Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
I would expect there are clues in the text or video. Remember each card has a unique symbol in the three circles around the oval. Maybe they've hidden that in the video, like a cow that would get you to play Woody (cow print symbol in the circles) Or maybe the spell makes sense either from the villain's movie or has something to do with the villain. I just don't buy that it's random.
We have played so often the last 2 weeks. We are still on medium. I can't imagine we have many villians left to beat. We still haven't figured out a method to the madness. We've listened for clues, used cards from the villian's particular movie. It still seems to be hit or miss. The only thing we did notice was that what a card does changes over time with use. Our Lumiere card now shoots out 3 candles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostObi View Post
Hello Everyone. I'm just starting to collect these cards. I have my first trip to WDW booked for Star Wars weekends 2012 and I cannot wait to play this game.

In my efforts to trade for these cards I have created a Facebook Group. Since I cannot post a URL just search for "Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom" in Facebook and you will see the group (we are the only one). I'm heavily in the Vinylmation world and trade Vinyls online all the time. So I figured why not try and trade for SMK cards since I don't live in Florida.

The group is open and all are welcome to come talk trade.
It's a fun game! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's really catching on in popularity. The other night we waited about 15 to 20 minutes for each portal. That's not too bad when it's nice and cool out, but could be pretty hot during Star Wars Weekends.

I've reached my photobucket max for the month until the 10th. I'll post a pic of the wait in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydian View Post
From what I've seen it's a manual setting chosen by the CM when you have it reset after completing a level.

Yea, I've tried more and still being frustrated. If there are visual cues I'm just not getting it. I do have some more ideas I plan to try on my next visit though.

I think my biggest issue right now is that having to cast multiple spells per fight, I'm just not seeing any clues as to what might be working and not working. So I'm finding it hard to tell if I just have to fight 5 times to beat them, or if I'm doing it wrong and wasting time.
Don't feel bad. We aren't "getting" it either.

It seems that each guest and cm has a different theory on what works and what doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24gh12 View Post
it's fun but getting a pack of what you got is annoying
Tell me about it! But trading with people has been fun. We met some really wonderful people!

Just beware if you trade. Someone possilby tried to scam my child last night. They asked to see his cards. He had 15 cards in his hand. Over the course of looking at his cards, they were combined with theirs. They made the trade and my son got the card he wanted. But then the others didn't remember which were their cards and which were my son's.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
LoriR
Mouseketeer and DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy got lost on the way to my house
Awesome VMK Friend

DISboards Moderator

What could someone visiting on vacation, say for a week, accomplish with this game?

LoriR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #18
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriR View Post
What could someone visiting on vacation, say for a week, accomplish with this game?
They could probably finish the easy level in a day if they stuck with it. We've been playing for just a couple hours each time and enjoying a meal somewhere, so that's why it's taking us so long. It's fun! So there'd should be a level of enjoyment. And they'd probably want to finish the game at some point, so perhaps there is a return trip in the making?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
nbmiii
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriR View Post
That depends on number of participants. I completed the easy quest in 3 hours and 20 mins with minimal lines. I started the game first thing in the morning. As the day progresses more and more people join the adventure and the lines get longer. Since it has gone live I would guess that the time will depend on how many people are in the park, will prob be mobbed during the summer.
nbmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
yulilin3
Disney Freak

My DD11 and I have had alot of fun trading and talking to other people about the game. We are locals and had collected about 25 cards. Last weekend we dragged my husband and son and each of us got 1 pack (5 each) and thru trading and some very nice people that just gave us some of their cards, we only need 4 more of the first 60. (#5 Eve, #6 Mulan, #8 Triton, #30 Mickey and the Beanstalk). So, of course, we're going to MK again on Saturday.
We are on medium with one more villain to defeat. We have found that Yen Sid and Apprentice Mickey work great. Also Headless Horseman and Fairy Godmother and Rapunzel and Flynn.
yulilin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #21
disvaclub92
Always dreaming about Disney World
Are you saying we get a fast pass to heaven?
I know alot of people need big time ego stroking. Thank God I have Catholic Guilt to save me from that.

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the info, we will have to check it out next time we are down. And it reminds me before I obtain Disney cards for a new game, I should organize the ones I have from VMK.

disvaclub92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #22
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
it's fun but getting a pack of what you got is annoying
totally totally agree!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #23
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

We are headed back today to finish medium level!

Just wanted to share how the cards have been distributed now. In the beginning 5 cards were handed to the guest. Recently, it's changed to either a factory sealed pack or a hand sealed pack. The factory sealed pack contains cards with square corners. The hand sealed packs contain cards with the original rounded corner cards.

There is also a mention about the game in the times guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
My DD11 and I have had alot of fun trading and talking to other people about the game. We are locals and had collected about 25 cards. Last weekend we dragged my husband and son and each of us got 1 pack (5 each) and thru trading and some very nice people that just gave us some of their cards, we only need 4 more of the first 60. (#5 Eve, #6 Mulan, #8 Triton, #30 Mickey and the Beanstalk). So, of course, we're going to MK again on Saturday.
We are on medium with one more villain to defeat. We have found that Yen Sid and Apprentice Mickey work great. Also Headless Horseman and Fairy Godmother and Rapunzel and Flynn.
It took us a month to get all 60 cards. For us it was cards 11-15 that were the hardest to find. Thanks to some great people trading we were able to finish the collection last Monday. Now we need to finish medium level!

Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disvaclub92 View Post
Thanks for the info, we will have to check it out next time we are down. And it reminds me before I obtain Disney cards for a new game, I should organize the ones I have from VMK.
I think you and your family will love the game!

I found a freezer bag full of vmk cards recently. I think dh threw them away. Saved the pins though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
totally totally agree!
We have so many lumieres now! Kept getting him over and over again.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #24
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

I saw this in the guides every day, but didn't realize exactly what it was....until the last day. Doh! We signed up my DD6 for the game, thinking it would be something fun to pass the time between rides, but had no idea how involved it would be - or how addicted she would become in just a few hours! We eventually all signed up and ditched our key cards so she could have our spell cards. The lines were pretty long that day, but it was a very busy Saturday in Magic Kingdom. It would be nice if Disney would retool the videos so they were shorter - a little less story, a little more action I hope that its still going a year from now when we return, because she's still talking about it.
There were people with STACKS (like 2 inches thick!) of cards - I can only assume they had all the cards. Some tried to trade with her, but she didn't want to trade.

Me DH DD8 DD4
mom2maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
24gh12
got my golden ears

not to be mean but im yzma and chernabog away from hard with all 70 cards

people are starting to become jerks 1 person my friend asked said sure they would trade a rare card (moon it was only a low card) for the card they had and 50$ seeing as how it's rare why shouldn't they get something extra?

course he said no and we walked off
Old 03-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #26
katerina
Earning My Ears

I want to try this one.
katerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #27
24gh12
got my golden ears

if i may add

some cast members stole 3000 packages to try and find 61-70

hard is evil is all i gotta say you get 1 words hints and 17 cards that actually work now
Old 03-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #28
onedisneylover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
if i may add

hard is evil is all i gotta say you get 1 words hints and 17 cards that actually work now
Wow!!! I Can't believe there are dishonest cms that would steal the cards. Guess there are dishonest people everywhere, though call me crazy, but it's Disney!!! That stuff isn't supposed to happen there!!!

nobody but the big cheese saying cheese!!!
onedisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #29
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2maggie View Post
I saw this in the guides every day, but didn't realize exactly what it was....until the last day. Doh! We signed up my DD6 for the game, thinking it would be something fun to pass the time between rides, but had no idea how involved it would be - or how addicted she would become in just a few hours! We eventually all signed up and ditched our key cards so she could have our spell cards. The lines were pretty long that day, but it was a very busy Saturday in Magic Kingdom. It would be nice if Disney would retool the videos so they were shorter - a little less story, a little more action I hope that its still going a year from now when we return, because she's still talking about it.
There were people with STACKS (like 2 inches thick!) of cards - I can only assume they had all the cards. Some tried to trade with her, but she didn't want to trade.
Glad you got a chance to try it! Yes, it is involving and addictive. I hope the game continues as well so that you can play again next trip!

It took us a month of going twice a week to get all the cards, we were unable to do this through the packs they gave. We had to trade for a few of the cards. A week after we traded for a Rapunzel we got her. But in all the packs we have received, we have never received a Monstro or Mickey's Magic Beans. Of course, we never received a card from 61-70 either.

Quote:
not to be mean but im yzma and chernabog away from hard with all 70 cards

people are starting to become jerks 1 person my friend asked said sure they would trade a rare card (moon it was only a low card) for the card they had and 50$ seeing as how it's rare why shouldn't they get something extra?

course he said no and we walked off
We are on hard now ourselves. It is hard. Played Kronk and lost 9 out of 9 portals so far!

Congrats on collecting all 70 cards! Did you get them during the testing period? We still don't have any of the 61-70 range.

I don't think someone can sell a card at the park. I think that's one of those things that can get you banned from Disney for life.

I remember years ago, there were people who were arrested and banned from Disney for selling pins at DTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katerina View Post
I want to try this one.
I hope you get a chance to try! It's fun!

Quote:
if i may add

Wow! That's insane and very un-Disneylike. How did you hear tale of this?

You are right, hard is EVIL!! Only 17 of the cards actually work? Please explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedisneylover View Post
Wow!!! I Can't believe there are dishonest cms that would steal the cards. Guess there are dishonest people everywhere, though call me crazy, but it's Disney!!! That stuff isn't supposed to happen there!!!
Very un-Disney-like!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #30
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

we've been playing this as well, had 3 good stacks, one for my step daughter, one for Tyler, and one for Chris. Well....I washed his shorts with his cards in them!!! So, I gotta start over for him. But, this week it's only me and Tyler, so maybe we'll pop over to get some more cards. i'm surprised we haven't seen you in the park playing as of yet. We'll run into you sometime!! Got to before we move in June!

bouncycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: