Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

If you stop at least once, which for me would be the bare minimum, you will arrive in WDW late on Monday. I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, which is roughly the same distance from WDW as Toronto. As noted the ride itself is around 21 hours or so, and then you need to factor in stops. The more I think about it, there is no way to do the trip with a stop and arrive on Monday before dark.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #17
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
We live in Oakville and have done the drive many times. The last time we drove the gas was about the same price it is now and it ended up costing us about $850 RT....with gas/food and a hotel only one night going down. We drove straight through coming home.

You can quite easily find airfare from Buffalo for around $300/person. Even less if a sale comes along. We usually fly from BUF and so far the most I've ever paid was $220/person for March Break last year. In the summer we pay around $175/person.

Post this over on the Canadian board...you will get more local advice.
Completely agree . The drive vs. fly savings is exceptionally minimal when you factor in a party of 3 (the OP, her daughter, and her friend) or less. We are a family of three also, and at best we'd break even. It may even cost us more to drive when the vehicle wear and tear is added in.

OP, check out flights from Buffalo as dancin Disney style suggested. Flying from Buffalo is a great experience (its a tiny airport, and so much easier to navigate than Pearson) and may even save you money in the end.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #18
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

Living near Buffalo, we fly from there often. If you're looking to fly check there are Rochester. It's a little less than an hour from Buffalo and we often get a good deal out of there on SW. Both Buffalo and Rochester are great little airports.
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
Pinkgurlshubby
Has not been blessed by the TF <-really? Huh, looks like you have to me! *~*SPF*~*
Think of a happy place, think of a happy place

We did it last year. Given that we are in Kitchener and you are in Toronto, our distance to the US should be close. It is doable but I wouldn't do it again. We did make a couple of stops whenwe were tired and I felt safer pulling into the parking lot of a big hotel than a rest stop
It can be done. Have fun, lots of friendly people on the drive down. Depending on what you drive, our Dodge Caliber costs us about $340 in gas for the round trip/

May 2012 WDW All Star Movies
December 1-5 2013 Dream - Holidays with Mickey
2014 WDW TBD
Pinkgurlshubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driving, toronto, travel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: