Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #16
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

What about an MK view room at BLT?

I also think BCV or YC are great choices. There are lots of lovely rooms at WDW. You can always "plus" your honeymoon with experiences such as special dining or fireworks cruises etc.

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #17
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

Have you thought about renting DVC points and staying in a 1 bed at VWL. This will be far bigger than a regular WL room and it will have a full kitchen, king size bed, lounge area and jacuzzi bath. Renting DVC points will be significantly cheaper than booking direct with Disney.

Having said all that, I spent my honeymoon in a regular room at AKL and we loved it. We bought into DVC whilst on our honeymoon so that we can enjoy the magic every year.
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #18
Lisann
Mouseketeer

What's your budget? That might help us in trying to decide for you!

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #19
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!

I say stay where you can afford. You can make it extra special by planning special meals and activities. You will be so happy to be married and at WDW, it won't matter which resort you are at. If you want to tell us your price range, we can be more help.

Also, you can plan a special anniversary down the road, as finances change & stay at your "dream resort".

BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #20
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveee View Post
Okay Okay I know this topic has been discussed here a million times. You people are awesome.
I found the girl I want to marry. I put a ring on it and we got a date all set. We have decided we going to WDW for our Honeymoon.

Question: Where is the best place you think one should spend there honeymoon?

I'm going bonkers trying to make everything perfect.

Currently after doing my research from you fine people, my first choice is the WL Honeymoon suite.
Is there any other "For two" and romantic rooms in other resorts you fine people can suggest? Pictures really don't do justice in hotels. Where did you guys stay on honeymoons? What did you wish you stayed and did?

THANKS!

Dave

STAY AWAY FROM THE WL HM SUITE!!!!!

We just wasted our money there for a few nights for Christmas eve/day during our WDW honeymoon in December and it was not a good room. Yes, it's private and it's located on the very nice club level floor, but the room and small and cramped-smaller than regular rooms there. It was really outdated and in bad need of renovation. The jacuzzi in the bathroom was nice, but did not make up for the really drab and run down room. If you want to stay in the WL and ou want a jacuzzi, stay at one of the villas. Don't waste your money on the WL honeymoon suite-it is a total waste of money.

We spent the majority of our honeymoon at the Poly in the Hawaii/club level building and it was heavenly we payed for the cheapest view-garden view-and our view was gorgeous on the 3rd floor. Beautiful and comfy room-huge and luxurious. The lounge and the cast members were all wonderful and we have never felt so spoiled! And the location and ease of transportation cannot be beat. I wish we had upgraded to the Poly honeymoon suite for Christmas eve/day instead.
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
ResortFan
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!

We celebrated our honeymoon at Port Orleans French Quarter and loved it! Smaller, intimate, romantic...

I would have loved to do Grand Floridian though!
ResortFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
Daveee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
STAY AWAY FROM THE WL HM SUITE!!!!!

Thank you! this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Im looking at more and more pictures... and your right.. it does look outdated. I saw a few "Deluxe" rooms with a better look sadly.

Now Im back to square one. Not a bad thing, I have alot of you to thank! I realllly dont want to mess this up. You only do this once!

MK view room at BLT is a very good idea. I think that would be a awesome way to start each day and end every night looking at the castle.
Budget:
I would like to keep the budget for the room at around $3,000 for 6 days. Give or take depending how nice the room is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akl-fan View Post
Have you thought about renting DVC points and staying in a 1 bed at VWL.
Where do I find info about this? This sounds really cool. The WL was my first choice, but it just seems too expensive for a savana view...

Thank you guys so much.
Daveee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Look over the DVC Boards for more info. on renting points. See link below.....

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Also check out Dave's DVC Rentals. You will find info. at the same link.

BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #24
CyberFey
Mouseketeer

My DH and I stayed at CSR for our Disneymoon in April. It was awesome. We weren't in our room very long (well, one late morning because DH got sick from Yachtman's Steakhouse), so we really didn't miss any amenities. We came "home" to our king bed and just crashed. We were up and in the parks before we could really take in anything.

My dream resort is either Boardwalk or Poly. One day... when the kid is grown up...
CyberFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #25
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Look over the DVC Boards for more info. on renting points. See link below.....

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Also check out Dave's DVC Rentals. You will find info. at the same link.
This! My husband and I honeymooned in a Beach Blub 1 bedroom villa and it was heavenly!

Loved being able to walk to a bunch of great restaurants on the Boardwalk (Flying Fish ftw!), walking to Epcot, boat to Hollywood Studios, and Stormalong Bay! Hubby and I spent HOURS holding hand while floating on the sand bottom lazy river!

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #26
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

Many people rent there DVC points. They can be rented from dis-board users on these forums or though companies like David's Rentals. Here is their link:
http://www.dvcrequest.com/
I am not recommending them as I have never used them but I have heard many positive reviews. Usually points rent for between $10-$12 dollars per point.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #27
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

We didn't go to Disney for our honeymoon, but if we did, I'd love to stay savannah view at AKL. If you could swing a one bedroom there- OMG that would be heaven! DH and I just stayed at a studio in the Jambo house in Oct and it was so romantic!

I think that the room has a really romantic, exotic feel (more so than the Poly or WL), and seeing animals on your balcony was just amazing! We had mimosas and breakfast out on our balcony and it was just incredible to watch the zebras!

If your wife is an animal lover, I don't think you could go wrong with AKL.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

Just wondered what the OP decided to do?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #29
Daveee
Earning My Ears

We decided to get a 1b at saratoga springs though AAA.
We are very excited and can not wait to go.
THANK YOU EVERYONE! Your the best
Daveee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #30
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer

Ahhh...so exciting! Congratulations! We honeymooned at Disney 8 years ago for our hm. It was my DH first Disney trip ever. We've been there 6 more times since.

We stayed at All-Star Sports because we wanted to stay longer so we had to go for a cheaper hotel. I hope every moment of your honeymoon is magical!

So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Keegansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honeymoon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: