Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #31
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25
This is what episodic literature and media is all about--the anticipation. I shall have another installment coming soon. I could always do like the producers did with HARRY POTTER and split the final segment into two installments, though. . .hmmmmm. . .
DUN DUN DUN........
Oh, what have I done?! (LOL no pun intended! oops!)
I will reluctantly agree to your final segment two installment suggestion, IF you provide a teaser post that enhances said anticipation during our proposed wait time. It's only fair!

Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF

Last edited by DisneyBrideCKB; 03-24-2012 at 12:01 PM.
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #32
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

First of all. In defense of myself, (since I apparently AM the only one defending myself!) I was NOT planning a SWAT stealth attack on Jared's. I DID, however, make the LOML promise to call them on a weekly basis for updates. I mean, really, what's a girl to do?

Now that we have that out of the way....

Today was my first official dress fitting! I decided to do the whole makeup, hair, jewelry, shoe thing so that I could see if everything looked in reality like it looked in my head. (Oh, shut up, you!)

And. Guess what?! It did!

This is makeup and earrings. I was trying to decide upon 2 different earrings.

I chose...Drumroll, please!

The earring on the left. As you're looking at the picture. The smaller, more white one. I also think my makeup came out pretty good, but truthfully, I never have a "bad" makeup day, so I was pretty confident about that.

Next we have hair.

I was less confident with doing my own hair, but so far, it's come out pretty good every time too.

Shoes:

I love both pairs, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my sparkly ones. They're the ones on the right.

And, saving the best for last!!!!

THE dress!!

Now it's a wrinkled mess, of course, but I think it will turn out EXACTLY like I pictured in my head! However, as the seamstress said, "it fits like a glove!"

Which it did. But. That is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in the sense that it will most definitely keep me diet controlled for the next year. And a curse in the sense that it will most definitely keep me diet controlled for the next year!!! It may be a long year for Patrick!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #33
MrsRomance
Counting down until the next DFTW :D

Love all the choices!! That dress is so pretty, I'm all about clean and simple and IMHO that's perfect!!
Old 03-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #34
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I have no doubt you will look stunning. Love the dress. However, I had a hard time seeing the diffence in shoes, maybe a closeup is in order?
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #35
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Couldn't tell the difference in the shoes either but will take you word on the sparkle. I remember some of you other strappy shoes and red toe nails, or was that Sleepdog.

Everything looks really nice together. Love the hair up!
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #36
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Yes, that is my woman, and I am one amazingly lucky man.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #37
sleepydog25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideCKB View Post
DUN DUN DUN........
Oh, what have I done?! (LOL no pun intended! oops!)
I will reluctantly agree to your final segment two installment suggestion, IF you provide a teaser post that enhances said anticipation during our proposed wait time. It's only fair!
"You liar!" But, those words were blurted through a misty-eyed acknowledgement that a dream she'd had as a little girl finally arrived. Across from her sat the man who wanted nothing more than to see that glow on her face, those eyes fixed on his. He, too, was thrilled and a little verklempt. I know because I am that man.

There.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvvwl
First of all. In defense of myself, (since I apparently AM the only one defending myself!) I was NOT planning a SWAT stealth attack on Jared's.
I never said it was going to be a stealth attack. Nope, it was going to be a full-frontal assault.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #38
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
I am one amazingly lucky man.
Right back atcha. (uh, except the part about being a man. Obviously. Right??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
"You liar!" But, those words were blurted through a misty-eyed acknowledgement that a dream she'd had as a little girl finally arrived. Across from her sat the man who wanted nothing more than to see that glow on her face, those eyes fixed on his. He, too, was thrilled and a little verklempt. I know because I am that man.

There.

I do have a picture. Our one and only official engagement picture. Which is THE epitome of how I felt about this once-in-a-lifetime experience. But. I think I'll save it for "The Sting."

I never said it was going to be a stealth attack. Nope, it was going to be a full-frontal assault.
It WAS NOT, Mr. SneakyPants!!! Geez!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #39
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

As requested, here is a picture of said sparkly shoes:

IF that's too small, here's one of us after our lovely V&A's dinner 2 years ago.

Let's see if that helps!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #40
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25

There.
Giggle, Giggle!

And LOVE the dress, shoes, hair, makeup, everything! You are GORGEOUS!

Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #41
sleepydog25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideCKB View Post
Giggle, Giggle!

And LOVE the dress, shoes, hair, makeup, everything! You are GORGEOUS!
That's what I've said all along.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #42
sleepydog25

Episode 3—The Sting: Part 1

We have a most favorite eatery, Noble’s Grill, just over an hour’s drive away, a place we patronize only infrequently to keep it that rare treat. Noble’s features rustic American cuisine and uses very fresh ingredients including many local items—lamb, beef, chops, duck, fish, and vegetables. We’ve never had a disappointing meal there. It is intimate, warm, rustic, yet upscale. . .all at once. My first thought after agonizingly abandoning an attempt to surprise Chris at WDW was to propose at Noble’s. It would be fitting as it reminds us of a cross between Artist Point and California Grill. My second thought revolved around when to make this event happen. Obviously, the date had to be before the 24th of February, but Valentine’s Day was out given that the actual day fell in the middle of the work week. We had plans the week before V Day, so that was out, as well. The weekend after V Day seemed anti-climactic, so that left the weekend of the 4th. That would be our Valentine’s Day celebration, only this year there would be a true emotional heft behind this time of year. Of course, Chris didn’t know that.

What I didn’t foresee was how hard it would be for me to keep a secret. Not that LOML made it easy for me since her daily mantra was, “Only ___ more days until my ring arrives!” I always chuckled knowing it was mere feet away. If she only knew, I often thought. I did so want to tell her that the bit o’ bling was biding its time in the adjoining room. Thankfully, with each comment by Chris, I grew more resolute. In fact, I told no one else—our cats don’t count—and though I almost told my young daughter, she is terrible at keeping secrets, so that was a no-no, too. Besides, we live in a small town, and one careless slip of my tongue would lead to that person telling his cousin Tommy, who would casually mention it to his sister’s husband’s momma, who would tell her best friend’s house cleaner, who’d spill the beans to her daughter-in-law, who’d tell her hubby, who would wind up speaking to the police chief, who would talk with his dispatcher, who would blab to her Sunday school teacher, who’d mention it to her sister, who just so happened to work with Chris. I knew better than to have loose lips—they sink ships, don’t you know?

As the day drew near, we were both ready to let someone else cook for us. Winter, though mild, was grinding on; Chris had a of couple weeks’ worth of long, overtime days; and my students were growing increasingly antsy. We prepare 98% of our meals, mostly because we love to cook and somewhat because there are no good places to eat here, unless you count fried food or BBQ joints. Now, don’t get me wrong. I love me some fried chicken, French fries, and barbeque—all fried and fatty foods really—but they’re just not healthy options to choose very often. Besides, we’re excellent cooks (okay, we think we are), and when we do go out, we want a memorable meal, something beyond the norm. Yes, we were ready for Noble’s. . .but only one of us knew the real story behind the dinner. . .

Old 03-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #43
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Isn't he just an awful tease?! Can you imagine? LAUGHING at me all the time! I mean, it's not like I made a countdown chain or something.

I will say, my first words WERE "You LIAR!!!" followed by, "This is NOT chocolates!" and lastly "YES!!!!"

In other news, we're going to Disney! Well, Magic Kingdom anyway. Next Friday to be exact. We're going to Florida to visit P's older daughter and she only lives an hour away. I mean really, how could we not? We'll spend the day at MK and then have dinner at California Grill just in case those rumors of it closing turn out to be true.

So excited!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #44
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Patrick, you are a terrible tease! But a great writer
Don't keep us in suspense much longer

Luvvwl, the Cal Grill will close down eventually for needed repairs, but reopen in some fashion.

We live in Orlando and both work at Disney, so we never go there (glad to get home at night), but this weekend is Yachtsman''s for hubby's 65th birthday. Where did my life go?
Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

I haven't posted before but I love everything! WL will be SUCH a gorgeous location. I wish they had bigger venues! I reallyreallyreally like your sprakly shoes, too. Very chic! I'll be following along

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: