DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

SSR Selling out?

We visited a Doorway to Dreams yesterday and had another visit with a guide we've seen before. He basically said that BLT was 98% sold out but that SSR was expected to sell out within 2-3 months. I thought SSR was the DVC that was never going to sell out?!?

The first time we met with him we thought he was just okay - we knew about the Grand Floridian "rumors" and he didn't at that point and overall we knew more than he did. He seemed better informed yesterday and he's not pushy, which is good.

So, I'm just wondering, is any of this info true? I'm especially curious about SSR.

I have to say, it was our first time seeing any DVC room in person and OMG - now I GET IT. The one bedroom is to die for. I thought I would hate the decor of BLT and we had mostly ruled that out but it's really kind of nice.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Check out the thread titled; SSR 2011 points add-on waitlist to help answer your question.
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Mississippian
DIS Veteran

SSR Waitlist link
Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Sold out no, Certain use year months yes
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
drusba

DIS Veteran

See http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pro...r-january-2012 which shows that about 82% of the points available for the treehouses have been sold but it is difficult to determine how close SSR is to actually selling out because Disney has some unknown points never sold in relation to the rest of SSR. Nevertheless the waitlist issue indicates that some use years must be sold out.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

1 bedrooms are nice, but they also cost double the points of a studio. 1 br actually have the lowest value of all DVC rooms. We plan on using a combination of Studios/1 Br for our future trips.

We are BLT fans of the rooms and hotel, but enjoy the SSR resort as a whole. Looking forward to seeing other resorts we haven't yet. A lot of people have complained of the decor and furniture at BLT, but we actually like it better than some of the others we've seen (in person and in pictures)
luckyman_apd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
thejamester
Earning My Ears

?????

Just a thought. Wouldn't an indication of any resort being sold out be Disney executing their ROFR to sell to those waiting on their waitlist to purchase at that resort? If not, when do we see Disney executing ROFR? I know there is a forum/postings regarding it on "Anyone made it through ROFR."

Just somethings I've noticed in researching on the lovely DISboards!!!

May 2013 Boardwalk Villas
December 2012 Animal Kingdom Jambo House
September 2011 Pop Century The Best Ever with Deluxe Dining Plan
September 2008 Carribean Beach Resort
June 2006

thejamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Breyean
OKW - 1993 & VCG - 2011

This from a couple of days ago seems to show it is in fact sold out.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts...rings-sold-out
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Well, that was fast. Ooof. I guess we won't be buying at SSR through Disney - I mean, we still can but we whole point of us buying there was of course the "value" we could get for those points compared to the other resorts.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejamester View Post
Just a thought. Wouldn't an indication of any resort being sold out be Disney executing their ROFR to sell to those waiting on their waitlist to purchase at that resort? If not, when do we see Disney executing ROFR? I know there is a forum/postings regarding it on "Anyone made it through ROFR."

Just somethings I've noticed in researching on the lovely DISboards!!!
I think Disney is trying to steer people towards BLT and Aluani. There are alot of SSR points on the resale market, I don't think Disney wants to get involved. Most of the recent ROFR have been BCV.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I think Disney is trying to steer people towards BLT and Aluani. There are alot of SSR points on the resale market, I don't think Disney wants to get involved. Most of the recent ROFR have been
BCV.
My uneducated guess, since Disney doesn't seem to be exercising ROFR on SSR contracts, is that many people must be walking away from these contracts and giving their points back to Disney. This would allow Disney to directly sell these "free" points and make a larger profit (rather than paying for points through ROFR). Since SSR is so big, the percentage of owners in financial trouble during this recession is greater than at, say, VWL or BCV and therefore it would be reasonable to guess that more SSR contracts would be foreclosed upon.

I believe Disney is pushing sales for Aulani and BLT, but AKV is also in that mix.
Stephen
Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

With BLT and AKV points available at the park, I would think that Disney would be more interested in pushing people to buy those points instead. If Disney can convince SSR buyers to buy at AKV or BLT it is a much higher profit margin for them over ROFR. I would imagine though if people are waitlisted at SSR, they are NOT willing to purchase AKV or BLT, so one would think Disney WOULD exercise the ROFR on UY that are waitlisted. Small profit is better than no profit right? And where would these points come from for those waitlisted if not for ROFR? It makes me scratch my head a little. There must be something I'm missing.
luckyman_apd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Disney has a finance guy that tells them when to announce when they are sold out. They know what the reaction will be, they know how to sell and they know where to set their prices. They know how many defaulted loans they can expect and how many dues foreclosures.

Nothing just happens, it's all planned out.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I think Disney is trying to steer people towards BLT and Aluani. There are alot of SSR points on the resale market, I don't think Disney wants to get involved. Most of the recent ROFR have been BCV.
Beginning in August 2011, DVD began exercising ROFR much more frequently on Old Key West deeds than on any other resort. In the last 6 months, 42 OKW deeds containing 8,785 points have been reacquired by DVD. During that same period, DVD reacquired 6 BCV deeds containing 1,020 points.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #15
MousekeTom
Earning My Ears

Monday I was told I couldn't buy into SSR for any UY at this time. Not what I was looking for anyway.
MousekeTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: