Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #16
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Hey there looking at applying for Spring Advantage or even regular Spring 2013 (I'll take either if it means I'm in) also! Looking at Character Attendant, Attractions, or Photopass. I would prefer to do WDW but I don't mind doing Disneyland (will be applying for both resorts). Mostly the same picks for Disneyland but looking at a Resorts option for my last choice at Disneyland. Also a first timer.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head

Upcoming RunDisney Races: Dumbo Double Dare 2014, Disneyland 5k 2014, Wine and Dine 2014 & Avengers Half Marathon 2014 (aka my first attempt at a double back since 2011), WDW 5k 2015, WDW Marathon 2015 , Tinkerbell 5k 2015, Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon 2015, Dumbo Double Dare 2015, Avengers 2015 (if I don't do these I will be shocked),
Upcoming Races: LA Quarter Marathon 2014, MCM 17.75 2015 (contingent on how well WDW goes because this will be my entry into the Marine Corps Marathon, if I run a sub 6:00 marathon than its all green for this race, thank god registration for this is post-WDW)
StarGirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Guess I could mention my roles! Like most character attendant is one and also Attractions, QSFB, Custodial and Photopass.
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #18
MelissaMouse
Getting Disney fever...

Hello Everyone! Glad I found this thread, thought it was too soon!

My names Melissa and I will be graduating this winter! I plan on applying for 2013 as a PI as well as CP for a fallback. I'd like anything in the theatrical stage production areas, including costuming!!

I've done one CP already in 2009 as a MK Bus Ops Resort greeter. I had a wonderful time and I was the happiest i've ever been in my life... and I really feel that Disney is my home! I hope to get to know some of you a lot more over the next couple months!

Feel free to chat

M-E-L-I-S-S-A
M-O-U-S-E!!

I am a NEW Adventureland Merch Cast Member as of April 2013!!!

*SeaWorld Team Member*

Last edited by MelissaMouse; 04-20-2012 at 10:12 AM.
MelissaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Welcome to our tiny group!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
MelissaMouse
Getting Disney fever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW_lover_in_SC View Post
Welcome to our tiny group!

M-E-L-I-S-S-A
M-O-U-S-E!!

*SeaWorld Team Member*
Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #21
jprice11
Earning My Ears

I'm getting so excited about the Spring 2013 College Program too. I already graduated from college last year so I am going to take a class at a local community college this Fall so that I meet the requirements and will be considered a part time college student. I just registered for the class and let me tell you that I have never been this excited to take a class.
My sister and I recently got FL Resident Annual Passes and we have been going to Disney World a lot. I now find myself watching the Cast Members and looking at their name badges to see if they are in the CP. I told my sister after our last trip that I could really see myself living and working at Disney. Applications for Spring 2013 can't come soon enough!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
PrincessDream
Earning My Ears

Hey everybody! My name is Christina and I am just wrapping up my freshman year at UCONN. I will be applying for my first CP ever (woot!) for spring 2013. Of course, I've gotta be at WDW! :P As much as I love MK, I am not a night owl and hope I don't end up working super late shifts like that, though I know to expect it lol. I am not sure what roles I would like do. I may end up extending my program, if I like it. Feel free to chat with me!
PrincessDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDream View Post
Hey everybody! My name is Christina and I am just wrapping up my freshman year at UCONN. I will be applying for my first CP ever (woot!) for spring 2013. Of course, I've gotta be at WDW! :P As much as I love MK, I am not a night owl and hope I don't end up working super late shifts like that, though I know to expect it lol. I am not sure what roles I would like do. I may end up extending my program, if I like it. Feel free to chat with me!
I didn't want to work super late on mine either I ended up at DTD getting off at like 11 or 12 was normal for me! I think MK might be the only park that keeps you around until 3am

Welcome by the way!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #24
MelissaMouse
Getting Disney fever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDream View Post
Hi and welcome !!! Would you lifeguard? The water parks close about 5-6pm(ish) every night so their shifts aren't too bad...Just early mornings. Also, I'm not sure if the role I did is still there...it was a "CP Pilot Program" when I started there was only a handful of us... It's called Resort Bus Greeter, it may be under transportation when you apply, but I worked 6-2pm every day and always got my 2 days off a week. It was super fun and you can pick up shifts at other resorts if you want!! I can't think of any others right now that would be "early" mornings...Maybe BBB, since I don't see how children would want a fairy makeover at 9pm? Hope that helps you

M-E-L-I-S-S-A
M-O-U-S-E!!

*SeaWorld Team Member*
Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #25
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice11 View Post
I'm getting so excited about the Spring 2013 College Program too. I already graduated from college last year so I am going to take a class at a local community college this Fall so that I meet the requirements and will be considered a part time college student. I just registered for the class and let me tell you that I have never been this excited to take a class.
My sister and I recently got FL Resident Annual Passes and we have been going to Disney World a lot. I now find myself watching the Cast Members and looking at their name badges to see if they are in the CP. I told my sister after our last trip that I could really see myself living and working at Disney. Applications for Spring 2013 can't come soon enough!
It always tickles me when people only take one class! Good luck hopefully we can all get in! (Since there aren't many of us...yet)
Old 04-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #26
disneyjazz 1928
Have a great, big, beautiful day. And remember, tomorrow's just a dream away!

Hi everyone!! I saw this thread and I read through just to make sure this wasn't JUST for Spring Adv hopefuls. I'm planning on applying for the Spring 13 program. I actually just applied and got denied for the Fall 12 program. But all is well because I wasn't even initially supposed to apply for fall. But I've known about the DCP for a very long time and I'm so excited to apply again in September . And since I've been reading around the board, I'm flip flopping in my mind whether I want to do the regular or adv program. But I'm a junior at Kent State and I really want to apply for merchandise, character attendant, attractions, and maybe hospitality or vacation planning
1995: FIRST VISIT/family reunion (offsite) 1999: Fort Wilderness Cabins 2001: Offsite (Westgate) 2002: First Old Key West stay and Universal Studios visit 2003: First Beach Club Villas stay! 2005 July: OKW 2005 November: All Star Sports 2006: OKW 2008 July: Port Orleans French Quarter/OKW2008 November: All Star Movies 2009: Wilderness Lodge/OKW 2011: Bay Lake Tower/OKW 2012: Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas/OKW
disneyjazz 1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjazz 1928 View Post
Hi everyone!! I saw this thread and I read through just to make sure this wasn't JUST for Spring Adv hopefuls. I'm planning on applying for the Spring 13 program. I actually just applied and got denied for the Fall 12 program. But all is well because I wasn't even initially supposed to apply for fall. But I've known about the DCP for a very long time and I'm so excited to apply again in September . And since I've been reading around the board, I'm flip flopping in my mind whether I want to do the regular or adv program. But I'm a junior at Kent State and I really want to apply for merchandise, character attendant, attractions, and maybe hospitality or vacation planning
Well either way you're def welcome here! I hope you decide to do spring adv since you still wouldn't actually miss but one semester. Unless you were going to make that semester up in the summer or something.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #28
disneyjazz 1928

That's the only thing. I'm graduating next spring and the only thing I would ask from the program is about 3 days off so I can fly up and graduate and then come back and finish working. But things will work out
1995: FIRST VISIT/family reunion (offsite) 1999: Fort Wilderness Cabins 2001: Offsite (Westgate) 2002: First Old Key West stay and Universal Studios visit 2003: First Beach Club Villas stay! 2005 July: OKW 2005 November: All Star Sports 2006: OKW 2008 July: Port Orleans French Quarter/OKW2008 November: All Star Movies 2009: Wilderness Lodge/OKW 2011: Bay Lake Tower/OKW 2012: Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas/OKW
Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
MelissaMouse
Getting Disney fever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjazz 1928 View Post
Welcome! I'm Melissa! I plan on applying for character attendant and attractions too I am also going to apply for PI

M-E-L-I-S-S-A
M-O-U-S-E!!

*SeaWorld Team Member*
Old 04-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #30
disneyjazz 1928

Park Preference

Just curious, if anyone wants to work in a park, which one do you want to work in? I think MK would be nice, but I know you would be working basically all day and night. I think Epcot would be really nice, plus it's my favorite park But I don't think I would mind working in AK.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: