definately hope to see the pre-show. At least so the boys can say they saw it once, not sure how they will like it, but I want them to try things at least once and then they can tell me no more or yes more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Your Day 2 plans sound great to me! I'm anxious to hear how you like Coral Reef. We've never eaten there but I've been curious about it.
I have always wanted to dine at Coral Reef, wanted to on our honeymoon, had so many plans for that trip, but that was pre DIS and I didn't know about ADR's or anything else and we really winged that trip. Hoping for tank side to keep boys interested.

Hopefully will have day three plans posted in the next couple days, our schedule has been crazy busy, I'm working Monday to Thursday 7am-5pm right now and our weekends have been busy with family time, packing, and cleaning (more on all that coming up soon too)
Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #72
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Going on Safari

I'm still going back and forth on how many sit down places we have booked, right now we have the dining plan. Not sure if I'll keep it or not. If we keep it here are our plans for Day 3...

Today will be an early morning because I plan to take advantage of EMH this day to avoid the heat. We are headed to AK which will open at 8 am. The plan is to get there before 8 and head straight to Kiliminjaro Safari.

We will again just go with the flow, but at the top of our list to do today are:
Finding Nemo the Musical (new for all of us)
The Boneyard (new for all of us)
Triceratop Spin (a favorite from the last trip)
and I'm hoping to talk the boys in trying Kali River Rapids (this would be new for the boys)

As of right now we have lunch planned in DTD at Captain Jacks

Then we'll head to the hotel for swimming and relaxation.

If the boys are up to more exploring than we may head to MK for the evening after it cools down a bit and go on whatever rides they didn't get to do the day before or ride Buzz a few more times.

Dinner will be a QS either in the hotel or in MK.

If they opt to just relax at the resort for the evening than we may head to the arcade or just explore more of the other areas of the resort. I'm really going to try and just go with the flow of the boys more as I won't be stressed to cram everything in since we are looking into AP's. And I'm already planning our next adventure.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #73
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That sounds like it will be a very nice day! It should be a rather leisurely day....we at least by Disney standards.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #74
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great plan. You will all love Finding Nemo and the boys will love the Boneyard.

The value resorts have so many activities to do at the pool, I know they will enjoy hanging out at it.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #75
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

If you are questioning your TS meals then I would suggest you cancel the dining plan. When things go haywire dining can be a issue. It's also one of the easiest things to substitute. In April we were headed to Ragland Rd for dinner. Rain caused the boat to be shut down and the bus was taking forever. To save the night (as we were hungry and getting tired....great combo huh?) I called an audible and switched to Wolfgang Puck Express. Turned out to be one of our best meals. The other thing that I really liked that we did in April was to eat both Captain Cooks at the Poly and the Contempo Cafe at CR.

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: