DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
tbay
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Live with kelly at aulani

Watching live with kelly this week
The show is being taped all week on the resort
Would love to hear from anyone who may be there
looks very exciting
tbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
moredisneyplease
Working towards more DVC!

i've never watched but now i just might!

I've been booed
moredisneyplease is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
jlowejd5
DIS Veteran

We were there last week while they were setting up for the shows. We actually knew nothing about it until Thursday (16th) when we were sitting on the beach and realized there was a huge camera crew behind us at the pool area. They were filming some of the promos, so I dvr'd the shows and actually saw myself in the background of one of them. She's sitting in a lounger with the beach behind her, and just over her shoulder is a big red and yellow catamaran. I'm sitting under the umbrella right beside it.

There was some disruption in services at Aulani to accommodate the show. They closed the teen club area because I think they were using it as a green room. They took over this little lawn area to build the sets and the crowd seating.

I'm actually not upset that we didn't overlap with the taping days on Monday and Tuesday, because it looks like a couple of hundred locals showed up to be in the crowd, and I'm guessing the place was super-crowded leading up to and out of the taping times.
DL: GCal - Oct '08
DVC: Aulani - Feb '12, Fairmont (San Francisco) - Nov '09. Beach Palace (Cancun) - Apr '09.
UO: Portofino Bay - Oct '11, Royal Pacific - Feb '09
Cruises: Sapphire Princess Hawaii 14-day - March '11, HAL Oosterdam 7-day Alaska - Aug '10
Dance, banana, dance!!
jlowejd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
Pixieflip
Are we there yet?

I've been watching all week and wishing we could swing an Aulani trip sooner rather than later! Looks so amazing. I'm sure it was super crowded with all the extra people and spaces being used. I hadn't thought of that.

1991 OP, 1994 POFQ, 1996 AS, 1998 POR/CBR, 2000 Disney Institute/OKW, 2001 ASMu/ASMo, 2002 WLV/OKW, 2003 POFQ, 2005 DCL, 2005 OP, 2007 BCV, 2010 AKV, 2010 OKW, 2010 SSR, 2011 OKW, 2012 BC, 2012 OKW...
Pixieflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

They actually did the taping for all the shows last Saturday and Sunday. We left Saturday morning but the are where the film the show was blocked off to set up. It surprisingly didn't disrupt much. The only way it affected us was they didn't do Starlit Hui one of the nights they normally do because it is usually in the area they were using. The hotel sent a letter out Friday stating the taping times and invited people to get tickets from the front desk.
My DH and baby rode the elevator with Kelly Ripa and her husband Friday night when they were returning from the luau they showed on yesterday's show.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

We are going in June so we watched it as a family yesterday. When they panned the resort my 8yr old said: 'you mean the beach is right in front of the hotel?!' My son was also doing the hula on the couch.

Now they are as excited as I am!

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
tbay
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

thanks for posting
it would be pretty exciting especially to meet kelly ripa and
her husband on the elevator
watching the show makes me want to go tomorrow
tbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I've recorded it all week, hoping to get more glances of the resort. I wish they would have shown more of the amenities. One thing that cracked me up was how Kelly would say "Aloooooha!! It reminded me of the way the lady at 'Ohana says it. Made me wonder if she's ever ate there during her visits.

Oh, and my name is Kelly too...so I guess my Hawaiian name is Strong Toliet too.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
Disneylovers
DIS Veteran

We just got back from Hawaii yesterday morning, and we were at Aulani Sunday through Wednesday. The taping was also done on Monday. I know this for a fact because my DD and I were at the taping of the show that aired yesterday (Thursday)!!!!!

When we checked in on Sunday, we saw signs up in the lobby, pointing to the VIP seating in the conference (or maybe the ballroom?). The front desk mentioned that the taping was done Saturday and Sunday (which bummed us out that we missed it). When bell services brought up our bags, we got to talking with Jonathan who mentioned that they were taping three shows tomorrow (including the wedding at 4:00). DD asked if there was ANY way to get tickets, and Jonathan said he'd see what he could do! We went out to supper, when we came back, there was a message from Jonathan that he could get one ticket for the tapings, if we were interested to call him back. We decided we didn't want someone to go alone, so we didn't call back.

When I woke up the next morning (Monday) there was an envelope under our door. In it were two tickets to the 11:30 taping, and two tickets to the 4:00 show!!!!!! Since we had tickets to the Paradise Cove Luau, we couldn't use the 4:00 tickets, so we turned them in to the concierge to hopefully be given to someone else. But DD and I attended the taping (while DH and our other DD went to the pool and the beach) and tried to catch glimpses of what was going on behind the scenes. He texted me at one point to say we were so loud!

The taping was fun, and, yes, DD and I found ourselves in one of the crowd scenes when we watched the tape of yesterday's show! Watching the wedding this morning, I was glad we didn't go to it, I was crying like a baby! It was a great experience,and I have an email to guest services in the works to thank Jonathan once again for helping make our trip just that much more magical!!!!
3/94-Dixie Landings, 3/96-off site (never again!) 3/98 & 6/02-Caribbean Beach, ('02 w/the Wonder), 3/00 & 3/04-Coronado Springs, 8/04-1st trip home to SSR, 7/05-Disneyland, 3/06-Vero Beach, 6/06-SSR w/family, 6/07-OKW, 12/07-1st trip home to AKV, 06/08-SSR, Wonder Cruise and VB, 6/09 Magic cruise to Tortola, then AKV for DD's sweet 16th! 8/10 last minute trip to SSR, 11/11 SSR for food and wine fest, 2/12, 25th anniversary Hawaii trip to Aulani,10/12 Disneyland Paradise Pier,5/13 Aulani, 10/14 Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic<a
Disneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Disneylovers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I've recorded it all week, hoping to get more glances of the resort. I wish they would have shown more of the amenities. One thing that cracked me up was how Kelly would say "Aloooooha!! It reminded me of the way the lady at 'Ohana says it. Made me wonder if she's ever ate there during her visits.

Oh, and my name is Kelly too...so I guess my Hawaiian name is Strong Toliet too.
They say "A - looooooo - ha" everywhere like that. It's a friendly greeting!

The running joke about her Hawaiian name has been cracking me up too! Oh, and her enjoying Kaleo has been fun too!!!!
3/94-Dixie Landings, 3/96-off site (never again!) 3/98 & 6/02-Caribbean Beach, ('02 w/the Wonder), 3/00 & 3/04-Coronado Springs, 8/04-1st trip home to SSR, 7/05-Disneyland, 3/06-Vero Beach, 6/06-SSR w/family, 6/07-OKW, 12/07-1st trip home to AKV, 06/08-SSR, Wonder Cruise and VB, 6/09 Magic cruise to Tortola, then AKV for DD's sweet 16th! 8/10 last minute trip to SSR, 11/11 SSR for food and wine fest, 2/12, 25th anniversary Hawaii trip to Aulani,10/12 Disneyland Paradise Pier,5/13 Aulani, 10/14 Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic<a
Disneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
PetePanMan
Mouseketeer

We left the day before actually taping but it was fun watching set-up and rubbing elbows with Kelly, Mark, Gelman and some of their guests (e.g. carson C., Jon Cryer) around the quiet pool.
PetePanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
nezy
DIS Veteran

I have been taping/watching all week too because I know the couple who were married. The wedding took place on Monday although was aired on Friday. They are still there but the kids have come home and said Aulani was great and a lot of fun.

It looked so beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: